Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. JRRNP
    Started by JRRNP,

    Hi everyone, What would you do if you found yourself in this position I found myself in a few days ago..... would be interested to hear you thoughts. Finish your shift around 6pm (suppose to finish at 2pm!! ) leave the nick and walk down to get public transport home, as the city has rubbish parking unless you want to pay £16.00 per day. You get on and there is a "heated debate with the driver and another passenger who claims to have lost his weekly ticket. You get on and pay as you don't really want to get involved just for a free bus ride home. The "heated debate" becomes sightly more abusive and is directed not only at the driver but other passengers where the yo…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. ejbrown1546081212
    Started by ejbrown1546081212,

    Hello All, I was catching the first early morning train having finished providing security at a venue which closes at 06:00 - oh deepest joy! It should be noted that I had not had a sip of alcohol and had no tell tale signs such as grazes, cuts and or bruises which could have drawn negative attention to myself. I was able to walk into the station without coming up against any form of access control, human or physical, and thus assumed that I was early or had been misinformed regarding the departure times of said trains. I therefore walk in and see that the train will be leaving very shortly, in around 7 minutes, after brief examination of my surroundings it becomes ap…

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2.1k views
  3. fence
    Started by fence,

    Heres the Scenario: Your driving home and you look in your rear view mirror and realise the car behind you is filled with youths that have baseball bats and hooded up, your in a dual carriage way and the speed up next to you and start waving their bats and threatening to kill you. What do you do speed off breaking the speed limit trying to get away from them fearing for your life but also a potential risk to other road users or stay within the speed limit and hope not to meet any red lights? and if you do choose to try and get away and you get stopped by police how do you explain to them and what would be your punishment for trying not to get beaten up / killed.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 887 views
  4. Gizzy
    Started by Gizzy,

    A house is on fire. A father is trapped in the attic floor with his two little girls. He comes to the conclusion that unless they jump they will all be burned alive. But he also realises that if they jump they are all likely to suffer harm. The children are too frightened to jump and so in an attempt to save their lives he throws one out of the window to the crowd waiting below and jumps with the other one in his arms. All are seriously injured, and the little girl he threw out of the window dies of her injuries. Offence?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. ejbrown1546081212
    Started by ejbrown1546081212,

    Someone makes contact with you, as a uniformed officer, in the street and poses the following question. The person in question was lent a smallish amount of money, say £200 by a friend, under no agreement or formal parameters. The person in question, hereby the 'borrower' is in the process of waiting for a cheque to clear and thus is unable to return the funds due to reasons of administrative delay. The lender sends a message saying that the borrower has a week to repay, and the money 'better be in my hand' or he's 'passing it on to some people'. The lender in question has been recently known to the police for over reaction / violence whilst working under a valid SI…

    • 10 replies
    • 879 views
  6. tree_monkey
    Started by tree_monkey,

    Hi all, I would like your advice/opinion on what I am about to describe to you. The events actually took place, however, I have omitted mundane details to get straight to the point. Please note I am not after an argument or out to cause trouble, I am generally interested in what people think. My girlfriend's younger brother (14) and his friend (also 14) were down on the playing field by my house. They found an old tin of pop stood it on a fence and were seeing who could knock it off with a stone. A man then came out of his house, took what appeared to be a warrant card out, identified homself as an off duty PC and called the boys over. Initially they didn't respond as…

    • 19 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. herman3101
    Started by herman3101,

    Wife asked me this and not entirely sure of the answer. We live in a fairly dense residential estate with narrow roads (certainly not safe to do more than 20mph) with lots of kids playing, etc. Pretty regularly we see/hear teenagers on their mopeds, and the occasional proper bike/car, driving well in excess of 30 mph along the straight road outside our house. This is clearly inappropriate speed and very dangerous. We have cats that roam around the estate and will sometimes cross the road. What should I do if: 1. I'm outside and witness a moped driving recklessly, hitting a cat, coming off their bike and then attempting to get back on and make off? 2. I'm inside, hear …

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 4.2k views
    ChewYoungPen
  8. milkandcookies
    Started by milkandcookies +,

    Just doing my revision for my exam on Saturday, and a friend has put this question up, which has confused me a bit. Peter goes up to Joe and says if you dont hand me over your money i will beat you up on your walk home from college tonight! Joe then gives the money to Peter.... Is that robbery? Robbery defnition 8(1) A person is guilty of robbery if he steals, and immediately before or at the time of doing so, and in order to do so, he uses force on any person or puts or seeks to put any person in fear of being then and there subjected to force. Now he hasn't used force from what is above. So is this just blackmail?

    • 28 replies
    • 2.9k views
    Sierra Papa 88
  9. kendra
    Started by kendra,

    Ok, so we've been given a list of scenarios ... some are offences some are NOT , but look like offences... I don't have access to PNLD from home so thought this was worth a try as my mind is boggled by some! You stop an old car, which you discover was first used in 1966 (after 1 January 1966). You notice that the adult passenger in the front of the car is not wearing a seatbelt. There are belts fitted, but they are the old type - prior to inertial reel. You stop a Ford Escort and examine the tyres. You find that the rear nearside tyre is an India remould. The breadth of the tread is 12 centimetres. The tread pattern consisted of five equally spaced zigzag lines arou…

    • 5 replies
    • 863 views
  10. GordonH
    Started by GordonH,

    This might be a stupid idea but here goes... I ride a motorbike a lot and have recently got a HD helmetcam which I intend to have fitted most of the time as my last accident was caught on video and made the incident a lot easier to explain/prove to the police what happened. As I'm often riding during rush hour I see a lot of car drivers sitting there on mobile phones driving like idiots. Considering how dangerous these people are to other road users I would like to report them in the same way I would a drunk driver if I saw them in the street. So what is the best way to go about doing this? What would I need to have in the video footage to make your case easier? I a…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. DI Sam Tyler
    Started by DI Sam Tyler,

    A very good afternoonB-) Inconsiderate / careless & dangerous driving. I'm sure that most of us that use the roads have experienced one of the forementioned. Just wondering hypothetically or in reality:- if ever involved in an actual collision whilst off-duty in private vehicle (whether driving or passenger), and even if there are no injuries, what would be the best thing to do if you believe that the R.T.C. has been caused by the other driver committing one of the aforementioned driving Offences? a.) Call the Police to attend the scene, asking any witnesses to remain? b.) Exchange Insurance Details etc., then Report the incident to a nearby Police Station? c.) M…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. okeeg001
    Started by okeeg001,

    Hiya, After watching the "Everything is OK" videos on youtube (The guy who talks on a megaphone in London), he often get's stopped. If someone is stopped and refuses to give their details for a stop form is there any powers of arrest?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 3.4k views
  13. i-plod

    Ok I'm in training I get my warrant card on the 14th July and throughout my training they have told us if we see any offences we are obliged to point them out. As anything we know about but do not act upon, if found out we can be held accountable for the same offence. So far i have pretty firm grounds to suspect Price fixing, unsure where this falls in the world of law. People regularly Smoking downstairs in the warehouse. People have 1/2 beers at the end of the day at work, then going to the pub for at least 1 more pint and then driving home. Now the difficult part is I need a job to pay the bills and being a SC does not do that. I have only been there 4 months. Mo…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. ChewYoungPen
    Started by ChewYoungPen,

    If I search someone suspecting they are a Disqual Driver for car keys is that still applicable for a PACE 1 form on suspicion or do I need to arrest and use Belief? Same principle for fireworks etc.?

    • 12 replies
    • 836 views
  15. PoliceMadAd
    Started by PoliceMadAd,

    To put it bluntly, 3 youths have been banned from the city centre where i live. There are posters up around town, telling the public of an ASBO againt the 3, banning them from the city centre until sometime 2012. I believe it also states they are allowed in the city centre if they're with an adult 21 or over. However, having had problems with one of the youths in the past, in the lat few days i have seen him twice walking around, on his own. There is a number to ring to report his breach of ASBO, but i'm not sure of the point of that as he could be long gone before anyone investigates. So what do? I have my own opinion on what to do, but it would involve following, and…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.