Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. Marksussex
    Started by Marksussex,

    My other half works in an off licence and comes across quite a few under aged drinkers, all of which are logged in the No id no sale book. However she had a young girl in a few weeks ago using a fake id. Question is what does she do, can she seize the id or does she let the girl walk. i suppose it is some sort of fraud but Im no expert. Answers on a postcard please.

    • 25 replies
    • 2.4k views
  2. Cemboi
    Started by Cemboi,

    Hello, I know this is mainly for policing issues, but out on my birthday last night, me and some friends came across a bit of trouble: Basically it was 4am outside a club and we were waiting for the bus home, when a drunk man randomly out of nowhere punches my friend in the jaw. Me and my friends were shocked because it was out of the blue. My friend that got punched started trembling everywhere and nearly fell flat on the floor but I ran to help him keep balance and calm him down, whole my other friends were just standing with their mouths open! Was that the best option or should I or one of my friends confronted the guy. I ain't a SC (yet!) so had no 'off duty' powers …

    • 11 replies
    • 956 views
  3. DS168
    Started by DS168,

    Hi again guys, One of my friends who knows that I am training as a special ran this past me the other day and I wasn't sure of an answer. A group of guys went to a nightclub and queued up to get in, upon reaching the front of the queue they are told by the bouncer that they were only letting women into the club now. One of them challenged the bouncer that this was sexual discrimination, to which his response was "well go get a police officer then" I'm curious, besides telling my friend to go to another club as that one isn't worth the hassle, what exactly could we do if somebody came to us with this? Have any offences been committed? Thanks

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    Somebody attempting to commit suicide in his own home. Police become aware of this. What can the police do to stop this person as they have no authority under the Mental Health Act?

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    I had this happen to me ages ago, not quite sure why I remembered it but I'm pondering what they most relevant offences for this is: passengers throwing lit fireworks from a moving vehicle into oncoming traffic which then explode in the middle of the carriageway. What do you reckon?

    • 15 replies
    • 2.4k views
  6. Hyde
    Started by Hyde,

    I came in last night at about half 11, it was pretty dark. I walked behind a neighbour's parked huge long caravan and felt a shooting pain in both my shins. I looked to see what it was, and they had fitted a bike rack to the back of it that seems to better resemble a recycled fence, than something safe to carry bikes on. It was painted black and there was no way anybody would see if as lighting was poor. Are there any requirements when it comes to vehicle's bike rack on the back? I could have spotted it and avoided it if it was painted white, or had reflective tape or something similar on it. I also imagine that having bicycles on it would be obstructing the read number…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. PW90
    Started by PW90 +,

    As we all know, it was a scorcher here in the South East yesterday. As I was driving to the station yesterday I saw a small group of about 3 young people carrying water balloons. They were topless and wearing shorts - they had obviously just been in a water fight! (I was rather jealous and a bit toasty inside my car ) They threw the water balloons at the van in front of me, making it rather damp. Some may see it as good fun - however had they waited for my car and thrown it would have glided in through my open window and soaked me and the inside of my car. This is likely to have caused me to swerve or otherwise "startle" as the water hit me - and although cooling me down…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    The scenario is... While at a party your extremely drunk friend comes over to you, very emotional. You look after her and in doing so she tells you that she was assualted by her father. He gave her a black eye (so she missed a few days of school) and burned her with a cigarette, after she told him she used to smoke. This is the only pysical violence, but there are claims of verbal abuse. She called the police once before and they arrested her father, but even though in a drunken state (completely wasted more like) she doesn't want to tell the police because she doesn't want him arrested again and she knows he loves her. What would you do? Get her to talk to the police…

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
    Administrative Account
  9. Jon!
    Started by Jon! +,

    Hi all, quick question for you. Earlier today I saw a group of males, one of them ran and forecibly put a hat (baseball cap) on a female, who was obviously a stranger to them as her and her boyfriend then looked bewildered, and then he ran! After seeing Police Officers there 5 minutes later and thinking if only they had been here a few minute's ago, I got thinking what could actually be done about "putting a hat on someone". My thoughts was surely it would come under the P.O.A. ? What could actually be done in this situation?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
    GoneForgotten
  10. GaryW
    Started by GaryW,

    Travelling home from work you see three youths on a train cutting up what appears to be cannabis. They are on the train between a couple of quiet stations about 2-3 minutes apart. They don't cause any trouble and aren't noisy at all. No train guard is around to inform. So what do you do? Call BTP and let them know even though you aren't 100% sure? Leave it be? Something else? Cheers.

    • 7 replies
    • 705 views
    IrateShrike +
  11. rangnsjs
    Started by rangnsjs,

    Ok, Yesterday I was driving down a country road and I noticed that from where the national speed limit signs start and finish, someone has decided to spray them with black paint . I can only imainge this is to cover up the speed limit so if anyone got stopped they could use the "I didn't know what the speed limit was". I was just wondering though, if this would actually work, and how would you deal with that situation as a police officer?

    • 13 replies
    • 975 views
    HarryB1546080987
  12. meg79
    Started by meg79,

    Working in a lisenced establishment, I have to use my discresion when dealing with customers who have had a drink with their meal. Usually it is just a couple of units - I'd be forever putting myself on duty if I wanted to breathalize every customer!! However, I have come across this situation once and would like your opinions on how you would handle this as a recently attested special... Two ladies coming in for a meal with four young children with them. Both women having ordered and drunk four pints of strong larger. They stayed for about two hours. The driver is obviously over the limit and it upset me last time, especially due to having kids in tow. I did call this…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Foster
    Started by Foster,

    You and your mate are sitting side by side on your motorbikes in traffic. There's a PCSO redirecting traffic ahead (70m) due to the fact that the mini roundabout ahead (100m) has one of its exists closed (possible accident?). There is about 5 cars between you and the PCSO. No ones moving. Next thing you know the car in front of you pulls in to the left as if to go down a side street, To which point the drivers side window goes down and the driver throws something at the rear window of the car in front. It shatters. And the car screeches down the dead end side road and disappears. After a bit of a WTF moment you get part of the number plate and drive up to the PCSO, alo…

    • 6 replies
    • 779 views
  14. Dave328
    Started by Dave328,

    I am new start training soon so go easy on me but i m intrested in knowing how others would deal with a scenario i have experienced a few day ago. My girlfriend has her own horse and i oftern acompany her when she rides through the local area. I walk on the outside so that if the horse is spooked and jumps she jumpes into me not onto or in the path of a passing cars. On a recent occasion a car that looked to be driving to fast overtook us just lightly clliping me with its mirror (no dammage to the car). As the driver passed he did some rude hand signals and my girlfrind called him a prat (a fair comment after nearly running me over and thats all she said). The drive sto…

    • 47 replies
    • 2.8k views
  15. Frogman
    Started by Frogman,

    One of my very first shifts, i came accross this situation. Sadly, being very new and all, i didn't manage to try and understand the circumstances. So, this is it; Dave is in a pub on an early saturday evening having a good drink and suspected to be under influence of drugs due to his constant jaw grinding/white saliva accumilating at the corners of his mouth etc. The landlord comes over and asks Dave to leave due to his slightly rowdy and concerning behaviour. Dave refuses and stays put in his chair which prompts the manager to phone the police. PC Davies and his colleague arrives and witnesses Dave acting 'irregular', but requests the landlord to ask Dave to leave in …

    • 18 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.