Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. Pineappleman
    Started by Pineappleman,

    Ok you have been out for the night your not legless but you are jolly. You get in a taxi to go home and during the drive the nice taxi driver uses his mobile phone to talk or text. What would you do?

    • 19 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Walesmjc
    Started by Walesmjc,

    I am having a bit of mental block as it’s a while since I was on traffic so I’m reaching out to any experts on motorbikes out there; I never was any good with two wheels!! My scenario is an adult rider (over 21) of a 49cc scooter on a road who is not displaying L-Plates, has not done a CBT and is carrying a pillion passenger. Now the rider has a full car licence which they passed prior to the 1st of Feb 2001 and thus I know that they don’t have to display L-plates or complete a CBT. I thought back to my days as a rat and was sure that there is an endorsable fixed penalty offence of carrying a pillion passenger, but couldn’t find it and am led more to think tha…

    • 10 replies
    • 5.1k views
  3. Diaego
    Started by Diaego,

    Just interested in thoughts on this. Having recently had quite a bit of liaison with US federal law enforcement officers for work, one thing that was interesting was their not only their ability to carry a firearm (concealed) off duty, but in fact, it was required. I'm of the opinion that whilst it could have its merits, I thought how inconvenient that must be. However, they are of the mindset that they feel almost 'naked' without it (i.e. when travelling overseas). It started making me think about CS and/or batons. If, for example, your force allowed carriage of either (in a concealed manor), would you do so? The plus side is obvious, not only for personal protection, b…

    • 49 replies
    • 5.7k views
  4. Frogman
    Started by Frogman,

    PC Jones is on duty at a music festival. Some local lads are fooling around close to him and one of them unintentionally bumps into him, breaking his sunglasses which were attached to his stab vest. Clearly annoyed, PC Jones speaks to the lad who could not be more apologetic. "Those glasses cost me £20" Said PC Jones, "I should be arresting you for criminal damage". After continuous apologies and a plea not to be arrested, the lad brings a £20 note from his wallet and offers it to PC Jones, offering to cover the cost of his broken sunglasses. PC Jones sees it as a mutual understanding, takes the money, puts it in his pocket and lets the lad go on his way. Specific of…

    • 7 replies
    • 999 views
  5. TallGuy1546081014
    Started by TallGuy1546081014 +,

    A two lane NSL dual carriageway between two roundabout approximately 1000yds apart has lane 2 coned off with a taper feeding lane 2 into lane 1. Traffic is slow moving between the two roundabouts due to the time of day. A moped enters the stretch in lane 2 and then squeezes alongside a car in lane 1 at the last minute before nipping through the cones and riding down lane 2 at approximately 30-40mph. In lane 2 there is a large 1500mm dia keep left sign on a A frame. The moped goes to the right of this sign swerving at the last minute as he realises how close his head was getting to the edge of the sign. 50yrds on from the sign was a road roller with two workmen standing a…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. dave09
    Started by dave09,

    If you see 2 vehicles racing each other on a public road WITHOUT getting their speed on a radar/laser gun and you manage to stop and speak to the drivers what would be the best course of action to take? I was thinking of a Section 59 warning but is there something else more appropriate?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  7. Gizzy
    Started by Gizzy,

    Two mountain climbers, Bob and Bill were climbing a mountain; they are experienced climbers as are attached to each other by a long rope for safety. Around 3,000 ft, Bob slips and falls over the mountain. Bill can see him falling at a great speed and at the same time, he can also see the rope attached to him become shorter and shorter. Bill has seconds to think '...I could try and hold Bob and lift him back up.' But at the same time, due to the speed of Bob falling, this could pull Bill over as well. Bill decides that the risk is too high and he decides to save his own life. Bill then grabs a knife and cuts the rope, subsequently, Bob falls to his death. Offence?

    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Administrative Account
  8. Soapyw
    Started by Soapyw,

    One for serving officers mainly. You are driving along (off duty) and are involved in a slow speed RTA. The other driver is at fault, and you observed them on their mobile phone before the accident. You think that was the cause of the accident. There is no damage to person or property other than the two cars. As we know the police are not there to investigate RTA's on behalf of the insurance company. But you witnessed an offence, suspect it caused the accident and are rather hacked off at the big dent in your car! Would you call the police and report the use of the mobile phone asking for someone to attend (i.e. report but stay out of it since you are not impartial) …

    • 2 replies
    • 876 views
  9. Frogman
    Started by Frogman,

    I saw this on my way home from work today; Driving down a wide B road oncoming i saw a horse pulling a carriage containing 2 males of around 15-20 years old. The horse pulling the carriage ws bridled up and travelling on the road, following the same lines as a car would at about 15-20mph. There were 2 rather scruffy dressed males in the carriage holding onto a strong rope which was attached to a further young looking horse (i'd say even 1-3 years old) running (but more like draggd) alongside the carriage which appeared to be looking quite distressed. There was a long line of cars help up behind the slow moving carriage. The road runs parallel to several fields where hor…

    • 6 replies
    • 746 views
  10. Rosscow from moscow
    Started by Rosscow from moscow,

    I'm not gonna lie I like actual pirates quite a lot.... but piracy is of course illegal so in theory, a proper fun sponge of a police officer could come a long and arrest anyone dressed as one. I mean you only need a reason to suspect someone of a crime to arrest them, and if you see someone dressed as a pirate with a parrot and peg leg, that is more than enough to suspect someone of piracy... I mean when do non pirates wear that kinda thing. I mean ask anyone who they are and they will say, oh he's a pirate... obviously I wouldn't arrest people for that, just in theory, you could?

    • 2 replies
    • 594 views
  11. jonoholland
    Started by jonoholland,

    Now, this isn't strictly a scenario, but it seems the best place for it. This a is an exact copy of a question in my practice PIRT. Q. The garden shown has two vegetable plots and a path 2m wide. What area of turf would be required to cover the plots? A. 50m2 B. 100m2 C. 120m2 D. 125m2 E. 140m2 Answer = B 100M2 Now can any one tell me how to work that out as that is not the answer I am getting!

    • 48 replies
    • 2.8k views
  12. Gra
    Started by Gra +,

    Scenario: cop searching woods for a male suspected of committing burglary in the hours of darkness. There is only one way in and out, and the cop has seen the guy run into the woods, and he has the entrance covered. He radios for the assistance of a dog and handler.....they will not be able to attend for over 1 hour. The cop knows that he has his own personal night vision goggles in his kit bag, and considers using them. He tracks the suspect down in minutes, and arrests the guy. What's your thoughts on this then folks? G

    • 43 replies
    • 3.3k views
  13. Gizzy
    Started by Gizzy,

    Sally wishes to kill Bill. She puts poison in Bill's tea, he take a sip and dies 10 minutes later of a heart attack. Medical evidence shows that Bill died on a heart attack, which in no way was attributable to the poison administered in his tea. Murder?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Cemboi
    Started by Cemboi,

    You know at traffic lights you always get the forceful window cleaners, if I kill one will I get arrested? Only joking, is what they doing illegal and can they get arrested if seen by you police?

    • 8 replies
    • 904 views
  15. Edward_Strange
    Started by Edward_Strange,

    Evenin' all. This happened to me on the train to Bristol, I'd resigned from the SC not 3 hours earlier and the first time I would have used my powers off duty sprung up! Basically, a lady who appeared to be from the eastern Europe gypsy community was going up and down the train with a baby on her shoulder, approaching all the passengers. She would then hand them a bit of paper with "I have 5 children, no food, no money, please give generously, God bless." I called it into BTP but I'm not sure if anything happened as I had to get off at the next stop. As I say, if I was still an SC, I would have quite happily taken that child into emergency custody and then asked to…

    • 37 replies
    • 2.5k views
    callsign-kid

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.