Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
You're on foot patrol, on your own. It is Saturday, 1:00pm. You are turning onto a street. You see a man with shot gun. He has already shot two people in the head. You don't have time to turn back round and call for back up as he has already seen you. What do you do? He is now pointing the gun at you.
-
Here's one...no idea tho. Guy gets pulled. Motor trader driving car to sell. It has no tax or trade played displayed. States he's got trader insurance but this is not verified as company closed. What would you do? Also say colleague gives benefit of doubt for ins...but then potentially driver does not have ins after a bit of digging... what happens I am clueless
-
Hi folks, don't often post here but have a 'scenario' for you to think over, I live in a private estate in which the gardens are cared for by a gardener. I have 2 cats which like the freshly dug soil - you get my drift! Now i have no problem in cleaning up after them, as long as i'm asked. About a year ago I find cat pooalong with soil inside my new BBQ - ok funny ha ha! I then find about 2 weeks ago an excessive ammout of cat poo in a raised flower bed on my private terrace, hmm clever cats? Then this week I find a considerable ammount of poo and soil in a out door storage box of mine - bit more than a joke now. So confronted said gardener as he sems to have a pro…
-
In short, i was walking on the outskirts of the city centre in the early hours after a night out, and saw a man basically passed out-asleep (he was breathing, just asleep) on a grass verge at the side of the road. I was a bit concerned for his welfare, being next to a public footpath very close to the city centre, alongside a road with it being 1:30am on a Sunday morning, and was worried he could be robbed. I carried on walking after consulting with my brother as to whether i should phone 999 or not. I didn't want to tie the police up as it was a mjor drinking night in town, and i decided that if i saw a police vehicle on the walk home i'd flag it down and let them know. …
-
out side my house e-on have just started drillig the road, 11:30!! there must be a law against this? help before I kill a workman!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Just a question I've had on mind for a while now. I have all of my kit at home including ASP and Cuffs. If someone was to break into my house, would i be justified to use the baton with reasonable force to apprehend the burglar? I know of the reasonable force legislation - But will this still apply when it's protecting your own property, and giving them a pre-emptive strike with a baton? It's extremely unlikely, and more so hypothetical.. but something that i wanted a definite yes/no answer to. Tarrrr!
-
OK, to make it easier for everyone, i've reversed my car into a wall. In a public area, council property, so my question is, where does it go from here? I understand the 'report it within 24 hours' and as i went to the nearest police station and it was closed, i'm going to be reporting it when i wake up. I've been told it's not a police matter, and i won't get points on my licence, which i'm relieved about if it's true. But how much would the fine be, there's very minor damage to the car but the wall is completely over. I know this isn't a legal drop in centre, but i'd just like to know the consequences of what i've done. Thanks
-
Guys, Gals and others; Yes I know the disclamier (to save you typing) Scenario; There is this boy, who drives a MK4 Fiesta, he drives up a road to where all his friends are hanging out, which is well out the way of anywhere. He then proceeds to speed past them up the road and goes around a corner, you hear him perform a handbreak turn. He then proceeds to speed back down the road, back towards his friends, only this time as he approachces his friends he slams the footbrake on and the car skids a good 20ft down the road to a stop. He then puts the vehicle into reverse and reverses down the road at some speed, before putting it in first gear whilst still rolling backward…
-
On my walk to work this morning through central London I was walking down a road which was undergoing some repairs. The road was closed and fenced off with clear diversion signs at either end. Two guys were on the opposite pavement to me with a cyclist coming towards them. The cyclist slowed down slightly as he approached them, but made no attempt to stop, and one of the guys stepped behind the other. As the cyclist squeezed between the first ped and the fence the ped said something along the lines of "get off the pavement", and then as the cyclist passed the second ped there was a bit of contact, possibly from the ped trying to reinforce the point that he should not have…
-
Hi! I am currently applying for the specials and am in the painful process of waiting for training dates! which is why I am here. Anyway me and a friend were walking in local woodland, and decided to walk off the official foot path following an old no longer used path that we went along as kids. After five minutes of walking we smelt cannabis, looked to our right and growing in an area around a load of abandoned cars was at least 16 potted cannabis plants neatly lined up in full bloom (the buds were at least 2-3 inches, 12-20 on each plant from what we saw). We left continued on our way and went passed a house which was connected directly to the grassed area with the …
-
Hi Everyone, During a restful night sleep last night (new baby), it came to me that I might be over-using the arrest power for Sec5 (well not that I am over using more that I am having to effect sec5 arrest more and more often). Every shift I do it seems like it involves me either taking some to custody for D&D or Public Order ??? I do try my best not to arrest people for being a fool or swearing etc by giving "advice" or giving the person a ticket to leave the area. Is it me or does the community of Friday, Saturday and Sunday night drinkers and some of the people just not have any respect or manners anymore. I am really getting fed up of this as it seems to me a…
-
I'm trying to be very patient with my 'neighbour' (loose term) on this but last night was the last straw. He is the partner of the girl who lives in the house (with her grandparents) and sits in the car outside the house, with various people, engine idling, music on for varying lengths of time. Last night it was for 20 minutes at 2300ish so I gave him that one but then a further 30 minutes at 0100ish finally pushed my patience to the limit and I went out and asked him what he was doing. He said he was talking to his mate to which I replied could he not do that with the engine off even though I fully appreciate the need to defrost one's car in July. Okay so maybe the…
-
This is a strange one, and call me crazy you shall. 2 Police officers are on duty in full uniform. They are in the station having a heated discussion which culminates in officer A pushing officer B over. Officer B then arrests and cuffs officer A for assault and takes him to custody. Not a situation iv been in / heard of / plan to be in. Just interested on your thoughts and what the likely outcomes would be etc
-
Ok this has got me wondering... My wife told me yesterday that while she was at the shops, she seen and heard a police officer talking to a woman had just came out of a charity shop. The police officer was on his own & the woman had parked on a pelican crossing, which I believe is usually dealt with by a fixed penalty (i.e. 3pts & £60 fine) He basically said to her that he's letting her off, but if he saw her parked there again, next time she won't be so lucky. My question is - What power does a police constable have if he or she is on their own in this sort of situation. Is a second officer required to be a witness to the incident or is their word good enou…
-
I was in one of the less favourable towns where I live the other day. I parked my car and went to go into the shopping centre. In the car park there was a Police Officer issuing a FPN to a boy on a moped. I'm not sure what for - but he was smoking so that was probably something to do with it! Whilst writing out the ticket about 12 other boys between the ages of about 8-15 came and surrounded the Officer. They all just made the situation very awkward and a tad intimidating to have so many chaved up youngsters surrounding him. He told them to (good police line here) 'disappear'. None of them even flinched - he continued with his pen and paper writing out the ticket and a fe…