Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Is there anyone that could help me regarding being first on scene for major incidents, i.e a stabbing? Scenario: You (double crewed unit) get the call and your the nearest unit, you start to head over and as with most jobs you start thinking about what your going to. As your driving over, latest update is the victim is bleeding a lot, and the suspect has left the scene, unsure where the blade is. The stabbing happened outside a busy pub, lots of upset, drunk people milling around the scene. No doormen, and staff are refusing to come outside. Other units are en route, but the first one to arrive is 10 mins away. How would you deal? Priority is to give first aid to the vi…
-
I've been witness to a couple of fights (between pupils), just outside my school and I was wondering, should I have stepped in? I found it really hard to walk away and I would have much preferred to have done something. Also, a couple of officers and PCSOs have been outside the school recently too, in fact once was when a couple of year 7's decided to have that pushy-holdy fight that they do. I'm certain I should have told the officers but I didn't know whether they were being serious or not. Finally, Would it be OK to talk to the officers (about the specials, and why they're there), or should I leave them alone while they're working? I've been meaning to talk to virtu…
-
I've just got home from a weekend in Newcastle with guys I've known for the past 12 years. We travelled up by coach from Manchester and had the rooms booked for 2 nights, with return tickets on the Sunday. Most of the time was spent having a laugh, while getting rather drunk. However some of the time a number of friends, including my best mate who can be a little susceptable to peer presure / bad influences, were taking certain substances, that aren't all that legal. Bearing in mind I'm an MOP, what would you do if you were; a) still an MOP b) in the job I personally didn't touch the stuff, but don't have a problem with people who do as long as they don't force it …
-
hi a guy wearing a EDL t -shirt walking around a busy town centre /drinking in pubs on st georges day ...... is there any offence here? im not sure whether the EDL are a banned organistion...... would we be able to ask the chap to remove this shirt? forgive me if this question seems ridiculous!! regards all!
-
Charlie is in a public place and due to recent incidents, is wearing a hat to cover unsightly scarring to his shaved head. Two youngsters have been in town have found Charlie's hat funny and egging each other on, knock it off. They do not contact Charlie and he is unaware of their intent as it is done from behind. Charlie is distraught. He is very self-conscious about his head and has only today been encouraged to face up to the world and go to town, only doing so because of the confidence the hat gives him. Are there any offences?
-
You are on duty at midnight on a Saturday. An erratic driver is reported and obs are passed for the vehicle. You happen to get sight of this vehicle and start following in it. The vehicle is driving erratically and is all over the road and so you pull it over. Upon walking to the drivers door, the window is down and a man stares out at you, eyes glazed, looking quite intoxicated and slurring speech. He tells you that he had no option but to drive as his wife is in labour. You shine your torch to look in the back and there is a woman lying across the back seat, extremely disressed and obviously in labour. You have noticed via your radio, that other units are committed an…
-
Someone has a collection of old style police truncheons... A) Is it illegal to have these in their home? B) If a burglar broke into their home and they used one (on their property) to 'reasonably' subdue or fight off the robber, would they be prosecuted? (I'm not talking chasing someone down the street and beating them half to death) Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a related topic.
-
This is a real incident that I had presented to me this week - lets see how you guys would deal with it... It's -7:00 and you have just started your shift when you are deployed to a male intruder detained inside a dwelling. The father has got up to go to work. When he goes downstairs he finds a strange coat hung up in the hall. He then goes into the kitchen and there is a pair of shoes near the door. Puzzled he begins to search the house and on entering his 5 year old daughters bedroom he finds her sitting at the end of her bed. There is a lump under the covers and on pulling them back, he finds an unknown male fast asleep! He detains the male and calls police. There…
-
Hi, I have been wondering about this for a while. I don't know what the rule is on taking your safety equipment home with you but say, for example, you take home your baton and cuffs and leave your CS at the station. So, you get out of the car at home and between your car and your front door a person sticks a knife in your face and asks for your money etc. You tell him you'll give him your money, reaching into your pocket, but instead you pull out your ASP and hit him in the head with it, knocking him unconcious. You then handcuff him and call the police. Would this be allowed? DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING I WOULD DO IT, SO BEFORE PEOPLE START SAYING JUST GIVE HIM THE…
-
I was sat watching the Liverpool game last night and a thought occurred to me, to which I didn't know the answer hence the following scenario! I have only worked small rugby matches and am not public order trained so maybe the answer is in that training... You are policing pitch side at a football game, your primary focus being the safety and good order of the fans. A bad tackle goes in and the handbags get released, before you know it there is a 10 man brawl with the players and referee right in front of you. Do you turn and make sure no fans are coming to join in or break up the players (with potential escalation issue). Two different scenarios, one is a premier leag…
-
This kind of ties in with a topic I just started in the law bit about opting out of the legal system, but this (I appreciate quite unlikely scenario) came from it and got me thinking. You arrest someone for something fairly low level, lets say theft from a shop. They have no ID on them and no comment everything. They have no previous form and finger prints etc are not on the system. 24hrs later, they still say nothing. Do you now have to let them go? Can you follow them till they get home? I know this kind of thing is highly unlikely, but not impossible. Has anyone heard of something similiar or is there a process / law to get around it?
-
Say you pull into a dark car park at night and in the far corner is a car with 1 male and 1 female occupant. As you pull up you see them kissing etc but not full on intercourse. After a quick check on both the occupants the girl turns out to be 15 with a 19 year old male. No complaints from the female. Any Offences? Discuss...
-
You are waiting at a bus stop, in the snow, when on the opposite pavement a man rides past on a small quad bike, no plates or lights, with a small child on his lap. What would be your response, either as a civilian or PC?
-
I'm sure this happens every Friday and Saturday night across the UK. Just interested in how you would handle the situation. Would you take the Woman in, the Man in or both? Why would you act in the way you have?
-
Your called to a misper. She is a vulnerable girl who lives with her parents. Upon visiting her parents and asking them to provide any leads, they tell you that she has recently become friendly with 'John' who lives at number 26 on the same street who they regard as rather 'dodgy'. Later, enquiring at 'John's' address, he answers the door and seems uninterested with your enquiries, however he reluctantly allows you to enter and search his house for the misper. He appears nervous when you look upstairs and you raise your suspicions towards the attic hatch (indentations on the carpet due to possible recent activity/attic dust - foam insulator on the carpet on the upstairs …