Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. ryeax23
    Started by ryeax23 * ,

    Hi, thanks for the opportunity to join the group. I have been interested in becoming a Police Officer for some time now. I am 34 year old and currently serving in the Army; Ive served 12.5 years so far, as a CMT (Combat Med Tech) In the RAMC. Ive had a very enjoyable career so far, serving around the world- including several operational tours, however I am looming closer and closer to the ‘pension trap’ (my feet are becoming increasingly itchy). I am based in Colchester, and recently noticed Essex Police have started recruiting again. Hence my interest being spiked of late. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope to pick the brains of some willing membe…

    • 1 reply
    • 50 views
  2. RobJ931546082853
    Started by RobJ931546082853 * ,

    Hello folks! Just a quick post to introduce myself on the forum, My names Rob, I'm 23, live in the north of Scotland and currently work as an elderly care assistant in a nursing home. I've recently applied to be a special constable with Police Scotland's Highlands and Islands division, i received my email confirming that i'd been accepted at the initial stage (I know it's just the start in a long road, but i'm delighted all the same!) and will be sent an email confirming my date for my SET/Fitness test in the coming weeks. I'm mainly on PoliceSpecials.com to get some help and advice from current specials on what to expect from my tests/training and also just to catch the …

    • 2 replies
    • 99 views
  3. CMC666
    Started by CMC666 * ,

    Not sure if this is the right place to post, still getting my head around the forum, help please!

    • 1 reply
    • 233 views
  4. d_rushby
    Started by d_rushby,

    Good evening. I would like to to introduce my self to the forum. I'm 31 and currently applying for the West Mercia Specials. I look forward to being a part of the forum. Kind regards

    • 1 reply
    • 81 views
  5. Pryk
    Started by Pryk * ,

    Hi I have joined this community as I would like get some insight into a criminal record that exists against my husband. Thanks, Pryk

  6. SpenceC
    Started by SpenceC,

    Hi Guys, I'm Spence. Live in South Wales. Applied for BTP PCSO - London, and have an interview and assessment booked at Spring House - Mid March. (Will relocate if successful) Been serving as a Retained Firefighter for four years now. Thanks

  7. Northy532
    Started by Northy532 * ,

    Hi, currently going through recruitment for Durham just looking to chat to anyone in similar position :-)

    • 11 replies
    • 293 views
  8. rantoine82
    Started by rantoine82 * ,

    Hi, As per my title, I am a new member to this forum and new to forums in general. I have recently applied to join the police force and would like to really pass all of the stages to become a police officer, which I so desire. Therefore, seeking any info or advice/tips that would help enable me to have the best chances of passing would be most appreciative. I have only just recent sent in my application about 7days ago and is still awaiting a result. In the mean time I have been practicing and gathering as much info as I can using the 'how2become' police officer guide book and online practice tests. I have not done any really test exams since joining the marines back in …

  9. Minett7792
    Started by Minett7792 * ,

    Hi, I'm currently applying to join the police. I have passed the first stage and waiting for a date to attend the initial assessment centre. I would very much like to be part of this forum. Thanks Minett7792

  10. Newbie2586
    Started by Newbie2586,

    Hi all, So I'm looking for a little bit of help here, is this where I have to do my introduction to become a full member and not a pending member? Thanks

  11. bs264
    Started by bs264,

    Hello All, Saying "hello" as I'm a new member. Ben

  12. Em88
    Started by Em88,

    Hi I'm a ddo in the met

  13. citizengolden123
    Started by citizengolden123 * ,

    Hello. I am new to this forum. Just joined up to day. Hoping to get some advice

  14. TW17
    Started by TW17,

    hi i am currently a serving special constable who would like to join this forum in order to request advise about an up coming assessment center i have to join as a regular officer. i wish to use this forum to gain information relevant to the job i will be undertaking as a regular officer. regards ted

  15. Slade
    Started by Slade,

    Introducing myself as a new member who passed the SEARCH in July and will be joining the MDP intake in April

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.