UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
-
-
-
- 4 replies
- 2.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I can't post the link but it's reported that the head of the CPS received £120, 000 in salary plus £88, 000 in expenses last year. Clearly they're not aware of the whole austerity situation.
-
-
- 15 replies
- 1.6k views
- 7 followers
-
-
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 935 views
- 3 followers
-
-
-
- 20 replies
- 3.4k views
- 12 followers
-
-
-
- 7 replies
- 888 views
- 4 followers
-
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-30958609 The Scottish government has shelved plans to build a modern £75m replacement for the countries only women's prison in a move to provide more 'progressive' ways of dealing with prisoners. I would imagine that most PCs would scoff at this notion including me. I see prison as a way of punishing people for indiscretions but at the same time I want to see good rehabilitation and treatment for drug, alcohol and mental health problems. If we go too far in the other direction and lose the punishment then CJS will lose credibility in the eyes of the public. Part of the CJS is prison as a way of deterring othe…
-
-