Miscellaneous Forces
391 topics in this forum
-
I have been informed that it is likely that recruiting process will commence again this year or early next year. I would think that this would initialy be open to those already in the system.
-
- 10 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Following a suggestion from ted123, we've created a dedicated forum for the CNC in the Force Specific area. Please do not post any new CNC threads in this section - the new CNC forum can be found here.
-
Hello everyone, I have my fitness and firearms assesment on the 22nd November and I am starting to get anxious. Just getting over a chest infection and have started running again and whilst I am achieving level 8 on the bleep test at home I was hoping that someone who has completed it previously could just confirm the format of the day so that I can recreate a kind of "test environment" at home prior to this to aleviate my apprehension. 1) Does the bleep test have a countdown in terms of prompts that you are coming the end of a shuttle time limit, a light that does the same or is there some form of pace keeper? 2) What does the warmup consist of and how long does it la…
-
-
- 12 replies
- 1.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
A Ministry of Defence Police (MDP) investigation has resulted in the successful conviction of a diver who removed items from the protected military wreck HMS Duke of Albany. MDP detectives based at HM Naval Base Clyde began their inquiry after receiving a complaint from Navy Command. It followed a referral by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency that a group of divers had visited the First World War wreck and illegally removed items from the war grave. The ornate porthole illegally removed from HMS Duke of Albany - a protected military wreck [Picture: Crown Copyright/MOD 2011] The detectives used evidence posted on Facebook to help identify suspects and in September …
-
Hi, I am currently awaiting an Assessment centre date for the CNC! Just wondered who else is in the same boat? Or has anyone been offered an assessment date? it seems to drag on a bit! :-/
-
Interesting article over on MOD.UK Members of the Royal Military Police (RMP) have opened up their training camp at Longmoor to give the public an insight into the training of the Close Protection Unit (CPU). The main role of the CPU, part of the RMP, is to deliver provost support to operations across all spectrums of conflict. The CPU prides itself in providing a professional and enduring worldwide close protection capability to the Ministry of Defence and to other government departments. All personnel in the CPU are volunteers sourced from within the Armed Forces. There is an eight-week selection course, divided into two parts - six weeks of training and a two-week …
-
Hello everyone! As some of you may know I've been in the selection process for RMP for some time now! Have some good news, I passed my selection down at Pirbright yesterday with a high B grade! Next intake is August so fingers crossed! Thanks everyone who has helped me and answered some questions! You know who you are! Ozne.
-
Any serving or ex RMP Officers on here? If so, What's it like? http://www.army.mod.uk/agc/provost/13306.aspx JS
-
After discussing airport policing in another topic I just wondered if anyone had any info on this former force? any pictures? etc Thanks
-
Hi All, Does anyone out there work at or know of the Hunterston CNC site? Any comments on the area or the site itself would be much appreciated. Cheers
-
- 16 replies
- 1.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Was anyone else here today on the assessment centre?
-
- 0 replies
- 542 views
- 1 follower
-
-
The DPF have released a new film on youtune MOD POLICE: Defence of the Nation. I must say it is very good . And I also saw on the intranet that the force has stated that Cambridgeshire Constabulary have shown an interest in taking on MDP as transfrees. Great Idea to make vacancies know but I cant not get it out of my head they see it as a way fo getting a few more officers to jump ship early at no cost.
-
Hi guys due to a change in my personal circumstances I am considering switching my application to Dounreay from Heysham. I was just wondering if any serving officers working there could PM me and give me their unbiased views and opinions on living and working there. From what i've seen it looks a lovely place if not a little remote. Am planning on taking a trip up there in the next few weeks but any advice or info on housing, areas, social life etc would be greatly appreciated. Cheers peeps.
-
- 7 replies
- 978 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey People, Got my assessments (as above) next week and not sure what to expect, except for the fitness aspect. What are the briefings and fire arms bits about? Cheers
-
- 6 replies
- 811 views
- 1 follower
-
-
transfers to AFO jump over now, as suspected they can't fill the internal slots! https://www.btprecru...7A942376774F8C6 Once we have received 100 applications for each role that meet the essential criteria, we will be unable to accept any further applications. It is important for candidates to note that if these numbers are achieved prior to the closing date, this campaign will be closed early and we will be unable accept any further applications. CNC / MDP are not allowed to apply ( as per info pack )! Always said that the initial batch should be 'poached'!... closes 08/08/11
-
-
- 44 replies
- 5.8k views
- 1 follower
-