Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miscellaneous Forces

 
 
  1. Sladey700
    Started by Sladey700 * ,

    Hi all Hope someone can help, after 4 years with TVP i'm starting to get that itch and move on! I've been doing a little research on UN policing something i was keen on doing before joining, as with most things i have gone through TVP's HR and they are not willing to release me for such duties nor help with who i need to make contact with!!i appriacte i need 5 years in before deployment but im just starting to get the ball rolling, if anyone can answer the following i would appreciate the info. Which UK forces will allow UN deployments Who do you make contact with to show interest. Any info from a deployment or full move to UN policing. Many thanks Adam

    Universally_Challenged
  2. AShropshireLad
    Started by AShropshireLad * ,

    Hello I have a few questions about the MOD Police and I see that you are a serving Officer rather than a trainee, so I hoped you'd be able to answer them for me. Here goes ; 1. I know that after training you're likely to spend your probation at Aldermaston, but I wondered what happens after that. Do you get to choose where you want to go or are you simply posted somewhere ? 2. Can you stay in a particular geographical area or are you expected to move around ? 3. Realistically what are the opportunities for specialisation ? Is it dead mans shoes/face fits, like the HO forces or can you realistically expect to get a post like dog handler etc without having to get 15 …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    AShropshireLad *
  3. WillP
    Started by WillP,

    Hi everyone, I have been reading around the site with regards to the MDP and have only just finished filling out my form. With that done, I have a few questions: 1) Have they started recruiting again? (I ask this as I found out about applying from a careers website which had a link to an MDP website). 2)The wording for the eye test is a little confusing on the site. The optician says that I meet the requirements with my contact lenses/ glasses (I can read all of the letters on the bottom line)and also have 6/36 unaided (I think that's being able to read the 2nd line down)....does this meet the sighting requirements? 3) A little bit ahead of myself on this question, but…

  4. centurion311546620536
    Started by centurion311546620536,

    Hello all I was wondering if any officers or staff could help with a query. If all goes well with vetting I will be starting with the CNC in January 2010 training course. Please does anybody know of accomodations available for officers in the following locations. Sellafield and Chaplecross ....in the Town of Annan Scotland. I will be based in both of these locations and I was wondering if there are any officers house sharing or is there special cheap accomodation for officers once your training is complete? ie cheap B&B's or caravans to rent. What are other officers doing? Does anybody know of a person who accepts a lodger or rents rooms? Please could somebody …

    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. Wardlow
    Started by Wardlow,

    Is the CNC a real police force as i have herd it is not and that you are only a special Constable and not a An PC, just wondered if anyone new more on the topic?!

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 11.3k views
    communication_is_key *
  6. ARV82
    Started by ARV82,

    Hey Guys, I am still really new to the forum so would just like to say hello! A bit about my self. I am 20 and currently working as a PCSO, however before this I served some time as a Special Constable while working in a Police CCTV Control room. Before that I was in security. Recently I have just passed my assessment centre to join the regulars with an Home Office Force. I have just started looking in to the CNC and it looks very interesting. I have contacted them about transferring applications and they stated they would accept mine. I am just a bit torn now as to transfer or not? Anyone got any advice? Thanks,

    communication_is_key *
  7. NCOOPER21
    Started by NCOOPER21,

    Hi I am thinking of applying to MOD Police, Does anyone know if its possible to be stationed in London after training ? or are you put somewhere specifc

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. TilerCop
    Started by TilerCop,

    Hi Forum- I am new to the site, and as yet NOT a bobby... I am a self employed tiler. I recently (well, nearly 2 years now) moved from Yorkshire to North Devon with my wife who is a PC. She transferred down from GMP to Devon & Cornwall and loves it. I have always wanted to join the Police, but have never seemed to have the opportunity, whether through not hearing about recruitment till its too late, or not knowing enough about what was required. I recently applied to Avon & Somerset and scored well enough to be able to transfer my application to the CNC. I had read a lot about the CNC and it really appeals to me, more so than a HO force. I've submitted my appl…

    • 13 replies
    • 2.8k views
  9. TLR1546081058
    Started by TLR1546081058,

    Just heard that there is a new recruitment website, still in its infancy so keep an eye out for developments. At least they are stating they are not recruiting at the moment on it. www.mod.police.uk

    • 0 replies
    • 929 views
  10. kevgreen36
    Started by kevgreen36 * ,

    Hi, I am thinking of applying to the MOD police. I was in the RAF for over 25 years. I have a few questions to ask members of the MOD police. ! Do you think that at 47 I am getting too old to apply. Is the medical very thorough,the reason that I ask is that although I am very fit, my hearing was not 100% when I left the RAF. Also is there someone who could offer me advice on filling out the application forms Thankyou and any advise that you could give would be greatly appreciated.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  11. Jordo
    Started by Jordo * ,

    Hello all, I am new to the forum, but would like to know some more information about joining. I have filled out the application form, which I got off the website pdf file, and am planning of submitting it by the end of this month. Do you know when the intakes are? is it like Jan or July or something ?? When do you start getting paid, and whats the starting wage? I am also looking to specialise in the Marine unit, as I have extensive marine qualifications, well beyond the required and live in Portsmouth. Can you help Jordo

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. kristian1546620519
    Started by kristian1546620519 * ,

    Hi all, Are the MOD police training and qualifications the same as the standard HO force's. If I apply at the MOD am I affecting my chances of joining other forces later on in life? Thanks Kristian

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
    TLR1546081058
  13. barras99
    Started by barras99,

    Im an HO Officer planning on moving to either of the above organisations. I've done my homework re actual duties performed, am aware of the sites that are available and what is expected of me. Im Ospre qualified and promotion is a big factor. If I'm to go ahead with the big change then I want to be sure as possible I'm stepping in the right direction. Does anyone have any sensible opinions they would like to share? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. Altair
    Started by Altair,

    Welcome to the Miscellaneous Forces chat thread.

    • 15 replies
    • 2.3k views
  15. Sidious
    Started by Sidious +,

    Click Here to go to the British Association of Women in Policing website Click Here to go to the Christian Police Association website Click Here to go to the Jewish Police Association website Click Here to go to the Gay Police Association website Click Here to go to the National Black Police Association website Click Here to go to the British Section of the International Police Association website Click Here to go to the National Association of Retired Police Officers website Click Here to go to the Police Dependants Trust website Click Here to go to the UK Care of Police Survivors website Click Here to go to the Police Federation of England and Wales website Cl…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 7.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.