Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miscellaneous Forces

 
 
  1. Heff
    Started by Heff,

    Hi everyone new here and thinking of joining the RMP just got a few questions. Heard a few people say that they carry weapons but some say they dont could someone clarify? Is it only when abroad? or when on base? or what? Why do RMP's have to carry their warrant cards at all times? In what circumstances would they need to present their warrant card other than when on duty? Are they like police man they are always basically on duty? as in they still have their powers when off duty? What are the different types of units i no you have SIB equiv to CID, CP, GPD is their a dog unit etc? The army website doesnt seem to hold this information? I read somewhere RMP's police …

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 3.1k views
  2. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    http://www.portland-port.co.uk/about_the_port/vacancies.htm Serving or recently retired officers only

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
    support1546080886
  3. bettsaj
    Started by bettsaj * ,

    I'm in the middle of applying to join the MODP, however I have a question that I need answered. I understand that if I'm successfull in my application after the 14 weeks of shear bliss at Weathersfield I would more than likely be deplyed at AWE Aldermasten... How does that sit with me living in romford Essex.... Am i expected to comute everyday, or would I be expected to lodge in Reading. What are the forces expectations if you live far away from your base?

    • 17 replies
    • 2.9k views
  4. Starsky09
    Started by Starsky09,

    http://www.liverpoolparkspolice.co.uk/ Web site about liverpool parks police and other non home office forces in the city from the past - my dad has been busy now he has retired!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  5. youngscot
    Started by youngscot,

    Job Title:Police Constable Location:Liverpool Salary:£22,000 – £31,692 Start Date:T.B.A. "The Port of Liverpool Police is a properly constituted force with identical legislative powers of those of any other Police Force, plus the special powers granted through the Port of Liverpool Police's By-Laws" We are seeking to recruit individuals who are currently successful in passing the Home Office approved assessment centre but due to budget constraints are unable to gain employment at their selected force. If you are one of those individuals and are able to start in mid October 2010, in the first instance can you forward an expression of interest and CV via the link b…

    • 32 replies
    • 7.7k views
  6. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    Great pic :D HMS Ark Royal returns to her home port of Portsmouth for the final time. Escorted by the Ministry of Defence Police Launch to which Im sure looks like Sir Geoffrey Rackham. Picture: LA(Phot) Arron Hoare, Crown Copyright/MOD 2010

    • 4 replies
    • 2.9k views
  7. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    Hi there, i was just wondering if anyone had any pictures of any aspect of the RAF Police, e.g. Uniform, kit, vehicle, Dog unit? Thanks, Nick

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 4.1k views
  8. SheriffoftheEast
    Started by SheriffoftheEast,

    A random one... Epping Forest Keepers who are sworn in as constables do they have or use any PPE... like stab vest, batons, cuffs? Ta

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  9. Skeptocynic
    Started by Skeptocynic,

    Hello, As anybody else applied and been put through to the assessment centre for PoF Police? I just booked my date. Rob

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. jfromnorfolk
    Started by jfromnorfolk,

    Hello all. I understand that the MOD are not currently recruiting at present. I just wondered what the process is regards transferring from Home office to MOD? Also if anyone has made this move, how the two types of roles differ, and if you found it to be a good move etc? Cheers J

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    Tony Hayes1546620444
  11. angellboy64
    Started by angellboy64,

    Hi, anyone that may be able to help ,me or is in the same situation as me. I attended the MDP recruitment process early last year and passed everything (assessment centre, Fitness and Medical). I was proviosionally given the date of starting this January 2010 (Now). however in September I got a follow up letter saying that it was no longer going ahead and that it was under review, and will be decided in Feb/March with wether a)if they are going to recruit and b)if not yet, how long my assessment scores will last. I appreciate that we are in a recession and that cuts need to be made, especially in the countries security defenses (sarcasm). Is anyone else in this situa…

  12. gent13

    Would be interesting to hear from those of you who out there, if there are, who have transferred their A/C marks from the MOD to another force? I've still got an application with the MOD, however upon receiving news of their freeze some time back, I sought to apply with another force, with the permission of MOD HR. That other force which I expressed an interest with, has now told me to make a decision, if I wish to proceed further with them, I'd have to relinquish my application with the MOD. What the hell should I do??? whatever I do it's a gamble.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. dougal12
    Started by dougal12,

    It's official, MDP have made the decision to bin our applications. Have just spoken to HR.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. barrymills
    Started by barrymills * ,

    Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out with this, has the MOD got a 2 year probation timetable like Strathclyde police and other police forces have? Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 2.4k views
  15. trifella
    Started by trifella,

    Hi all, Ive just heard from someone on another forum that the April new officer course has been canceled due to lack of open positions on site. Anyone heard anything, or know of anything else they can elaborate on this?? Ta Applied - Feb 2009 Passed Ryton April 2009 Passed Medical August 2009 Passed Fitness & Firearms November 2009 Vetting sent Awaiting Offer.....

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.