Sussex Police
167 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, I am currently a serving special in the MET, but moving out of London in the near future for personal reasons. Anyone know if a transfer is possible and what would be involved, very keen to understand if driving qualifications etc will be transferred. If would appreciate any input or the name of a sergeant I could speak too. Thanks, J
-
Hi guy's Just wanted to know what the makes and model of you taser vests are that the firearms unit uses down your way?? many thanks
-
:D Hello! I just wondered if anyone who has already completed the Specials Training Course would reccomend any books to read before it starts or during the course? I have read the very good posts on here about the course but I just wondered if anyone else had any thoughts? Also if anyone on the January training course wants to say hi feel free Thank You
-
Hi All, A few months back I was appointed the DLO (District/Divisional Liaison Officer) of Brighton & Hove Special Constabulary I would just like to introduce myself on here and for those joining Sussex Police, a brief description of my role as the DLO Firstly though; My Name is Michael Thorn, but everyone (and I mean pretty much everyone) calls me Alan! Confused? Not half as much as I am! I am a Special Constable, I joined in 2009 and went through the initial training at Slaugham Manor, went on to Brighton PDU and found myself at NPT in John Street Police Station in central Brighton. My role as DLO is not an authoritative one, Im just just like yourself except t…
-
Hi, I do my shifts out of Chatsworth Road in Worthing and would like to get in touch with other specials who work out of this station. Would be great if you could get in touch here, looking to set up some kind of way of coordinating my shifts with others, or even just to chat to each other about things. I KNOW you all exist, I know you do, its just when im on shift I very very rarely see another special. Would be good to hear from you! GC
-
Hello, I did post this at the top in the new joiner questions at the beginning of the month but it doesn't seem to have be noticed so apologies for reposting here... As someone new to the Sussex area with an interest in joining (and a former SC with another service) could you confirm what the DLO role is? Are they regulars or police staff, what areas do they cover? Am I to therefore understand that in Sussex there is no specials supervision in existence? Is there a chief specials officer? Therefore are there no specials only operations in place? What are the training opportunities that are available to a special after training? Finally who, typically, is your line…
-
When I joined we were given a break down of the 5 competencies we would be questioned on during interview. I am not sure if that sheet is still provided but I have found this website which may be of use to others. http://www.teammet.com/competencies/icf.php It does not give examples but merely points out positive indicators and negative indicators, it also has a section with further reading titles. I hope its of some use to some people seeing as recruitment has opened up again.
-
Good Afternoon All, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get hold of some Sussex Police tie pins? I am coming to the end of my training and I wanted to buy them for a few friends that I’ve made on the course. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
-
Well yes Christmas is getting close but this post is actually about the January training course...I know there are some very good posts already about the course (including elloelloellos post which I am going to start reading) but I just wondered if any one else reading this had any tips/do's/don'ts that they learnt and wouldnt mind sharing...if not thank you for reading the post anyway!! Also looking forward to meeting everyone who has mentioned here that they will be there
-
Hey is anyone going to this course tomorrow? Im pretty sure it's at Worthing could someone confirm if they know? Oh and hey btw been a long time
-
Street Robberies (See full story below at the end) This is just an idea but I thought this type of situation would be lend itself to having a small group of Specials able to help out with specific policing needs whilst unrestricted by geographical location. I think that Sussex Police misses a trick sometimes when they could flood an area with FREE resources with one specific goal ie catching someone committing street robberies. I am sure that there are enough Specials with IP, skills and time that would be able (and very willing) to help out in these circumstances and keen to get a positive result, if not only by a show of extra resources to the public. There seem t…
-
Just a quick question....do Special's in Sussex Police recieve Free Travel on trains, buses ect? like MET Officers/Special
-
Hi All, I've heard that Sussex may be ditching the Focus for Response and General use, if this is true can anyone shed any light on what they will be replaced by? For any one that is interested the reason for the possible change is the new Police Spec Focus is getting a bigger engine than the current so it would muck the permits right up! Also does anyone know about new vehicles the force have got or are getting? Thanks! -RPM-
-
Ever since moving onto section I have been trying to get a place on an NSPIS course, I have applied for it through my PDR and had it approved by line managers etc. At the start of last month I was emailed from one of the L&D people saying it had been passed up to his skipper to see if it was possible for me to go on this course. I let a couple of weeks go past but had not heard anything so at the tail end of last month I emailed the skipper as I had been cc into the original email and had his address. I was not expecting a reply straight away as he was on AL but 2 weeks down the line I have still not heard anything. Has anyone got NSPIS access and if so was it this h…
-
Does anyone know if specials get mileage or fuel paid for attending training? If so does anyone know the rate?