Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sussex Police

 
 
  1. jayhoop82
    Started by jayhoop82 +,

    Just over a year ago since I attended my interview to become a Special with Sussex Police. It's been a fantastic life experience, and although I am still very new to the job, I've really had my eyes opened since attesting in August. I've seen sons taking a knife to their mother over Internet access, I've been kicked, I've been "racially abused", I've been moaned at for harassing an elderly driver, who was driving the wrong way up a one way. I have nothing but respect for our police. I continue to learn, and feel more determined than ever to be as helpful to the regulars as I possibly can be. Absolutely love the job! Jay

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 506 views
  2. jayhoop82
  3. Scott
    Started by Scott +,
    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. elloelloello

    Firstly, thank you to the people that have sent me some kind comments about my 'Coming out of the blue' post. The comments I received were really about the apprehension of what training was going to be like…. So here's my guide on surviving training weekends (sounds so dramatic doesn't it? Let me assure you, it really isn't!). I should point out that the following ramblings are just my own personal opinions formed by my own experiences from the time I spent at Slougham (Sussex Police Training and Conference Centre) and are meant as just a rough guide for those of you that will be attending training there and what you can possibly expect… or are just curious as to what m…

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 15.1k views
  5. jack081
    Started by jack081,

    Hi Guys, I'm new on this forum so go easy.. :new_wave: Had my interview today at Lewes HQ. Hopefully i pass Anyone else attended interviews this week?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. David
    Started by David +,
  7. PleaseCloseMyAccount
    Started by PleaseCloseMyAccount,

    Does anyone know of when the next Attestation dates will be? I'm rejoining and this will be my 4th Attestation - not that I'm collecting them. Hoping it will be before December.

    • 0 replies
    • 773 views
    PleaseCloseMyAccount
  8. Going_Coastal
    Started by Going_Coastal,

    Hi All, I am helping out tomorrow with specials tomorrow at HQ. ESIBS is down and I have not been able to check what time we are needed. Can anyone assist with info, either tutors or any of you lovely new specials, what time are you all turning up? Kind Regards Paul

    • 2 replies
    • 832 views
  9. wshtHCA
    Started by wshtHCA,

    I get exteremly nervous about interviews and I am useless at coming up with examples. I have a specials interview for Sussex soon and they use competencies based on the sussex police values so slightly different to the ones mentioned in the college policing information. I'm not sure what kind of examples I should be thinking of:( I would really appreciate any help given. sussex_police_values.pdf

    • 5 replies
    • 426 views
  10. speed1991
    Started by speed1991,

    Hi guys and gals is there anyone on here starting the special constable course in October 2014? And also if anyone has done the training what is to expect thanks for help in advanced!!!

    • 0 replies
    • 766 views
  11. jack081
    Started by jack081,

    Hi guys, Starting training in sept. I have put down Brighton and Haywards Heath for my PDU once finished training. Has anyone got any info on what the areas are like and what they task specials to do in either areas and what's is Thanks

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. PsychoticDust
    Started by PsychoticDust,

    Hello folks, I'm new here (I'm a member of staff on another forum that uses IP Board, so I'm very used to this forum layout, just not the lack of a shoutbox and staff/mod powers! ) and I am currently applying to be a Special. I have only just completed the Special Constable behavioural styles questionnaire and though I doubt I shall be lucky enough to pass, I would like to plan ahead just in case. I am mixed race, the short version of it is that I am black, white and asian (very mixed, I know) and physically I look like I'm black and indian (even though there is much more to me than that ethnically speaking!). I am however, very english, well spoken and always have been …

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1k views
  13. HampshireSaint
    Started by HampshireSaint,

    If anyone is interested. You don't need PLC or CKP but need an A Level or be IP as a special or PCSO. I'm sure some on here will be interested but £19k a year? No thanks! http://www.sussex.police.uk/policing-in-sussex/work-with-us/police-officers

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 361 views
  14. Formatted
    Started by Formatted,

    PCSO recruitment is open at the moment. http://www.sussex.police.uk/policing-in-sussex/work-with-us/pcsos/

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. Jack
    Started by Jack,

    Hi guys Just wondering if the sussex specials warrant card has police officer printed on it and is the badge fixed into the wallet? As the met warrant cards badge is removable so you can change your leather holder if it gets worn. Thanks

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.