Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sussex Police

 
 
  1. Bigs
    Started by Bigs,

    Just saying hello to everyone who is one the training course at Slaugham this weekend but of course the big question is....are we going to get snowed in !! ??

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. SimonS
    Started by SimonS,

    Just wondering what the assessment results were of any that went 3 weeks ago, if there is anyone on here that went?

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
    Christopheralfie
  3. okeeg001
    Started by okeeg001,

    I thought the day would never come, I've just submitted my special constable application!!!!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. killicksparker
    Started by killicksparker,

    I doubt if there is anyone on this forum old enough to remember him, but I regret to report that my father, Ex-PS AM669 Sam Miller passed away suddenly on Sunday. He was 80 Years old. He joined Sussex police in 1962 and retired in 1992. He was a PC at Littlehampton, Worthing and Brighton, DC at Littlehampton, and then a Sgt at Hove and finally back at Littlehampton. Funeral details will be available via the Worthing NARPO branch if anyone needs them

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    Smiley Culture +
  5. Christopheralfie
    Started by Christopheralfie,

    Hi there, is there anyone here that attended the test day on Tuesday 17th 2012 . What a great day . Now it's a waiting game ref : results . Can't stop thinking about it.

    • 1 reply
    • 945 views
  6. Bigs
    Started by Bigs,

    Well its been a bit quiet in Sussex forum land so I thought I would just say Happy New Year to everyone and especially those who are starting the training course on Friday. I can't believe its so close now...the nerves/excitement are really starting to kick in (or that could be my chocolate detox)! Really looking forward to meeting everyone especially those who have replied to my posts

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. FireFrog
    Started by FireFrog,

    Hello everyone, I've just made my application. Wondering who else out there has applied?

      • Like
    • 82 replies
    • 10.6k views
    Christopheralfie
  8. Christopheralfie
    Started by Christopheralfie,

    Hi all. I have my pir test on the 17/01/12 is there anyone else here attending . Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 909 views
    Christopheralfie
  9. Bigs
    Started by Bigs,

    Yes I know we are only half way through June but I just wondered if there was anyone reading this who may be on this course (I'm sure I've seen posts where people have mentioned that they are). Just wanted to say hi just in case!

    • 50 replies
    • 6.2k views
  10. RMP1546080921
    Started by RMP1546080921,

    I think it's Sussex that are using the Chubb 1K70 Detainer handcuffs, if it's not Sussex then it's Surrey - I always confuse the two. Do the said handcuffs, pictured below, have a 'swing-through' action, i.e. you apply them to D/P wrist and the bracelet swings around?

    • 50 replies
    • 12.3k views
    bigboyblue1546080953
  11. Bigs
    Started by Bigs,

    Just wanted to wish everyone on this forum a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR! Especially to those who have been so helpful replying to my posts and all the trainees on the course starting on the 6th January 2012. See you two weeks tonight....eek!

    • 0 replies
    • 653 views
  12. James44
    Started by James44,

    Hello everyone, Just wondered if anyone on here would be able to help me; I'm an independant special constable with Hampshire Police and am relocating to the Worthing area, does anyone know how easy/hard it would be to transfer to Sussex or if it is possible at all? Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 925 views
  13. Hoodles
    Started by Hoodles,

    Anyone here planning on applying for their standard car course? Think a few emails have been sent out asking if we would like to register our interest. Must be IP etc, be able to take the full 4 weeks off and will have it revoked if our hours drop below 4 a week... Have to say I am very tempted.... There are only a few places though so I assume competition will be fairly hot...

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
    idontbelieveit!!
  14. Bigs
    Started by Bigs,

    HELP NEEDED (before I cause serious damage to my PC)!! I have been given the pre-reads CD for my training course when I went to visit the PDU but this afternoon I am either having major problems with my PC or it is me (which is probably more likely)! Could somebody just let me know if it is visual as well as audio? Should I be able to play it on a normal CD player or should I be trying to play it on the PC? I have tried to play it as both a DVD and CD but it is not working at the moment. Any help you can give would be great but please bear in mind when you are replying that I am about the most un-techno orientated person in Sussex! A very big thank you!

    • 4 replies
    • 839 views
  15. Hoodles
    Started by Hoodles,

    Found this in another thread and thought it might be a good read for those who are still finding their airwave confidence. http://www.npia.police.uk/en/docs/File_F_AirwaveSpeak_Training_National_User_Guide.pdf

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.