Hertfordshire Constabulary
199 topics in this forum
-
Hello Everyone, Thought I'd sign up as I am due to start my Specials Training mid May! Nothing like doing some research beforehand!! Had a quick browse already and looks like there is some good info! So... Some more bout me?!? My name's Dave, I'm 28.. I have a few interests which include Photography and (here comes the geeky bit....) Cars, especially Turbo Diesel Tuning (More on that later!)... I work at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage, and I am in charge of all the Guys and Girls behind the scenes that push scenery around, Play with the Lighting and make noise doing Sound! Look forward to chatting to you all, and learning from you too! Dave
-
Hi, Interested in knowing a bit more about Hertfordshire Police and how they deploy and treat their specials, such as how involved in operational policing they are allowed to get, chances for devleopment? etc. Also my questions relate to any one that has/is going through the transfer process or knows anyone that has and can offer any insight into this. I'm currently a SC in another force and due to some changes in circumstance, would be considering moving to Herts hence the questions. J
-
So who's coming along on Wednesday 7th March to welcome us lot in?! (& raid the buffet ;-) )
-
All, Just trying to see if anyone on here is on the 3rd March Intake at Six Hills on 3rd March 2012........... Passed Medical. Passed Fitness Test. Vetting - awaiting final outcome. Uniform Fitting - 27th Feb 2012. Anybody else in a similar situation. Rgds Nahim
-
I am a Special with 3 years of experience in a force that borders Herts. Every time I go past the Police station on the train I notice there are loads of vehicles available. I know Stevenage relatively well and am possibly considering transferring to Herts with the intention of working out of Stevenage. Are Specials in Herts allowed to crew up with each other and go out on mobile patrol in a vehicle? My force currently allows and encourages this if a vehicle is available which is very hit-and-miss. Also, how are Specials treated in Herts? I know it's hard to generalise etc but on the whole are the regulars supportive and willing to help Specials?
-
Hi guys and gals, Thought I should pipe up and say hi. I'm only at the very early stages, passed the online application and have been invited to the assessment day in March. I applied for the rural special role, so fingers crossed I come up trumps on the assessment day. A bit about me; I was born in sunny Watford but have been living in Hitchin for the last 5 years. I'm 30 and 'into' paragliding, climbing and all types of shooting. I'm a DofE assessor, Scout leader and Rotarian. An all round good egg trying to get a gold ticket for the man upstairs I have been lurking on the site for a while so know it's a wealth of information... Cheers and any advice gratefully re…
-
Hi, Just crossing into here to say thanks to whichever Herts officer helped me push a Mini off the A1 at Stirling corner lane 3 of 4 yesterday! Laters
-
I'm thinking of transfering to Herts and had a look at the website where it describes travel concessions on First Capital Connect trains between Bedford/Luton and London. This would be quite useful to me and wondered if any Herts officers can give me some more details. Is it a free concession on this line, a discount, membership card or another form of concession? Any advice much appreciated
-
Just an appeal for thoughts really. Recently I have been struggling with the weight on my shoulders (actual weight, not metaphorical) from my Stab Vest & Tac Vest. I have been told its probably because my stab vest or tac vest aren't fitted 'properly' but I have taken it to the SPT trainers and had it re-fitted 'properly' but it hasn't helped. A couple of weeks ago I went out with one of the response Sgt's who wears a tac vest but with his baton and cuffs on a belt. The subject of my shoulder problem came up and he said that he had the same. He dealt with this by removing the baton (which is, as you know, pretty damn weighty) and cuffs and putting them on the belt…
-
-
Hi All, I've been lurking on the site for some time. I have to say it has made for some amazing reading and a great insight into what you guys do. If anything its really accelerated my desire to move on with my SC application. So here is the deal and I would really appreciate your full, frank and honest answers. I have my application ready to press send on, and over the past month I've become convinced it's something I want to progress. I will be applying as a rural SC, hopefully I will be accepted but I could really do with some answers to the following questions: 1) Is there any animosity towards SC's within the Herts Force? I intend to give it 100% and abso…
-
This is for anyone who has not seen on the intranet or who is thinking of applying and wonders what we get up to. Enjoy!
-
-
-
So my group and I along with another group of people who did the 3week intensive course shall be attesting tomorrow evening... who else is attesting tomorrow and also who will be making an appearance from here? would be nice to put a face to the avatar lol