Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hertfordshire Constabulary

 
 
  1. SCAlex
    Started by SCAlex,

    Does anyone have the latest on the recruitment freeze and when it may thaw? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Link Note that last sentence too, there is more bad news coming...

    • 17 replies
    • 2.7k views
  3. darthcheese
    Started by darthcheese,

    Title sort of says it all, but is anyone else starting their training on Jan the 8th, or is it just me?

    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. SSgt5259
    Started by SSgt5259,

    just wanted get others veiws on MG11's. How do you find them? and do you get better experience the more you do?

    • 5 replies
    • 3.3k views
  5. SSgt5259
    Started by SSgt5259,

    if your a serving special and eventually whe they start recruiting for regs. Can you still be a special during your training as a PC

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  6. JB123
    Started by JB123,

    Evening all, Ive got my assessment day on 15th January and I'm starting to get excited at the prospect of hopefully passing and getting my training started! However I currently work most weekends and after speaking to my boss it seems unlikely that my rota will be able to change regardless of my situation. Does anybody know what the training dates are for next year and if it is most weekends? I wouldn't like to pass the assessment and waste the recruiters time if I cant make the training dates. Thanks in advance for any help!

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. Chris88
    Started by Chris88,

    Hi all! Just Wanted to post and say congrats to everyone who passed assessment on Saturday. I managed to Fail, one point away (AGAIN!) truly gutting to be so close but so far.... I will no doubt try again in 6 months. Look after yourselves! Chris.

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  8. Chris88
    Started by Chris88,

    Hello everyone, Hope your all ok and looking after yourselves? You may not remember me but I had my Assessment back in May and managed to fail however: 6 months on (to the day!) I submitted application number two and been given assessment date for 15/10/11 @ 14:30 (YIPEEEEEEE) I'm determined to mess up this second chance - any advice would be gratefully received Anyone else given that date? Much love to y'all, Chris

    • 38 replies
    • 2.6k views
  9. Ash89rr
    Started by Ash89rr,

    Hi all, On the Cambs and BTP competency questions that I have previously written answers too there is a clear word count limit. However looking at the Herts online application I cannot see a word count limit for the competency questions. Is this correct or am I missing something? Many thanks, Ash

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. policeblues
    Started by policeblues,

    I've just completed my application (at last lol) and the only section still incomplete is the References section. Obviously as you will all know; one of the two references has to be your current employer or a teacher etc, and the second must be any personal reference. Now if I was going to use my employer as #1, could I use a friend from work as #2, or does it HAVE to be someone disassociated with my workplace? Thanks : ) x

    • 3 replies
    • 991 views
  11. Chris88
    Started by Chris88,

    Hi all!! Hope you all had a great Christmas & New year etc!?!?!?! I have my Assessment on Saturday and I've been thinking if I do pass, how does the training work out? I have heard that its weekends where as others say it's a solid block? Or do you have a choice? One other thing, do they cover expenses? I live in Harlow, Essex and getting a train to Welwyn or Six Hills regularly for training etc is going to kill me in ticket prices: / Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
    SC Ben1546081185
  12. Grizzlyadams
    Started by Grizzlyadams,

    Hi guys and girls Sent away my online application before Christmas and have received, a few days later, an email saying that I have been invited to the assessment day on the 26th Feb 2011. Anyone else starting on this day? Also does anyone know of a website, books or information for the first day especially for the interview, that will help me prepare? I think the interview is the only part I feel nervous about, now I know that they are not trick questions but it seems I am nervous to answer questions like that on the spot, it's as if my brain forgets everything! haha Thanks alot Adam

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2.2k views
  13. SC Ben1546081185
    Started by SC Ben1546081185,

    Just been reading Hillman's thread on the application/training process to be a Special within Hertfordshire and noticed two things: Observational Shift Comm’s Room Observation Shift Neither of these have been mentioned to our training group/ourselves. I have an observational shift that I've booked (ride along) next week but it's not the same as meeting people at your station etc. Should this have happened by now? I'm due to be attested 2nd February if it matters...

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
    SC Ben1546081185
  14. reeksi
    Started by reeksi,

    Does anyone use this gym? Im tempted to cancel my gym subscription and start using this one if its free to use for us? Dont suppose anyone knows the openingn times as well and how good it is? Cheers in advance

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. Linky
    Started by Linky,

    Hey Peeps Some of you have said you'd be interested in christmas drinkies! If you are up for it answer the poll and I'll see if we can get something organised. Open to all Linky x

    • 30 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.