Hertfordshire Constabulary
199 topics in this forum
-
Saw a few Kent in Tottenham a few mornings/nights/days (its all a blur) ago - then a whole raft of counties on the op order the previous tour around London as a whole, but I've yet to see any Herts. Anyone know if they are supplying any troops and if not - why?
-
Hey Everyone, I passed my legal training today. I have my OST over the next few months and then I will be assigned to St Albans. If your from St Albans or have worked there, It would be nice to hear from you! Thanks, Anthony
-
Link Edit: Formatting removed, apologies for that!
-
Not really special related but just thought it's our area so I will post it. 2 June 2011 Last updated at 12:17 Bomb alert at Watford bank - town centre cordoned off A man believed to have a bomb strapped to his leg is staging a stand-off at a bank in Hertfordshire. Police were called to the Co-op Bank in Market Street in the centre of Watford earlier after reports a man had entered the branch and was threatening staff. He said he would set off the bomb and made demands, police said. Officers have cordoned off a large area of the centre of the town and redirected traffic away from the scene, a police spokeswoman said. "Specialist teams from Hertfordshire Constabul…
-
I wanted to hear from specials who work in areas in Herts that im considering of being asked to be posted. If people can give me the pros and cons of being a special in either: -St Albans, -Hatfield, or -Watford. Would help me out a great deal. BTW I don't drive so parking isn't a problem as buses don't tend to use car parks lol. CHEERS
-
I've made a new and more in depth version of this poll (thanks to Legendtd's advice ). And hopefully the old one will get deleted in due course. So...once again... Where abouts are you serving/looking to start serving?
-
Topic. Just wondering now that Mr Whitley has left and Mr Bliss is soon to take over, will we all be getting new warrant cards as they still show Frank Whitley as the Chief Constable and also his signiature. Does this make them invalid? Do we think these will be issued out as course or just replaced when we replace them through loss or wear and tear. Also, Essex have vertical warrant cards - I wonder if that is something Mr Bliss will bring with him.
-
-
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there's anyone else waiting for an acceptance letter inviting you to the next phase of proceedings to become a PCSO at Hertfordshire? I signed in the other day and saw I'd been shortlisted (VERY happy!). I'm guessing all these short weeks due to Bank Holidays mean it'll be another few days until more details are sent out. Anyone else in my position? Regards.
-
If you work/live in borehamwood a bit of news has appeared.... Woods bar has closed down due to "a legal loophole" in their words. something to do with the council apparently. This is police worthy seeing how there is normally police present there almost every weekend to deal with anti social behaviour of some kind.
-
Hello all, this question is just personal curiosity. Do Hertfordshire officers get issued with a flat cap and a custodian, or just a flat cap? The reason I ask is I have only ever seen them wearing flat caps. Thanks, Ash
-
any guys or gals on this site who work around, berkhamstead, tring, hemel hempstead areas?
-
- 25 replies
- 4.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi all, I am new to the forum and will be starting my training on 26th March . I have seen loads of post's on here about uniform, whats issued and whats not issued etc. but not seen anything in regards to a kit bag. Does anyone know if we are issued with a kit bag as from what I understand we have to take our uniform home with us? Thanks in advance CHUCKIE
-
Hi guys, I've looked around the forum about the Medical Assessment and have come across all sorts of different answers to this question. I have my Medical Assessment on the 31st March and was told that it involves a Lung Capacity Test, Urine Test etc etc.... I was also told that it involves an Eyesight Test. Am I to be tested again as I was already tested for this at my opticians? Or do they just look over the notes that the opticians made? My eyes aren't great and this is the area that I'm most anxious about. So your help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Crofty
-
with regards to going into full time paid employment (when they eventually decide to recruit again) i was wondering a few things: 1- does your warrant card and collar number stay the same? 2- do you just use your specials uniform? 3- is it worth waiting for IPS whilst a special before applying for regs. if so whats the difference? 4- if you applied to be a reg and you didnt have IPS would that affect anything in your job in the regs? cheers people.