Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hertfordshire Constabulary

 
 
  1. ballerinabarbie
    Started by ballerinabarbie,

    :new_cry: Hey guys & girls For those of you who followed my thread of starting training soon, I am afraid i dont think it will happen right now, most definitely not on that date anyway, as i failed my fit test this morning. I am extremely upset to be honest as i train so hard in the gym every day doing a mix of Insanity, HIT, Grit, body pump and also free weights, ab stuff and CV work. I have been training so hard for the last 9 months for this and also after being on hold for 3 years due to broken bones and surgery I was so excited to be finally given a course date and thought the fit test would be no problem. I was actually more concerned with the bleep part due …

      • Like
    • 48 replies
    • 4k views
  2. RobE92
    Started by RobE92,

    Who should I contact regarding the fact that whoever deals with applications appears to be almost entirely useless. I've had my application in for nearly a year and I've not had so much as an interview. This is despite multiple confirmations that they have received it but "not in time for the current intake" Should I reapply and assume the original is basically lost in the void?

    • 4 replies
    • 957 views
  3. NavyIce
    Started by NavyIce,

    ... straight from PTTA 2013 event in Portsmouth :whOOt: P.S. I can see waddle driving it...

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  4. Hero_6131546082365
    Started by Hero_6131546082365,

    Hey all, thought this was the most appropriate place to post about this topic. I've recently considered joining the volunteer police cadets based in Watford, more specifically at Francis Combe School; my parents already phoned and I'm waiting for a reply as no one was there to answer and she left a voicemail. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the activities actually consist of there? the meetings are fortnightly and cost £2 a pop, but i've seen other cadets doing parades with met cadets, but it seems that some cadet detachments are more hardcore as to say than others. One example of this being the fact that Dacorum VPC require cadets to fill out an application …

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Hero_6131546082365
  5. f40spider
    Started by f40spider,

    Hi everyone, I recently applied to Herts Constabulary for the role of PCSO, I got an e-mail back today saying that I have been invited to stevenage for an assessment to include a Verbal Logical Reasoning Test, a Numerical Reasoning Test, a Verbal Usage Test and a Checking Test. I practised the PIRT they sent me in the e-mail, was quite easy I think. So just wondering has anyone been or going to this next week, if you have should I be nervous, what should I expect. Assuming if I am successful at this stage I will be asked for an interview. Any adivce, comment and tips are appreciated. :new_thanks:

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 3.6k views
  6. SCDM
    Started by SCDM,

    Well done to everyone. Nice to see a Special Constable recognised too. http://www.herts.police.uk/hertfordshire_constabulary/latest_news/news_articles/120913_-_0668.aspx OFFICERS, STAFF AND MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AWARDED FOR THEIR HARD WORK AND BRAVERY 9/12/2013 An awards ceremony was held at Police Headquarters in Welwyn Garden City on Wednesday, September 4, to celebrate long service, commitment and acts of bravery. The awards were presented by Guest of Honour Mr Steve Bradford, Governor HMP The Mount. The first awards were presented to officers for 20 years’ service. Detective Constable Lorraine Harrington, who is based at police Headquarters in Welwyn Garde…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  7. Goughy
    Started by Goughy,

    Hello everyone, new to the forum and so far I love it! I attended my assessment centre last month and smashed the interview and reasoning tests. I got 'outstanding' in every topic within the interview, and got 30/31 in the reasoning. But where I let myself down was the written test! I only got 3! I no you need 6 to pass! I was so gutted that I missed out! Can anyone offer any tips??? Cheers!

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 2.2k views
  8. Paradox
    Started by Paradox +,

    Here is another of those 'tidying up' topics. This one is for discussing everything and anything to do with the uniform and equipment for Hertfordshire Constabulary. This includes things such as kit recommendations, what we are issued with etc. Once again any posts relating to this subject found posted elsewhere will be merged into this topic.

      • Like
    • 196 replies
    • 19.2k views
  9. BiffaBoy
    Started by BiffaBoy,

    Hi Does anyone know if the Gym at HQ is still available for use to SC's and is it open anytime? Also do they have much equipment, haven’t seen it since 2011. Thanks

    • 20 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. ballerinabarbie
    Started by ballerinabarbie,

    Hey everyone! I just wanted to say a quick hello!! Been on hold for ages and now just got my training date through finally! Anyone else?

      • Like
    • 75 replies
    • 3.5k views
  11. BiffaBoy
    Started by BiffaBoy,

    Hi All Anyone on the 8th Sept week training course? :new_yummy:

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 688 views
  12. PoliceCadet0154
    Started by PoliceCadet0154,

    As the title says. My asthma is not bad and I have never had to use my blue inhaler.

    • 24 replies
    • 1k views
  13. Jd11546081389
    Started by Jd11546081389,

    Evening all, I'm a new special and was informed by my sergent that i could only claim a maixmum of 20 miles round trip from home to the station, is this correct? As from the hertfordshire border to the station i'm based at is rougly 38 miles. Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. Goughy
    Started by Goughy,

    Hello everyone, new to the forum and so far I love it! I attended my assessment centre last month and smashed the interview and reasoning tests. I got 'outstanding' in every topic within the interview, and got 30/31 in the reasoning. But where I let myself down was the written test! I only got 3! I know you need 6 to pass! I was so gutted that I missed out! Can anyone offer any tips??? Cheers!

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  15. Goughy
    Started by Goughy,

    Hello everyone, new to the forum and so far I love it! I attended my assessment centre last month and smashed the interview and reasoning tests. I got 'outstanding' in every topic within the interview, and got 30/31 in the reasoning. But where I let myself down was the written test! I only got 3! I know you need 6 to pass! I was so gutted that I missed out! Can anyone offer any tips??? Cheers!

    • 1 reply
    • 908 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.