Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. bobbydavs
    Started by bobbydavs,

    Hi all, I am completley new to this. I attended an open evening over a month ago, to find that the system had changed for applying. As previously; you attented an open evening, then collected an application form and submitted it to recruitment. Its now changed so you apply for the application form via email and then if you get through the paper sift, you then attend an open evening. I think I may have been one of the last to do the application the old way, as I didnt recieve an application form prior to attending the open evening. I was sent the application the next day after speaking with a member of the HR team at the open evening: (vetting form / application form /…

    • 7 replies
    • 703 views
  2. Guest mayday1
    Started by Guest mayday1,

    Hi, I'm wondering if somebody could give me some information please. I have just received an assessment date but haven't even attended the information evening yet. I was hoping they are going to hand out some paperwork with all of the info on and what to expect at the assessment. In the email I received it mentioned I was going to be doing the PIRT, fitness and interview. Would someone be able to give me a heads up on what to expect as the assessment is a few days after the information evening. Also, the interview questions seem to be different than the usual competency questions or are they just worded differently thank you for any help in advance Mike

    • 9 replies
    • 3k views
  3. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Afternoon, does anyone know the amount of time you get for each of the PIRT tests. i had them noted from when i did them in may (but unfortunatly failed) but have lost them and i have forgotten. how many questions are there also for each of the 4 tests?? also, anyone got tips on how to prepare for the PIRT tests ???? Thanks Luke

    • 3 replies
    • 713 views
  4. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    Hi all I need to order a new hat.Never ordered uniform before anyone how I go about it. I think it has to be authorised now. Thanks all.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Bluewall2266
    Started by Bluewall2266,

    For some reason (I must have read somewhere) I am under the impression that if you are a special constable in Essex police, you can not join the territorial army? Although, saying that, i've read on here that many forces actually allow it! I do not currently have a job and am waiting for the right one to pop up so being able to join the TA would be a very valuable experience if it is possible! If it is the case that you can join the TA as a special, can regs also sign up? Cheers!

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 953 views
  6. J91

    Hi there, I've just registered on here after seeing the site while googling the subject question. My question as in the subject is can you apply to the regulars (if they were to start recruitment) whilst in training as a special constable? If so what would happen? Thanks in advance!

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 723 views
  7. GoneForgotten
    Started by GoneForgotten,

    Hi Essex Police Folks, As I'm sure some of you might be aware of the impending shake up over the border in the Met. The upshot of this will no doubt be people looking for alternatives outside the borders of the Met. As I'm sure you'll get asked about transfers, and I'm going to pose the same question in other bordering force areas. What are the requirements for transfer for both IPS and non IPS officers? Many of the higher skilled officers will no doubt look to bring some of their qualifications with them. Would Level 3 driving, Level 2 public order or Search be something which could be carried over? Thanks, WithoutSkill

    • 6 replies
    • 882 views
  8. karl1
    Started by karl1,

    i have recently completed my application with the specials for Essex and few days ago they got back to me via email giving me training dates starting on the 2nd of October 2012. just wondering what happens from here on do i just wait for the 2nd of october? regards karl

    • 6 replies
    • 775 views
  9. karl1
    Started by karl1,

    Hi does anyone know the password for Essex police on the forum Regards Karl

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 827 views
  10. buffalojack1
    Started by buffalojack1,

    Hello Essex comrades, I've been a Special in Norfolk for 2 years and I'll be transferring to Essex in a few months. Hoping someone can give me a bit of an insight into what Essex Police is like. In Norfolk we work really closely with the regulars and do a range of duties. Can anyone tell me what sorts of shifts a typical SC can do in the force and give any more info on equipment, integration with regulars, training etc. Many Thanks everyone.

    • 16 replies
    • 1.7k views
  11. mla
    Started by mla +,

    Dear neighbours (in the sense that I'm from the MPS, and you're next door)! You may have noticed on the General Discussion page a posting for the ps.com supported Special Constabulary Wiki. I am wondering should any of you have a spare moment whether you can contribute by populating the page for your force? The page can be found here: http://specialconstabulary.wikispot.org/Essex_Police Many thanks and look forward to reading about the specials in your force! Matt.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. Anna32

    Following the dreadful news of the shooting of an Essex police officer, you may wish to leave your thoughts and condolences in the dedicated thread in the main news area.

    • 0 replies
    • 938 views
  13. EK07
    Started by EK07,

    I have just received my vetting forms and questionnaires through the post, but no clearance of my PIRT written exam results? I'm confused because I though you cannot continue to vetting without passing... anyone help ?

    • 5 replies
    • 973 views
  14. Sc Diceman
    Started by Sc Diceman,

    Can somebody PM me an answer the the problem above. cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
    SPECIAL AGENT
  15. liam1216
    Started by liam1216,

    Hi, new to the site, passed my pirt, fitness test and medical all before december and unfortunately due to the course type got to wait till end of June for the alternate weekend course. Just wondering if anyone else is down to do this course?

    • 16 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.