Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. Jamie1985
    Started by Jamie1985,

    Just a quick question, how long is Essex Regulars training?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 805 views
  2. Special Steve1546080998
    Started by Special Steve1546080998 +,

    This is an open forum - so no operational info, please. How are you guys getting on with reform (or re-reform if you've been affected by that). From an OSG point of view I have to say that it's been very good lately with good integraion and some very good opportunities to work in new and interesting places. There have been problems along the way but these seem to have been ironed out in the main. I'd be interested to hear how people in NCT and R&P are getting along? Steve

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 871 views
  3. JamesD_UK
    Started by JamesD_UK +,

    Hi everyone, I have recently received my final offer letter and will be commencing training in April. Just a quick question that I was wondering if any current special could answer as HR seem to be a bit inundated so haven't yet got back to me, whilst they were not sure of the answer when I asked. On the initial guide for specials, it states that in order to be eligible to claim mileage expenses, you must have business (class one) insurance for your vehicle. Is this correct? If so, I will have a chat with my insurance company as my age doesn't bode well with regards to insurance prices and potentially altering them! I have tried and will continue to try to contact the …

    • 3 replies
    • 735 views
  4. MC1
    Started by MC1,

    I have my uniform fitting coming up. Can anyone PM me the address for stores please?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. trelloskilos
    Started by trelloskilos,

    At the beginning of this year, I handed in my specials warrant card to Essex Police, and stepped down as a Specials Sergeant.... ....and I'm now starting my IPLDP training as a regular officer in Essex Police! I hope I will still be a useful member of the Specials forum, and with the Essex Police sub-section, but I probably wont be around as much as I'd like to be, but if you're up in EPTC over the next few weeks, feel free to look me up and say hi. To anyone who is looking to use the specials as a route into full-time employment, hang in there!! It is difficult at the moment, but don't lose sight of your ambition, and more importantly, whether it takes 1 year or 10, l…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. jonnybasildon
    Started by jonnybasildon +,

    Hi guys, wanted to pick your brains... Through my day job (firefighter) i do a week long immediate emergency care qualification which lets me administer oxygen, use a defib, neck collars etc. As we are all waiting longer for ambulance to arrive I really want to apply my skills to my specialling. Does anyone know who I might need to talk to about it at HQ. I know contacting the specials supervision might be recommended, but i dont want it being something else to bother them with what with all the reform changes and stuff! So any suggestions would be much appreciated! Jon

    • 2 replies
    • 691 views
  7. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Hey, Anybody on the assessment centre on the 9th of jan, next Wednesday? Luke

    • 13 replies
    • 979 views
  8. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Hey, i found out i passed my app yesterday and am tonight going to the open evening at EPC. i have my assessment centre booked for the 9th of january. they asked if i could go monday but i couldnt :-( anyone else going tonight and passed lately? Luke

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. bhday
    Started by bhday,

    We've just got this, it's pretty darn good if i do say so myself! You'll all be trained with it soon. ours is tonight.

    • 25 replies
    • 5.8k views
  10. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Hey, Im filling in my VettingX form and i am struggling on section 12 - business interest. All i have is my full time job which i have disclosed on the employment section. Can i tick no to; Are you holding or intending to hold a position or job outside of police business? Luke

    • 6 replies
    • 734 views
  11. Kakashi KG
    Started by Kakashi KG,

    Did anyone apply for the Detention officer job advertised like a week back? If you did any news? Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 868 views
  12. Special Steve1546080998
    Started by Special Steve1546080998 +,

    :D No operational info here please! :new_cry: But... How are things working out in the brave new world? Here's my experience. I'm based on the OSG which is covering anywhere in Essex. Just for background I've been working for about 4 years mostly in the middle of the county. I've only done one duty so far but it's exceeded my expectations by a long way and I enjoyed it immensely. I liked the fact that I was working in all sorts of places that I'd never worked before, the fact that it was pro-active policing and the fact that I was crewed with an officer who was happy and willing to show me new things. I know it's early days but how are things going for you guys?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2k views
  13. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Hey, recieved a call last week saying my Assessment Centre is on the 09th Jan 13. will i recieve a letter before then to advised of the details??? Luke

    • 5 replies
    • 846 views
  14. pistolpete66
    Started by pistolpete66,

    Anyone booked in to do a mandatory self defence refresher course anytime soon? Mine's due now and both Specials and Regs can train together - just a case of booking a date & turning up for some "GET BACK!" :new_yawn:

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Black Rat Nocky +
  15. OSGmagnet
    Started by OSGmagnet,

    How did everyone find the Day of Action on Saturday?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 824 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.