Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. trelloskilos
    Started by trelloskilos,

    As per the chief's latest announcement on the Essex police website, regular recruitment is starting up again. Any specials interested, it's time to start polishing up your competency examples & positive indicators...! Good luck if you're going for it.

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.3k views
    trelloskilos
  2. diskworld31546081223
    Started by diskworld31546081223,

    Chief officers have this week announced that they approved the issuing of TAC vests to all uniformed officers as standard, including specials. They will be measured during the coming weeks/months with delivery scheduled for the summer. What are everyone's thoughts? I personally think this is great news and it's been a long time coming, sadly we can't wear any that we have bought previously which means I'm slightly out of pocket but hey ho, looking forward to getting it and relieving the weight from my hips and lower back!! Stay safe all!

      • Like
    • 103 replies
    • 7.4k views
  3. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    Hi all passed all my assestments for egs, been invited to a Pre Employment Weekend,just wondered if sny one has attended and if so how hard is the intoial exam on the saturday? thanks folks

    • 5 replies
    • 2.1k views
  4. Bluelightrun
    Started by Bluelightrun,

    I wonder if somebody could shed some light on this. I've heard varying different things from people. What are the current shift patterns used in Essex?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 2.2k views
  5. Kwik
    Started by Kwik,

    Hi All Ok before you read this and type a reply about why are you ranting like some do about every thing, I am not ranting. I have been a special with Essex police for 2 year , I achieved independent patrol after 18 months on the new IL4SC course. I have received 3 letters from the public about the high quality service I have provided and 2 from officers of inspector and above commending me for my work. I have applied twice to join full time, on occasion one I passed sift ,A/C, fitness, medical, vetting, for there to be a cull as I waited for training dates due to budget cuts . While this was the most gutting thing I had been through I understand the economy and the r…

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. AAM
    Started by AAM,

    Please sign this petition for Reece Clarke who was severely injured while on duty. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/58534 Allow Reece Clarke to come HomeResponsible department: Department for Communities and Local Government Former Special Constable Reece Clarke, 21, has been waiting to go back home from a special rehabilitation unit in Surrey, where he has received treatment for severe brain injuries sustained in a police car crash in Basildon two years ago. His father, Steve, applied to extend his new bungalow in Thorpe Hall Close, Thorpe Bay, so a nurse could give Reece the round-the-clock care he needs, but Southend councillors threw out the plans on …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  7. Bluelightrun
    Started by Bluelightrun,

    So I finally heard this morning that I have passed the assesment centre, was bricking it so great news! I've been invited to the senior officers interview on 15th Oct, just wondering if anyone had any advice, tips? Anything would be much appreciated! Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. XY07
    Started by XY07 +,

    Hey all! Just to let you know, if you didnt know already we now have a Private forum! If you would like to know the password, let me , PW90 or trelloskilos know and we will give you the password! Tom

    • 14 replies
    • 4.3k views
  9. Special Steve1546080998
    Started by Special Steve1546080998 +,

    Forty one Essex suspects were arrested by a team of more than 100 special constables - volunteers with the same powers as police officers - over the weekend. In a one-off operation, the special constables gave up their Friday, Saturday and Sundays to crack down on outstanding warrants across the county. Twelve suspects, including John Kerr, 22, of Rainsford Road, Chelmsford, were taken into custody. Kerr was bailed to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on December 9. Mark Foy, 49, of Alan Grove, Leigh, was remanded in custody to appear before court on Saturday, November 23, for non-payment of fines. Alan Beckett, 40, of Newington Close, Southend, was arrested for…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Bluelightrun
    Started by Bluelightrun,

    Hey, Anyone managed to get a confirmed slot on either of these intakes? I've passed everything so far , just waiting on Biometric Vetting and have a uniform fitting in the next week, just want to know now! Any news anyone? Best of luck to anyone also waiting for news!

    • 0 replies
    • 854 views
  11. karl1
    Started by karl1,

    Hi I've been a special in Essex since March and was wondering do Essex specials get free travel in London, I know met specials do many

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Administrative Account
  12. JoeM1546082302
    Started by JoeM1546082302,

    Hello all, I attended the Specials recruitment event last night and learnt some new things with the main one being that It states on their website that for fitness you would need to use a Dyno machine however this isn't used any more with the only test being a bleep one. Quite a few things that were mentioned are different to on their website so if you are someone wanting to join in the future (like me) attending the event is well worth it! Training (knowing the laws and procedures e.t.c) takes place over 10 weekends or 20 every other weekends. Some of the training isn't in Essex, I can't remember the exact bits but you would need to travel out of Essex for some bits, ho…

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  13. Bluelightrun
    Started by Bluelightrun,

    How many people on here are attending one of the regulars assessment centres this week? I'm on Thursday PM. Good Luck if you are!

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. SCDM
    Started by SCDM,

    Morning All Heading over from the Herts forum. I'm a special with Herts but live in Essex. I just wanted to know if there is a uniform store in Essex that I can go to to try on different trousers? I know there are plenty online but I'd really like to try on before I commit to paying £50 for a pair of trousers! Thanks in advance!

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. dannyboy123
    Started by dannyboy123,

    I was just wondering whether anyone had received their results from the papersift for the Specials since the end of July. Reason I'm asking is I helped a friend with her application which was posted end of July and she hasn't heard anything yet, and I just wondered whether HR were on the slow or what?

    • 2 replies
    • 841 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.