Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. wannabspecial
    Started by wannabspecial,

    Week 1 Did not really sleep very well Saturday night as was feeling excited but also nervous. Arrived at College at 08.10 and met with a fellow users son of here and we made our way. Outside the doors were two other guys who were waiting. Once the door opened we all went in and was told to wait in the rest area so 5 of us crammed into the little room and we listened to intake A who were doing the Saturday and Sunday course and they were on lesson 5 i believe. Then the trainer come in and showed us to our classroom and done a quick check on who was present. The trainer handed out our packs which contained various sheets, our tags to get in the college and our name badges …

      • Like
    • 60 replies
    • 13.5k views
  2. Jacob__Carter
    Started by Jacob__Carter * ,

    Hi there, i've got my assessment centre coming up in a few days, and during my revision for the numerical reasoning tests the book says for parts of it we can use a calculator (Averages mainly) but i don't recall being told we would be allowed a calculator at the workshop i attended. i also wondered, if worst comes to the worst and i dont pass my PIRT will i still go onto the interview or will i be sent home before then? Thanks for all advice you guys can give!

    • 8 replies
    • 592 views
  3. XY07
    Started by XY07 +,

    Hi all. Below is a list of officers who currently have Twitter for the force, give us a "follow" Leon Dias @COLeonDias Chief Officer of the Essex Police Special Constabulary. Thomas Simons @SpSgtSimons Special Sergeant for Brentwood District. Martin East @SInspEast Special Inspector for Epping Forest & Harlow Districts. Steven Pipe @SInspStevenPipe Special Constabulary Inspector with Rural Policing Team. Jo van Zanten @SInspVanZanten Special Inspector for Braintree & Uttlesford. Joe Horton @SpSgtJoeHorton Special Sergeant based in Southend. Jim Ridley @SpSgtJimRidley Special Sergeant covering Thurrock District. Fraser MacLeod @SInspMacleod Specia…

    • 9 replies
    • 854 views
  4. P.C.Goody
    Started by P.C.Goody,

    Hi everyone. I've just finished all the recruitment cycle and had the chief inspector over last week for the home visit. All I'm waiting for now is the final 'ok' from the vetting but can't see why that'd be an issue at all. My question is about uniform. Apparently all being well I start my training in March but obviously need to get some boots at some point. At the uniform fitting the lady said we get our uniform on day 2 and she knew I was on the weekend course. In my information pack it refers to "those on the intensive course will need boots from day 2". So those on the weekend course do I need my boots for this or do I come to the training every other weekend in su…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. SCKev
    Started by SCKev,

    Can anyone shed some light on the 'Specials Interview'? I've herd a lot about what the interview is based on and what they actually ask about (not looking for answers, just guidance) I have my interview on Wednesday and I'm totally confused about the whole competency part. Am I right in saying they will ask me a couple of scenarios that I have been in, and I need to refer to the level 1 competency? If I knew it was just a normal interview id be fine but knowing I need to say explain certain stuff using the competencies has let me very nervous. Any help would be appreciated ☺ kev

      • Like
    • 59 replies
    • 2.4k views
  6. lily
    Started by lily,

    On the hottest day of the year so far, I decide to start going to the gym. I actually hate the gym, I find it really booooring BUT I decided that I didn't want to be the most unfit Special in the UK so I thought it was about time I pulled my finger out. It wasn't too bad, I suprised myself. ...and then someone buys cream cakes because it's their birthday. It would be rude not to

    • 9.9k replies
    • 425.6k views
  7. Aaronhunt
    Started by Aaronhunt * ,

    Hi I have recently failed recruitment on the interview. I thought it went well. Any pointers for next time from anyone??

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 718 views
  8. SCKev
    Started by SCKev,

    Can anyone shed some light on the 'Specials Interview'? I've herd a lot about what the interview is based on and what they actually ask about (not looking for answers, just guidance) I have my interview on Wednesday and I'm totally confused about the whole competency part. Am I right in saying they will ask me a couple of scenarios that I have been in, and I need to refer to the level 1 competency? If I knew it was just a normal interview id be fine but knowing I need to say explain certain stuff using the competencies has let me very nervous. Any help would be appreciated ☺ kev

    • 3 replies
    • 776 views
  9. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Hi All. Anyone on here applied? Regards Stay Safe

  10. RC1990
    Started by RC1990,

    Hi everyone, Its been really quiet on here, wondering whether there is anybody who has passed the AC and is awaiting the final interview date?

  11. RC1990
    Started by RC1990,

    Hi everyone, Its been really quiet on here, wondering whether there is anybody who has passed the AC and is awaiting the final interview date?

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  12. AAM
    Started by AAM,

    Hi all, I resigned from Essex Police last month in January after 5 years and 7 months service - my question is am I entitled to the Queens Diamond Jubilee Medal as I was a serving officer at the time? Also I am of the understanding that the criteria for the Long Service Medals have changed and that 5 years service has replaced the 9 years of service for the first long service award, am I correct about this? Is there any other criteria attached to being awarded these medals that I should be aware of before I write to them? Many thanks, Amanda Now a Volunteer for the Essex Volunteer Blood Service (otherwise known as Bloodrunners!) transporting emergency blood out of ho…

    • 14 replies
    • 2.4k views
  13. P.C.Goody
    Started by P.C.Goody,

    Hi everyone I know that RaykeshPatel is in the same boat as me, however is there anyone here also on the 14/03 training but as yet haven't received their final offer? Or what stage are you at? Currently I have completed everything - including the Home Visit last week, but haven't heard back. Foreign Commonwealth have confirmed that their vetting was complete and that they have recently sent this information back to EP. Looking forward to seeing people there - especially those I saw at the testing stage where we were all chatting in the bedroom (ooer!) Cheers

      • Like
    • 131 replies
    • 4.1k views
    Elton the snowman
  14. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    TfL ref: 1014561155 / 1014579106 TVP received the below information via emails from Transport for London (TFL) Date of emails: 04 & 07 August 2014 The ONLY police officers allowed to travel for free on the Tube are those from the following forces: Hertfordshire Essex Kent Surrey Thames Valley Police Officers and Special Constables of the above forces can travel free ANY time, upon production of their warrant cards. (If gates are unmanned they are usually left open so that our passengers can still safely enter/exit the station. Officers in possession of their warrants cards should just walk through the open ticket barriers in such circumstances. Should the …

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 2.6k views
  15. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Hi All. Anyone on here applied? Regards Stay Safe

    • 4 replies
    • 824 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.