Essex Police
289 topics in this forum
-
Need some help on the competency areas and if any one knows what the questions are likely to be?
-
You may have noticed new CPD (continual professional development) sessions being offered on dutysheet. I attended the one last Saturday on Road Traffic Collisions. There were about 10 delegates and 4 trainers. I have to say that my expectations were low and I was a bit worried that the day would be very basic. It was, however, pitched to the audience (most of whom were experienced) so it built on that experience to give us a "master class" rather than teaching us what we already knew. It also included a mock scene that we "attended" as a role play to work through the procedures and paperwork in a practical environment. I would recomend these courses to anyone, new o…
-
Hi All, Friday evening I received an email from Essex Police inviting me to the Mandatory Briefing on Tuesday next week. I applied for the regs and completed some initial online tests and have now made it through the paper sift following my application. Happy to have made it through as I felt my examples were quite weak. Now the email says that "The attached document details the location and format of the briefing assessment". Unfortunately there is no attachment with these details and the office is now closed until Monday. I'm also meant to confirm my attendance no later than 48 hours before Tuesday, again to the office which is closed over the weekend. Not ideal …
-
-
Hi all, Just came across this site after trying to find out what some of the next steps were in the process and thought I'd sign up. Had an idea to sort of do a diary of my application and potentially my training to help others later on and mostly for others to help me along the path. So far I have completed the massive application which took me about a week to do..just wondering where do I actually hand it in? Is it at head office in chelmsford? Also what would the next step be..? cheers Chris
-
Just incase you haven't seen. Red Request for those in the WEST LPA. Any and all Specials are asked to offer assistance. Check your emails and duty sheet for more details.
-
What model radio's does Essex police use? I know that London Met Police mainly have Motorola MTH800 but I think some areas in Essex have different? MTH800
-
First of all, start off here. Click on the link for recruitment and then on to the Special Constabulary. Here you will find a wealth of information regarding the Special Constabulary within Essex Police Force. Dates are published for the open evenings and you should attend one of these for whichever division you wish to apply for. Sign up for one of these open evenings and if you wish, a DVD giving you a better insight to what the Specials do. The following is what happens next assuming you pass all stages, which of course we hope that you do! Attend open evening for your division. Complete application pack and return within two weeks. Attend and take the PIRT (…
-
How is everyone finding the new Chief? I'm really happy he's come in, since he has we've seen so much development with the Specials and feeling much more empowered.
-
Hey, sorry if its been mentioned before, What is the standard issue equipment you get specifically from Essex Police as a Special and is there anything that you have to purchase yourself? I think i heard somebody saying something about boots/shoes we would have to provide ourselves is that right? Many thanks!
-
I've read two articles on the Essex Police website and one says you need a full manual driving licence and the other says you don't need a licence at all? Which of these is correct and will we be driving as a special then?
-
Hi All! Long time watcher, finally signed up an account and posting! I am an ex Special with 3 years service in Hertfordshire. The last few months as a S/Sgt. I left a year ago in order to focus more on my family business but am ready to come back and my thoughts turn to Essex - where I was born and raised! I'd quite like the opportunity however, before I click send on the application form, to go on a ride along with a serving SC? I did this with Herts and it was hugely beneficial - i'd love to be able to settle my mind that I definitly want to head into Essex first! Does such a scheme exist or is anyone here able to help me with that? Would be quite keen to do a pu…
-
Hi, just wondering if there was anybody on here that has taken their assessment/PIRT & Fitness at the Essex Police College in early July this year, has heard back from the HR/Recruitment team yet? I know that they said it can take up to 28 days to hear back. I am pretty excited to find out if I passed or not!
-
Hi all, I applied to Essex Police back last year, got through the application process, passed the PIRT but failed my Interview on the grounds that my answers "lacked depth". Very frustrating, but clearly only myself to blame. So 6 months have passed, i've re applied which has been accepted and i'm now just awaiting a date for the fitness/PIRT/interview stages. Annoyingly, the letter I had from earlier this year stated I had passed the PIRT so wouldnt have to re sit the exams however i've now been told this is no longer the case and I have to do them all again.. Back down the gym and more prep for the interview, fingers crossed! Are there any resources people would r…
-
Guys n Gals, EP forum has been very "Q" of late so thought I'd start up a topic of conversation being as I don't post much although still "lurk" periodically. I remember when I first thought about becoming a Special and my subsequent journey seems so long ago now having been IPS with driving ticket for over a year now and an SC for some 3 years - I remember asking all the recruitment and other questions seen on here over the past three years and now I am resisting the pressure to become a S/SGT because I don't really want what seems to be just extra admin and aggro from other volunteers....any S/SGT's want to enlighten me as to the current role? Seems with the reform, …