Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. Ill keep this short as poss. Basically i am in process of becoming police staff member with Essex Police. I am looking to see if anyone knows of anyone (preferably in the force) that needs a house/flat mate OR that is renting out a one bedroom property. My max allowance for this is £700 Per Calender Month (PCM) and i would like to move in end of May if all goes to plan. I would like this to include: Simple furnishing Car Parking Include bills I thank you for any reply. Stay safe out there!

    • 2 replies
    • 718 views
  2. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. Ill keep this short as poss. Basically i am in process of becoming police staff member with Essex Police. I am looking to see if anyone knows of anyone (preferably in the force) that needs a house/flat mate OR that is renting out a one bedroom property. My max allowance for this is £700 Per Calender Month (PCM) and i would like to move in end of May if all goes to plan. I would like this to include: Simple furnishing Car Parking Include bills I thank you for any reply. Stay safe out there!

  3. Essex_SC
    Started by Essex_SC,

    Hi all, I'm a first time poster but long time lurker so please be gentle! I recently passed the assessment day for Essex Police and am due to attend a medical next month at the occupational health clinic in Harlow. I was just wondering from anyone who has completed the Essex medical within the last few months, what is it like? Is it invasive at all? How should I dress? Do they do the 'hair test' like some other forces or a supervised urine test? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 59 replies
    • 3.3k views
  4. Special Steve
  5. Sc Diceman
    Started by Sc Diceman,
  6. Special Steve
  7. BarberBill
    Started by BarberBill * ,

    Hi guys I'm new on here looking for guidance! I've just recently passed the shortlisting for the Essex Police Specials. I have my assessment day on November 5th, could anybody share light on what to expect, e.g. are the tests hard? (as I've been practising between haircuts and forgetting what I'm doing lol!) and what do you wear? First instinct says wear a suit because it's a job interview, but in the email it said I have a fitness test aswell. I've never had to run In a suit before lol! Any feedback will be received with open arms Thank you guys!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. Special Steve
    Started by Special Steve +,
  9. Matty1012
    Started by Matty1012,

    Hello All, I have just passed the assessment center for Essex Police, I used this forum to gain a lot of knowledge - so I thank you all for that. I now have my final Senior Officer Interview in just over a weeks time. They haven't given me much to prepare on so I was just wondering what to expect and how to prepare. I plan to brush up on my examples for my competencies just encase I get asked any similar to the interview at the assessment center. I also plan to revise topics such as Force aims, LPA's, current problems, structure, divisions, key people and standards etc. I'm also going to brush up on local police news as well as national police problems etc. Am I on…

    • 4 replies
    • 763 views
  10. Special Steve1546080998
    Started by Special Steve1546080998 +,

    Here's the new video that's been put together by the EP film unit. I think it's very good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNCgiyJ_PdA Steve

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Elton the snowman
  11. pistolpete66
    Started by pistolpete66,

    It's 5 years since my journey to be a Special with Essex Police began and it's just ended because enough is enough and I have resigned. My exit interview is complete, my warrant Card has been handed back along with all my gear. My locker is empty. Despite The Command Team wishing I would remain, alas it's all over for me. I believe I have seen and done most of what there is to do including seeing the radical on-going changes due to budget restraints etc. I was accepted as a regular after going through the recruitment process however, I simply couldn't afford the drastic pay cut & ripped up my offer letter. To anyone thinking of joining (either as a SC or PC) I hope…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. David
    Started by David +,
  13. BillyJames
    Started by BillyJames * ,

    Hi All, I'm new on here :new_wave: I was just hoping if anyone could answer a few queries that I have about my application form. :new_yummy: I recently (about 3 weeks ago) submitted my application to Essex Police Special Constables. I was just wondering how long it normally takes to get back to you to see weather you have been accepted? Also, not counting my chickens before they hatch, How hard is the PIRT test and interview, as mathematics isn't my forte? Any reply's will be greatly received. Thank you!!!!! :lol:

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. captain chaos
    Started by captain chaos,

    Hi all, just wondering if anyone here had do the knowledge check for transferring into Essex? I am wondering what the format is i.e. verbal, written, multiple choice... Cheers!

    • 2 replies
    • 896 views
  15. nush
    Started by nush,

    Went to the Essex police specials recruitment day last night with the husband who now wants to join as well. It was great and these guys are ace doing this to help potential recruits. The wedding band tattoo isn't a issue as they say if a tattoo can be covered then it's fine. I am glad I went last night as the "computer says no" answer I was getting from the Met and not listening to me for the fact it can be covered was disheartening but to be honest I think it was a blessing in disguise as I think I would fit in better with the guys in Essex and even contemplating moving down to Chelmsford area. The husband is going to the workshop they run on top of their statutory shif…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 699 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.