Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. XY07

    Special Constables arrested two men and seized a vehicle during a training session in Chelmsford. Photo: A car is seized because the driver didn't have a licence Special Constables from the Operational Support Group had just finished initial training on how to use ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) when they put their skills into pratice in a real life scenario on Saturday, March 9, 2013. A small operation was set up in Chelmsford using ANPR to read number plates and check them against police and DVLA databases. During the two-hour operation, 75 vehicles were stopped and two men were arrested, one for possession of a bladed article and the second for possessio…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. paul-stone
    Started by paul-stone,

    Can you tell me why you have to have a driving licence before you finish your training as a special ( I have one ), Is it because you can drive marked car from the start in this force. yours Paul

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 809 views
  3. Jamie1985
    Started by Jamie1985,

    Hi Guys, I have noticed Essex are accepting Assessment Center scores now and I am considering to transfer my pass mark over. Are Essex commencing intakes regularly? I would need a final interview and home visit - first I have heard of this one?! Anyone waiting for a FBI or for a start date? Has it taken you more than a year or? Whats Essex like to work for? Potential for specialist course after two years? Sorry for all the questions just want to be sure before I start the ball rolling as such? Its closer to home for me too living in London Jay

      • Like
    • 103 replies
    • 9.2k views
  4. paul-stone
    Started by paul-stone,

    Is there anyone else here that is going to this event

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 802 views
    Matt Essex SC
  5. trelloskilos
    Started by trelloskilos,

    By now, if you haven't seen it on the intranet already, EP are reopening recruitment internally to Special Constables, PCSOs, and support staff. The criteria seem to be on the basis that: You haven't had an NPIA SEARCH assessment within the last 6 months You haven't had a senior interview within the last 6 months. (I'm presuming that by the NPIA SEARCH assessment, if you passed it, then you should be elegible, whether 6 months have passed or not, as long as you passed it less than a year ago) Deadline is March 11, to get the papersift stuff in. - More info on the intranet, NOT on the Essex Police website. Good luck if you go for it!!

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 3.7k views
  6. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    Hi all, Passed my fitness now time for the medical. Has anyone undergone this recently just wondered if it had changed much, last one i did was 4 and half years ago for specials. Thanks people.

    • 3 replies
    • 754 views
  7. kls9115
    Started by kls9115,

    Can anyone tell me once you have passed your initial training what shifts do essex police work? It's it 8 or 12hours or any other?

    • 2 replies
    • 779 views
  8. AAM

    Hi everyone, I'm sure that most of you would agree that, once you've worked for the Police, that emergency service work gets into your blood. After just over 5 years as an Essex Special I resigned this January and soon found that this was the case! For anyone in the position of resigning, I thought that I would share what I've been doing since over the last few months. I joined the Essex Voluntary Blood Service and it's great! We need more riders and drivers (about a quarter of our members are car drivers only I believe) in Essex to help this great service which saves the NHS hospitals in our region a lot of money. We collect/deliver blood; blood products such as plasm…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    Hi all got my regs fitness test next wednesday, looking for advice on how best to prepare. I work as a hospital porter and walk miles in a day so im reasonably fit. Obviously running is different though. Been doing some running but just wondered how hard it is? Anything else i can do to prepare? Thanks people.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. dannyboy123
    Started by dannyboy123,

    Afternoon all! I am new on the forum so thought I'd just post and say hi really. :new_wave: I am a relatively new Special in Essex and got attested October '12. Feel free to say hi. Dan

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 850 views
  11. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    hi folks made it through assestment centre, got my senior officer interview next. any tips on how i can best prepare myself for this?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Pete
    Started by Pete,

    Hello Essex's finest! Anybody got experience serving in any capacity with both Essex Police & the Met? I'm very interested to know the differences/similarities between working for them. I've done research in the what I did on duty thread but would be great to hear from anyone that has first hand experience. Cheers !

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. MattGeva
    Started by MattGeva,

    Hi, I have been invited to an interview and fitness test, was just wondering if anyone could give me an insight of what happens? Thanks Matt Gevaux

    • 5 replies
    • 761 views
  14. JH25
    Started by JH25,

    Hi, Any newbies waiting to go on the 17th November 2012 training course? I'm hoping to do the alternate weekend one. Just waiting for my medical and then I'm ready to go! Joe

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 911 views
  15. shaz
    Started by shaz,

    Hi everyone!! I am new to this forum so go easy on me. I have been wanting to join the police since i was 16 (I am now 24) however due to some unfortunate events when I was 19 (2008) I was arrested for battery and given a formal caution at Rayleigh police station. I have had to wait 5 years to apply and now after such a long wait I am ready to apply, so I have 2 questions here: 1 - Will my previous caution stop me from joining? 2 - Anyone currently in the process of applying? I am shortly going to be submitting my application which I have nearly completed and was wondering is there anyone else in the same boat as me. Appreciate all response Thank You

    • 5 replies
    • 860 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.