Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Â Â Â Â Hi ladies and gents. I'll keep this short. Currently looking for house/flat share in the Chelmsford area. Landlady is selling the one im currently in in September. Anyone interested please get in touch. From ex Essex special. Stay safe out there!

    • 0 replies
    • 750 views
  2. Special Steve1546080998
    Started by Special Steve1546080998 +,

    God bless this officer and a speedy and full recovery. Best wished to the other officer too. Steve link to news article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-16705459

    • 6 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Administrative Account
  3. whitey0903
    Started by whitey0903,

    I'm thinking about transfering from the Met to Essex Police, as I live in Essex and it'll be much easier to get to and to do more shifts, but I don't know who to contact? Haven't been with the Met long, only about a month and have only done one shift so I'm not experienced at all. I'd greatly appreciate it someone could help. Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 919 views
  4. Spuffington
    Started by Spuffington,

    Hi all! Been lurking here for some time but thought I would drop a line on here to record my progress through the Specials application process. I attended the Friday Open Evening in August in order to collect my application form. Unfortunately, my first effort at the paper-sift was sent back requesting another go at the Diversity question, which I did and was called for Interview & Assessment on Saturday just gone. Although nerve-wracking, it was also very enjoyable. I'm pretty sure I was the oldest there, but I think in some ways, that probably counted in my favour in terms of the life experience I can bring. I sat my PIRT first, which I have to say, I found …

    • 18 replies
    • 1.9k views
    wannabspecial
  5. wannabspecial
    Started by wannabspecial,

    All that training really starts then when you get out on the streets.

    • 3 replies
    • 899 views
  6. Sc Diceman
    Started by Sc Diceman,

    Hello, I was attested on Monday but have had no contact from any body at my future station (Harlow). Does anybody have the name/ number of who I can contact?

    • 1 reply
    • 878 views
  7. OSGEssexSC
    Started by OSGEssexSC,

    Good luck to all the would-be SC's interviewing this weekend and next weekend coming. The more the merrier

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Hi all, Just wondered if any one knew when there will be any assessment centre date and if so do you have a rough idea when? Luke

    • 1 reply
    • 890 views
  9. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Good morning Essex, I am one of the two elected representatives here in Herts whose task it is to put forward the workforce agreement which covers the 11hr rest break and taking compensatory rest at the earliest opportunity if you eat into that rest period during a shift as an SC. I understand quite a bit about it, but I wonder how this was put forward to you (I have a copy of your workforce agreement to work from) and what problems have you come across (if any) with this agreement. Also, do you set a limit on the length of say a weekday shift even taking into account compensatory rest (i.e a special shift finishing at 03:00 isn't acceptable when you start your main e…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. jonnybasildon
    Started by jonnybasildon +,

    Has anyone got the full address and postcode for Stanway?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 2.6k views
  11. Sc Diceman
    Started by Sc Diceman,

    Hello faithful of the forum, Im due to get my uniform in the next couple of weeks and so am looking to order my boots, a thought crossed my mind that I should save on postage and order some other bits, But What? I have an idea... hand cuff key and holder (as recommended by my trainer) PNB holder torch/holder (im mostly working evenings) Any other ideas? (Just as a side note, im due to finish my training on the 2nd of April)

    • 12 replies
    • 2.3k views
  12. Sc Diceman
    Started by Sc Diceman,

    Hello, I just thought I'd ask if you have heard what all of the specials are doing during the Olympics. I know some of the regulars are doing tests so they can drive the carriers for the olympics so I was wondering if they were going to fill the vans and ship the contents to London. cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 877 views
  13. MR93
    Started by MR93,

    Hi all, Pretty new to the forum and the specials, ive passed all stages of the process so far but had to decline the dates unfortunately due to prior commitments. Does anyone know of any upcoming fitness test dates? as I can wait to start training now Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 933 views
  14. MSN91
    Started by MSN91,

    Hi I have passed my PIRT,Interview and fitness and have had my medical,im sure everything went well but i havent heard anything back from Essex Police,so i was just wondering how the process works? How long did you have to wait to find out if you had passed or not? Just eager to know as i can't wait to start training! I will appreciate your answers Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. coopa
    Started by coopa,

    Hi all, Have been browsing this forum for some time now and after finally catching a recruitment window and event have applied to be an SC with Essex Police. My application went in just before Christmas and I called early January to confirm receipt, at which point I was told that due to staffing problems I wouldn't hear back until the following week. That was nearly 3 weeks ago now so was just wondering how long others had to wait to get any acknowledgement in the post? Don't want to call and chase if this is normal. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 923 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.