Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. TheJetMan
    Started by TheJetMan,

    Hey All, Soon to finish my specials training and get attested and was looking at the Tactical Vests I see some officers wear on division (http://www.patrolstore.com/Protec-Police-Tactical-Duty-Vest-p-13562.html) and was wondering if any specials on here have this and what you did to get it? Did you need to go to occ health or did you just buy it? I dont mind paying the money but dont want then to be told I cant wear it...

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 2.5k views
  2. EK07
    Started by EK07,

    What has been "personally" , your most rewarding experience serving as a special constable and why.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Black Rat Nocky +
  3. EK07
    Started by EK07,

    Hi all So just a quick thread to talk over where we prefered to be posted :D! Seems like a very long wait each day for the post man to arrive!!! So mine would be... Loughton; busy area, nice building, easy to get to, plenty of night life. ...........

    • 4 replies
    • 945 views
  4. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    can anyone tell me when the submission date for the specials application form is. i attended the open evening on the 12th of august. im sure the lady said we had three weeks. but im unsure Luke

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. EK07
    Started by EK07,

    Hi Could anyone give some outlining TIPS for the interview process. I have not yet reached this stage and will update if I do. The interview surely must follow some sort of framework or style? Elliot

    • 16 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. EK07
    Started by EK07,

    Hi This has probably been answered however I cannot find it anywhere. How long roughly does one here back from sending the application off? Papersift process. How do they respond, phone, email, post? Regards EK

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. wannabspecial
    Started by wannabspecial,

    As i am due to start my training soon i have been to see my Gp regarding my Hep b injections only to be advised that they do not do them (even if i was to purchase the injections and take them to my Gp) and that it is down to the employers to give you the injections. Do occupational health give you these or will i have to pay for them and claim the money back? Any help would really be appreciated

    • 7 replies
    • 2.8k views
    Special Steve1546080998 +
  8. spidey
    Started by spidey,

    Got my assessment date through this morning and it's 15th August. However, that is halfway through my holiday and I won't be around! Called HR and they said it's fine that I can't attend however they have no more assessment date scheduled any time soon annoyed.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Hi all, i just thought i would open a forum that people could write in that would provide infomation for anyone going through the competency section of the App form. If there is any advice for the interview aid section then it would be much appriciated Thanks Luke

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Am i able to use the same examples in my interview if i am successful as i used in my application form or do they ask for different ones as i have had many different responces as to what they ask from previous experiance of the police officers i know? some say you can and my partner is a police officer for essex police and he said that they asked for two form examples from his app and one other different example??

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
    jonnybasildon +
  11. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Hi, I'm filling out my application form for the specials and am on the about your family bit. I was just wondering if someone could tell me if i've done this right. For the bit where it says your mother, this is what ive done: your mother Jayne Marie Fletcher. Surname at birth: Short - Is this correct? Also, i'm also confused on how to enter the bit for my full brother. I haven't filled it in yet but shall i do this: Your brother or sister (full/half/step etc) shall i put a line across sister and half and step and then put my brothers name. as this will show that hes my full brother. Is this correct? Another thing. I've also made a tiny littl…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Hi All, I live in a shared house in chelmsford with 5 people i hardly know. On the you and your family section of the application form it asks for people who i live with details as you know. I have just been gathering all the information off the people i live with in my house and two of them are refusing to give me their dates of birth. they have given me their names and where they was born and their ages but not the ful dates of birth. what do i do and will it affect my application form? its scaring me that i cant apply if i dont have these details. Luke

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. Alex_88
    Started by Alex_88,

    Hi, im applying to be a special with Essex Police and im a bit worried about my sickness days. I've had 2 weeks off at the beginning of this year for the flu (signed off by a doctor) and then a few other days last year for sickness bugs. Does anyone know how many sickness days they accept? Im guessing this is all asked at the medical.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  14. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    Just thought I would say well done to all specials that are coming in to support shifts at this busy time. Were im stationed I dont think I have ever seen so many PCs on foot patrol really good to see such a visable police presence. Well Done keep up the good work guys and girls

    • 0 replies
    • 949 views
  15. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    HI All. I was just wondering if someone could tell me the requirments for the BMI Index bit of the recruitment process in the Essex Police Specials. I'm not the fittest of people but im not a big person either. i'm around 5ft10 and about 14 stone. would this be ok or would i have to loose weight. i know i have to loose some weight but i just want to be sure if i will have an issue or not Thank you

    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.