Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. wannabspecial
    Started by wannabspecial,

    Hi Everyone, A friend of mine had a letter stating that the recruitment was still on hold and would possibly be that way for a few more months just wondering if any one had heard differently as i know a member on here is a interviewer... I am so glad i canceled my application and applied for the Met I await any further comments...

    • 7 replies
    • 3.1k views
  2. westham1
    Started by westham1,

    I was at my div training recently, someone mentioned that they may be looking at stopping the mileage allowance on the expenses:confused: Just wondering if anyone else had heard anything, that maybe in the know about these things ? It would be a shame, I do a 30 mile round trip to get to my station, and would be nun to happy about absorbing this cost, bearing in mind we are volunteers and don't get paid.

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  3. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-12184258 Two police horses have been injured, one seriously, by a dog which chased and bit them in Essex. Bella and Biscuit are expected to be off work for at least a week following the attack while they were on patrol in Chelmsford on Wednesday afternoon. Biscuit has a deep cut to a foreleg and has been stitched from elbow to hoof, while Bella has had stitches to two shoulder wounds. A woman, 34, was has been arrested and bailed in connection with the incident. She was questioned on suspicion of having a dog dangerously out of control in a public place, and a dog has been seized, police said. Pc Frank Pallet, who was ridi…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 2k views
    diskworld31546081223
  4. Daniel_C
    Started by Daniel_C,

    Anybody based here? How far is it from Chelmsford centre? What teams are there?

    • 3 replies
    • 3k views
  5. davysmurthwaite
    Started by davysmurthwaite,

    hi all. well my latest model a 1/16 radio controlled subaru imprezza has just been completed,richie of t.o.t models made all the decals from scatch and fitted them in a space of a few weeks the car is based on an essex's anpr car reg EU07OLA the car has working lights front and rear and a fully working lightbar off a seperate 9v battery and switch. this is a one off model markings on roof 42 QT84 hope you like the photos this car will be being auctioned on ebay. any questions please feel free to contact me cheers dave

    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  6. Alexcc2
    Started by Alexcc2,

    Hi, Im becoming a Special in a months time and have a few questions I would like some help answering.. I have been asked to be posted at rayleigh station as its a 24hr station but could I have been posted at any station that isn't 24hr (e.g. Rochford?) Also I was thinking of working more than once a week.. Maybe do 1 day and 1 nigh a weekt but is that possible? Or do they like it more if you only work once a week? Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 2.9k views
  7. pete1981
    Started by pete1981,

    Have been told you have 8 exams while at EPC, wondered if you have to pass them all to get through? A nso I work with as a special told me when he attended EPC he failed every tests but still got through but that was a few years ago. Last shift as a special tomorrow night then start full time Monday! :) Have been told by someone training now that they sprung a test on them and gave them one night to revise even though they had only covered half of what would be in the test and told them they must get 80%!!

    • 0 replies
    • 850 views
  8. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. Ill keep this short as poss. Basically i am already an attested Special Constable with Essex Police as of February this year. Unfortunately i had to move back home to Birmingham due to my Grandmother becoming ill, thus having to hand back my warrant card, due to Health and Safety i.e. travel etc. To cut along story short, i am on the move back to Essex as i have recently been successful in getting a great job in London. I will be also coming back to the Special Constabulary. I am looking to see if anyone knows of anyone (preferably in the force) that needs a house/flat mate OR renting out a one bedroom property. My max allowance for this is …

    • 1 reply
    • 959 views
  9. Preston88
    Started by Preston88,

    Hi to my Suprise :D i recieved my conditional offer for the 9th of august 2010. i was just wondering if any one else has recieved this date?? Cheers Ben

    • 19 replies
    • 2.2k views
  10. pete1981
    Started by pete1981,

    Ho all im starting my training on 9th august, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to expect, books i should read that sort of thing. regards pete btw i only got confirmed yesterday as the specials had had my reference since 17th june and not bothered to send it off, must say the recruitment dept are pretty awful!!

    • 2 replies
    • 821 views
  11. PW90
    Started by PW90 +,

    This is a consolidated version of the previous Q&A thread, which is now closed. Please feel free to use this thread to ask questions and give answers, and I will keep the top post(s) updated. Anything I have added or edited from previous answers will be in blue. NOTE: These answers, while generally very accurate, are provided by forum members who may or may not be Essex Police Special Constables. If in doubt over anything, please contact your S/Sgt or S/Insp (or Recruitment, if you are joining) who should be able to clear things up for you! Author: lily Q. How can I get an application form for the Specials? A. You must attend an Open Evening. These are held di…

    • 0 replies
    • 6.2k views
  12. PW90
    Started by PW90 +,

    In my quest to tidy up this forum as its new Mini Moderator, I have decided to relegate all the old rules and pointers posts and create a single reference point for rules and other bits and pieces for the Essex Force Specific Forum. If anyone feels I have missed anything out, please send me a Personal Message Essex Force Specific Forum Rules PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF EVERY THREAD IN THE POLICIES AND RULES SECTION OF POLICESPECIALS.COM - THESE ARE FORUM-WIDE RULES AND YOU ARE NOT EXCLUDED FROM THEM IN HERE. Please refrain from using "text talk" and abbreviated words in this section. This is a general forum rule, and can result in exclusion if persistently broken. Do NOT …

    • 0 replies
    • 5.8k views
  13. pete1981
    Started by pete1981,

    hey all, just wondered if anyone on here has bought any police probationer training cd's? was thinking of buying them as fingers crossed i should start training in august, but they are almost £70 so wondered if they were any good before buying them. regards pete

    • 1 reply
    • 924 views
  14. tshark
    Started by tshark,

    I was wondering what all the people that were dumped by Essex Police earlier this year are up too? Have you gave up on the quest to become a Police Officer?? or waiting for SOMEONE to open recruitment again? I can't believe we will have to do it all again after getting so close. Be good to hear from some of you. Cheers Tom.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. 5panky
    Started by 5panky,

    Hi all, My 1st post here, moved over from another website that has little activity on it!! My app no is 610* and I have been told that I should be on the May intake. I applied in Aug 2008, and did my medical in Sep 2009. It's obviously not official and I won't believe it until I get my letter but after waiting so long I am more than willing to grab hold of any info they give me. Has anyone else heard anything about the May intake?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.