Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Essex Police

 
 
  1. super2nova1546620366
    Started by super2nova1546620366,

    Hi All, Does anyone know when the next fitness date is for Essex police as i haven't heard from them yet after transferring my application to them from the Met. Regards

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  2. xkelkelx
    Started by xkelkelx,

    Does anyone know after your medical do you have a final interview? Thanks Kerry

    • 2 replies
    • 657 views
  3. ESX_Hopeful
    Started by ESX_Hopeful,

    I have finally got a date for the assessment center at the beginning of august, anyone got any hints and tips for brushing up before i get there ???

    • 6 replies
    • 881 views
  4. Pengu
    Started by Pengu,

    Hey all, Apart from the 3 lucky people starting their training on 20th March '09, is there anyone else still waiting for a start date? I called recruitment up yesterday to be told that March/April/May and June intakes are now full .. Are any of you on those intakes??

  5. JACC3996
    Started by JACC3996,

    Hi just wondering how many new officers in each new intake. Also is it I think every 6 weeks per intake Cheers

  6. 1WeekTrim
    Started by 1WeekTrim,

    Just phoned recruitment and enquired about what stage i am in as i wasnt given any paper work after medical in June. She said "you are currently in vetting and references stage". I asked how long would it take roughly if all is clean, she asked a colleague and said to me "It will take months and months and DEFINITELY wont be this year". Im not happy, not happy at all and i hope she is wrong. Anybody else heard anything from recuitment, have they stopped taking intakes this year or something? I thought i read posts that said if u passed in June u shud be lookin at a September start. Somebody please enlighten me!

    • 0 replies
    • 480 views
  7. xkelkelx
    Started by xkelkelx,

    Hi all, Anyone else got their medical on 21st August in Chelmford? Kerry

    • 0 replies
    • 470 views
  8. Marns
    Started by Marns,

    Anybody else? :-)

    • 6 replies
    • 853 views
    super2nova1546620366
  9. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all. I have heard that Essex are doing interviews! Does anyone know any more about this? Is it for tranfurs only? Application sent (Norfolk) May 2008 Assessment (Norfolk) Sept 208 Trans to Essex October 2008 Fitness test (Essex) Nov 2008 Medical (Essex) Jan 2009 Ref/Vett/Start = still waiting.

    • 1 reply
    • 592 views
  10. JACC3996
    Started by JACC3996,

    Hi everybody passed medical last week of May does anybody have a idea if I will start training this year if I pass vetting. On website talks of 18 months started application August last year so anybody got times etc would be helpful trying to organise holiday etc Cheers

  11. JACC3996
    Started by JACC3996,

    Hi everybody do they take up References first then start vetting and is it every 6 weeks for a new intake with Essex? Is it worth telling them that I am a Response Driver might it push me up the list? cheers Nov Day 1 Feb Physical: Pass May Medical: Pass what next?

  12. saxyt1546620205
    Started by saxyt1546620205,

    Hi everybody, Just wanted to make a comment, I have been in for five months now and that is the end for me. Why? You may ask, I finished college and moved on to PDU training, sadly I was badly assulted (Along with my trainer Constable) and ended up with a broken jaw and arm and my husband has pulled the plug, (It frightened the life out of our two young sons, both under ten to see me bruised and battered) the salary isn't that good, and just isn't worth the risk. I got out of hospital yesterday and am now at home. I wasn't in the 'Always wanted to be a Police Officer' catagory, I just applied and got lucky, so it's not such a loss, and quite honestly there are safer wa…

    • 19 replies
    • 1.4k views
    SerenityBlue
  13. badger831
    Started by badger831,

    I have submitted my transfer application. I have stated that I wish for the Western Division and been told that they have vacancies there so it will be my first choice. I have submitted the various forms which are associated with my transfer application, because as we all know we love to fill in forms after several years service! What I don't know is what the shift patterns are. What is the likely posting, would it be initially be on to a response team and is there a southern living allowance? Is there anything I need to be aware of or can prep for the forthcoming i/v? The Sarge I spoke to in HR sounded a really nice bloke and he said it would be him interviewing. A…

    • 0 replies
    • 488 views
  14. kiddo
    Started by kiddo,

    I have got my medical tomorrow. Does anyone know how long it takes and what is involved. Has anyone else got theirs tomorrow?

    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. Pengu
    Started by Pengu,

    Hey, Has anyone received their final offer for 1st May intake?! I started to panic as I have to give my notice in before the end March ..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.