Essex Police
289 topics in this forum
-
Hi all Just after some help I have lost my link for the handover package i had on the force intranet. Does anyone know the offical title or number of it so i can search it on force forms? Thankyou.
-
I have noticed quite a few officers lately waering there stab vests over there light weight high viz. Can someone tell me why. What is the point in wearing a high viz jacket so you can be seen and then wearing your black stab vests over it? I know some officers like to wear there radios on there stab vests dock as its more secure but you can still do this with the high viz jackets on top.
-
I am finally going to be (re)applying to Essex to become a Special. I first attended an open evening last April and had the forms filled in ready to post, but due to unforeseen personal circumstances I couldn't continue. It's now a year on, and I'm booked on the June 8th open night at HQ, can't wait to get the ball rolling (again)! Just a quick question...does anybody have any idea when reg recruitment will open again? (rough idea, 1 year/2years...) Cheers Spidey
-
Congratulations to our own mini-mod Paul for getting signed off as IPS this week! Well done Paul, much deserved. I'm hot on your heels!
-
Hi guys, I'll first introduce myself, I'm a special sgt up in Lowestoft in Suffolk (about as far away from Essex Suffolk goes) Me and a few others are planning a weekend on the sauce in Essex, potentially we are thinking southend. Just wondering if you boys (and gals) have any reccomendations of where to go and where not to go? Cheers.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-13490855 Cyclists have been warned not to use the 2012 Olympic mountain bike course in Essex by police.Essex Police said the Hadleigh Farm track could be dangerous to members of the public as it has been designed to international competition standards. Sgt Chris Brammel, of Essex Police, said there would be regular patrols. "We don't want anyone getting injured in the run-up to the Olympics." No-one has as yet been spotted using the track without permission. A police spokeswoman said that the warning was prompted by concern that the school holidays were coming up and children might be tempted to use the course. The timetable…
-
Anyone here support staff also? If so, what do you do? Im a Communications Officer in FIR. Currently just been signed off on Dispatch and doing the South Western area.
-
Are any Essex Specials fast road trained, I know we are staying alive trained but was wondering about the fast road training. Starting to get through the PDP now but have had no dealings with any rtc and that is part of the PDP. I have two friends who are traffic officers who would be happy to take me out so i could get a bit more traffic type jobs under my belt, but understandingly can not take me out on fast roads. So was just wondering!
-
Guys, Whilst watching the latest Police Interceptors there appeared to be a Special Chief Inspector (3 bars on the shoulder) out in one of the TST Cars when they stopped the flatbed with the milkfloat on the back. Did anyone else notice? Does this mean we can go out with traffic (which I thought was a no no) and can we then attend fast road training?
-
Hi all I attended a open evening last nite, there were around 12 interested people there who listened to the presentation, asked questions, and took away the application packs and all seemed very keen to join up (one even completed the form before leaving) a very keen bunch !! But i have just been told that from now all special constabulary recruitment for essex police is on hold untill further notice !! No more applications will be accepted, and all people at last nights event are to be contacted and their applications put on hold, i guess there is going to be a lot of unhappy people out there, lets hope this is just a short term measure. Just checked on the esse…
-
All i am seeing on this board is how people have got on at there assessment centre? Why is it other forces are still holding/ recruiting for Specials?? Is Essex in serious financial difficulty, surely not that bad to stop recruitment when the rest of the counties seem to be still going through the process to get Specials I await the responses
-
Just wondered what the thoughts were on a Special Constable investing his hard earned pocket money on a patrol vest such as the one shown? Would he be stripped of it immediately as it is not standard issue uniform or permitted to wear it if he found it to be more comfortable, convenient and practical? Obviously if anyone knows if they are any good or not then please let us know.......and I will pass your comments on to the scoundrel who is contemplating it!
-
Hi, when i was younger, i had an accident playing football and broke my wrist. I had to have metal pins put in to correct the break. My wrist is now fully functional and i have full movement and strength in my wrist. But im not sure if i will be accepted becasue i still have the metal pins in my wrist. Please any suggestions.
-
Hi all just wondered if anyone heard anything about us getting new uniforms. I have heard a rumour that were getting black polo neck shirts like traffic arv etc. I find this hard to believe myself as Essex Police are suppose to be in finacial trouble at the minute. Just wondered if anyones also heard anything we are suppose to get new uniforms in August apparently. Thanks for reading
-
This section of the forum has been abit dead recently, where are all the fellow Essex officers hiding? I know recruitment has stopped but surely we can still banter even if it is about nothing!