Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Devon & Cornwall Police

 
 
  1. chris10
    Started by chris10,

    Would anyone be able to tell me if D&C operates a final interview after SEARCH? I've had a look on the force website and can't seem to find anything relating to a final interview but perhaps its because they leave it as a surprise?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. griffa2
    Started by griffa2,

    So then, its been going on for a while...... I'm surprised that there are no posts on this but hey ho.......so who has gone for it? Who is confident in getting past application then moving to assessment? There is talk that the PIRT has changed? Anyone know of any rumours? Any ideas on when you may hear back from the application? Good luck to all that have applied!!

    • 24 replies
    • 2k views
  3. Kznsa
    Started by Kznsa,

    Hi all, A longshot, just wondering if there was anyone who attended fitness test in January 2013 ,that are still waiting for vetting clearance confirmation & SC training dates ? feels like I've been waiting a life time since putting in my application beginning of 2012. Eager to get started.

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  4. Ghajery
    Started by Ghajery,

    Devon and Cornwall are currently recruiting regulars... They have written to the 100 candidates who were dropped a few years ago offering them a chance. All they have to do is final interviews and fitness as well (which are currently taking place)...no retake of the assesment centre. Takes the mic out of the current serving specials and PCSO's who are waiting to get it though.... :new_eyebrow: What I dont understand is how they dont have to retake any assesment centre, surely their results are way expired??

    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Exile771546081502
  5. Mike93
    Started by Mike93,

    Just wondering who's planning on applying at the beginning of next year, (JANUARY 2012) just created an account on here and would appreciate any response! Basically looking for people to talk to about it and for a running partner or anyone attending a club in the area..(running on my own is getting tedious) Cheers, Mike. EDIT: cant believe I got the year wrong... *Facepalm* Will be waiting for any replies still..

    • 31 replies
    • 4.4k views
  6. _HD_
    Started by _HD_,

    Hi, I have slightly red dyed hair and was wondering if I will need to dye it before I go to have my photo taken for my ID?

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  7. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Hi Can anyone just shed some light on the following matter. Yesterday at work, we had an incident which needed immediate police attention, as it was the railway and the BTP were unable to attend, D&C police were called. When they arrived, they said they were unable to arrest the assailants as they were not enough officers? (2 offenders and 2 officers). The offenders were VERY rude to the officers and seemed to know that they wouldn't be arrested. Is this standard practise? How many officers are needed to arrest 1 person???

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. CraigP
    Started by CraigP,

    Anyone any idea's when Devon and Cornwall will next be recruiting and will / are they only taking on specials and PCSO's? I'm currently a PC in the CNC so can't be a special or PCSO which it seems you need to be nowadays.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 4.2k views
  9. Jess_em
    Started by Jess_em,

    Hello All :D I thought I would make a post as it seems everything has gone a bit quiet on the D&C page So I shall start off by asking... What stage is everyone at at the moment: Are some of you waiting for your assessment day in May (good luck if you are!) Anyone heard when the next training dates are from the previous recruitment (I'm waiting on vetting at the moment !) Any specials thinking of applying for the regulars somewhere in the country (apart from obviously within D&C ) If anyone has anything else to say or ask questions!! From me who is very bored with clearly took much time on my hands Jess

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 9.1k views
  10. jlacy23
    Started by jlacy23,

    Hi Everyone, I hope everyone is well, has anyone been given training start dates after November? I know of November date but have no idea of anyone after then... Keep Safe :-)

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    Yeahduffman1546081096
  11. Locky
    Started by Locky,

    Anyone up HQ on the 21st October?

    • 0 replies
    • 913 views
  12. soontobesc1546081363
    Started by soontobesc1546081363,

    so after 18 months of waiting I finally start my training in just over two weeks .(20th July) Anyone else here on this intake? Anything I should take with me apart from a big bag for uniform and food?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. jlacy23
    Started by jlacy23,

    Hi All, Firstly I hope everyone that went to either day felt good about it... or if your anything like me, running through your answers thinking did you cover everything! etc Now due to what we signed, we can't exactly how we found certain areas and please just be vague. cheers all

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Locky
    Started by Locky,

    Recently found out (inside knowledge!) that depending on space I should be going for first assessment in October, passing that Jan-Mar 13 sometime for fitness again if space is available and passing that again depending on space start training Apr-Jun 13. If theres noe space available on these dates then have no idea when it all happens!!!!! I know it sounds a long time but im a bit glad to be honest as it gives me time to improve my fitness etc.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. jlacy23
    Started by jlacy23,

    Hi all, Did anybody want a lift to the assessment centre in the area of Helston, Falmouth or Truro? If so either email me on james@jameslacy.co.uk or message on here. Cheers and see you all soon!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.