Devon & Cornwall Police
227 topics in this forum
-
In view of the recent news with the budget cuts etc, I was wondering if anyone had any information/opinions as to the liklihood of this affecting the intake dates, as it has done in recent times and I believe that the latest cuts are more than ever? Cheers
-
I was just wondering out of curiousity, as I am one of these people, if anyone who applied in September 2008 and who requested either Exeter or Plymouth as a posting location has received a start date yet? I think the earliest start date given to someone who applied in September 2008 was given to someone posted to Torbay in November 2009 and since then, especially for the April and July 2010 intakes the number of people from that recruitment drive getting start dates is increasing but to the best of my knowledge no-one has been given either Exeter or Plymouth to date. I know they are probably the two most popular locations of choice but on the same token they have the h…
-
Sure we are all thinking the same.... any news or any gossip floating around regarding the suspected July intake? all gone very quiet on here! Maybe they are waiting on election results?
-
- 49 replies
- 3.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions as to the easiest/quickest way to get from Plymouth to Middlemoor and back at the beginning and end of the week? I'm looking to stay onsite during training (whenever that happens!) and currently the missus has the car for work (it's also a fiat panda with pink flowers on, not a good look for a bloke!) so I'm looking at alternative transport. When I had my fitness test I got a bus back from Middlemoor to the bus station and then a bus from there to Plymouth, but that meant a 3hr+ trip from Middlemoor to Plymouth, and that was during the day, minus traffic and when the buses are more regular. Is it quicker/easier to go via train? Any…
-
Just a quick question please for Mercutio and all of the other guys and girls either in D&C Police or going through their training at Middlemoor at the moment. Will the fact that D&C Police are recruiting Special Constables from 1st-30th June 2010, according to their website, affect the intake schedule as it currently stands at the moment for regular Police Constables i.e. July, September, November, January, February and March? I appreciate Special Constables aren't the same as regular Police Constables but could they be recruited to supplement what officers they already have and in effect reduce the need for the number of provisionally planned intakes to take p…
-
Hi I think its a bit crazy going for a new job without knowing basic things that will have a huge effect on both myself and my family, so a few questions about what its actually like working as an officer for D&C if anyone can help please? SHIFT PATTERNS Whats are the shift patterns for D&C and are they likely to change? any feedback on how you find them? OVERTIME Just had a great read on another site about typical shifts, and it seems quite frequent to finish anywhere upto 4 hours after the time you should have. Obviously you have to accept this and get on with it, but if it means you only have 5 or so hours until you start the next shift I can see this w…
-
- 8 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
In light of the March/April intake being confirmed and letters having been sent out I was just wondering whether this year would be likely to follow the pattern of last year in terms of intakes in particular months. We know from Mercutio that there are roughly 7-8 intakes planned for 2010 so would this year mirror last year in that respect? Has anyone also spoken with recruitment recently and found any additional information out concerning this. Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
-
- 141 replies
- 12.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Everyone Just wanted to get some opinion on residential training at Exeter and if anyone had had any good or bad experiences? A few questions:- Would you still stay if you lived about 30 minutes away, do you have to share rooms, can you access the internet via wifi, what’s the food like and are the facilities any good. Also, what’s the work load like throughout the day and do you have much homework to do in the evenings? Any info or opinions would be great. Thanks Presidentbush
-
I got another round of update forms from recruiting late last week, usual set with financial situation and sickness forms etc, think this is my third lot now. Anyone else get these? The cover letter just said its to keep my file up to date.
-
- 20 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm sure I wasn't the only one to see Spotlight lead yesterday with yet another D&C Police story that's been doing the rounds for up to nearly a year about Officers with 30 years of service being forced to take retirement under some 35 year old piece of never previously used legislation. Chances are they will become Civilian Investigaters immediately, which is beside the point, but would this mean in effect that there would be 'vacancies' for people on the waiting list for a start date if this were to happen? Has anyone also heard any new developments regarding the provisional intake schedule of April, July, September, November, January, February and March as the de…
-
Hi all, I was 3 days away from my fitness test, probably the fittest I've been, when my appendix burst and I was hospital bound until the day it was on, still recovering now. Rang the recruitment line as soon as I could after my op and explained to them the situation. The first time they said that they do fitness tests every few weeks or so, meaning I'd most likely have a fairly short wait, and they'd call me the next week. So, I waited, and midweek that next week I gave them a ring back, they're now saying there are no current dates set up, not any time soon, they'll contact me when there is. I was just wondering if there were any people who have to do retakes f…
-
- 2 replies
- 942 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just read this on another forum appears to be only rumour. Just wondering if anyone has any more information on this.
-
Hi All Might be a bit of a strange question this - but on the joining information you get they have: "All individuals joining the Police service must be registered with a GP, at a health centre/surgery local to their home. It may be advantageous to discuss with colleagues or neighbours which local facilities and personalities would suit individual circumstances, prior to GP registration." So, I've had a look and one of the GP's surgeries that I might be interested in is: Isca Medical Practice 6 Homefield Road Exeter Devon EX1 2QS Anyone got any views on them or another surgery you would recommend? Also, does anyone know a good dentist that has spaces available …
-
hi im haveing laser eye surery on the 16th march. if the next intake is 12th april, can i apply for this? i know its not the 6 weeks, but surely if i got through my eyesight test wouldnt be at the very beginning and 6 weeks would have passed by the time it comes around thanks for your help hanjp123
-
Just wondered if you knew when in April the intake is please Mr Mercutio? Is it a minimum of six or eight weeks notice as well as there seems to be a variation of opinion regarding how long they give you before you start at Middlemoor. Thanks.
-
- 40 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-