Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Devon & Cornwall Police

 
 
  1. specialm
    Started by specialm,

    Hi all I'm looking at renting when moving to Devon to join the job, but also considering buying a house/flat if possible. The issue is a low deposit so I'm interested in any keyworker or government backed schemes for first time buyers. I've had a look at the homebuy scheme quickly, but the government backed agent in Exeter (http://www.southwesthomes.org.uk/Data/ASPPages/1/30.aspx) doesn't seem to have that many properties (one when I did a search within my price range, and that had been sold). So my question is, does anyone know about / has anyone used a scheme such as home-buy or managed to get help with a deposit in the Devon area? I did work in Gabriel house many …

    • 3 replies
    • 839 views
  2. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Bought a pair of 5.11 ATAC Storms with side zip for £87. http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Fir...0:20501/I/12004 Got them from The Kit Shop, Fore Street, Exeter. They are extremely light and the side-zip looks sturdy. Tried on the much cheaper Bates version and they appeared more flimsy and less comfortable. The Kit Shop also stocked Lowa and Magnums. Lowa - too heavy - much more a rough terrain boot. MAgnums - the ones they had looked REALLY cheap and low quality.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. specialm
    Started by specialm,

    In the met specials I used to get free tube travel and the regulars would get overland services for a 70m radius round London - even when not on duty. The idea was that off-duty officers would then step in, or at least act as a professional witness should anything un-toward happen during their journey. I'm now doing some budgetting for when I move to Devon and was wondering if any such agreement operates between local operators and the D&C constabulary - anyone know? Ta very much

  4. alfie77
    Started by alfie77,

    Quick ones.. Is middlemoor a 50m or 25m pool how long is the test for day 2 (50 or 100)? I assume the preferred is front crawl but can / has anyone done breast stroke?

  5. dacsurban
    Started by dacsurban,

    Hi I have got my fitness on 27th jan. Can anyone who has just had theirs give a bit of an insight as to what to expect? Do you do the bleep test etc when you arrive or is it like the assessment day when you get split into groups to go and do different things? Did you find the bleep test hard? Also do you know if anyone failed? Do you find out on the day if you have passed everything? Sorry but its the final hurdle and want to be extra prepared, so any info would be apreciated. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 595 views
  6. dacsurban
    Started by dacsurban,

    I have got my fitness on 27th jan and wondered if anyone has some info regarding wait times for specific towns? I am told that if I pass the fitness, i have to name 3 choices of where i want to be stationed after middlemoor. Apparently, depending on when a vacancy comes up at your chosen station, it can determine when you start your training at middlemoor. I know that certain places such as plymouth and exeter seem to have a long wait time and so some people have been waiting 18 months to start their training at middlemoor. My neighbour who has been in a year now, did his fitness in the jan and started at middlemoor 2 months later as he put a not so popular town. I l…

  7. presidentbush
    Started by presidentbush,

    Hi, I have my fitness & medical shortly, so will hopefully move a little closer to a start date for my training with D&C Police. In my initial application I listed Plymouth City Centre a my chosen place of work, but would be interested to hear thoughts on whether it would be better to be at a rural station such as Callington or Saltash or be in a city centre environment. I felt you would learn far more in a city as more crime takes place, although I have also been told that some of the experienced officers move to the rural stations later in their careers, so could benefit from their years in the job. Any advice or thoughts would be great. Cheers PGWB

    spider1546620298
  8. presidentbush
    Started by presidentbush,

    Hi Everyone, I'm due to have my fitness & medical on Thursday at Middlemoor, but due to the bad weather looks like i won't be able to get there. I was planning to travel up the night before but looks like the snow & ice has put an end to that. I phoned HQ today as i had to cancel my hotel room or lose £60, but they said they would phone everyone tomorrow to advise whats going to happen. With Holden hill being closed and the amount of snow around Exeter & the South West i would be very surprised if it goes ahead as the advice from the Police is not to travel unless an emergency & everyone would have a very early start on Thursday morning. Has this ever…

    • 2 replies
    • 647 views
  9. Teddy Bing Bong

    I had a look on the Devon & Cornwall Police website today to see whether any new information regarding recruitment had been added and came across this. Special constables work alongside regular officers to deal with local policing issues and help prevent crime and disorder. They play a crucial role in forging stronger links between the police and the community. We will be accepting applications for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, and Plymouth between 4th - 23rd January 2010 for an intake in April 2010. Applications for Devon will begin in April for an intake in July 2010 Applications will be accepted in the month proceeding this period. Look out for further deta…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
    jemz1546620088
  10. Teddy Bing Bong
    Started by Teddy Bing Bong,

    As the D&C thread has gone a bit quiet recently I was wondering if any people going through the various (and numerous) stages, of the recruitment process had heard of any new developments or had any recent contact with the recruitment department lately?

    Teddy Bing Bong
  11. presidentbush
    Started by presidentbush,

    Hi I'm attending my fitness & medical for D&C Police on the 14th Jan 2010 and would like some advice on what to wear on the day. I have been reading through the forums and there seems to be different ideas on what is appropriate. Some say suits, some say smart casual and others say they have turned up in their sports kit. I was planning to wear a suit as i feel it is still a interview situation, but dont want to be over dressed if others are turning up in their sports kit. Are there any other people using this forum due to be there on the 14th Jan??? Merry Christmas

    • 7 replies
    • 973 views
  12. DCT1546620549
    Started by DCT1546620549,

    I'm seriously interested in joining the Devon and Cornwall Police as a PC, and I've been looking for some volunteer work as I want to help the community and I found this on the D&C website http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/GetInv...es/default.aspx Does anyone here know (beyond the website description) what the volunteering involves and is anyone here involved in the scheme? Also, it states over 16, this does mean age 17 & over right?

    • 4 replies
    • 849 views
  13. specialm
    Started by specialm,

    Open question for people joining and those in the force already - why you join? I'm nicking the Q from another thread so feel free to answer here or on the thread below but post here if you post on the forum below cos I'm interested to see the motivation for local officers. Post here though if you want to say why you specifically chose the south west? Is it just cos you live in westcountry or is there some other attraction? http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37585 Cheers all M

  14. Teddy Bing Bong
    Started by Teddy Bing Bong,

    Just a quick question for the likes of Mercutio, Al Pachino etc currently training/based in and around Middlemoor. As there has to be 6-8 weeks notice of starting training given has there been any talk up there of invites being sent out before Christmas? March intake letters I imagine would be sent some time in January 2010.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. specialm
    Started by specialm,

    Just read this topic - http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?...mp;#entry415678 Anyone got inside info on how this will affect frontline officer numbers in D&C? I'd assume the wait to join is going to just get longer. :-(

    • 0 replies
    • 655 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.