Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Devon & Cornwall Police

 
 
  1. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Just a reminder... Free Weekend for NHS + blue light Fri 20 - sun 22 nov Eden wouldn’t be the success that it is without the invaluable support of our local friends. That’s why we run special offers for locals from time to time, but this winter we’re also encouraging local community groups to come and experience our ice rink and also to see how we’ve changed since you last came. So… we’d like to invite you to come and visit us with your family FREE on the weekend of 20 - 22 November! • FREE entry for you and your family • £5 annual entry upgrade option • £5 per skate You’ll need some proof of employment with the NHS/ Emergency services…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Title says it all.

  3. dacsurban
    Started by dacsurban,

    Has anyone had their letter yet to say that they are going to the next assessment date at middlemoor? I spoke to recruitment a week ago and they said the letters would be going out over the next week. The next date is around oct/nov. I sent my completed application forms back in oct 2008 and was told i would be going to an assessment centre, buy Im still waiting. Recriutment have said i have cleared all background checks etc and am literally just waiting for an assessment date, which i suppose is better than some applicants who are still in the checking process. Would love to hear if anone knows a definate date or has got their letter yet.

    • 13 replies
    • 2.1k views
  4. alfie77
    Started by alfie77,

    Hi, I know vetting is "ongoing" but I was under the assumption that background checks were done at the start of the process for D&C as not only did recruitment tell me they were doing my "background enquiries" but I could also see an entry on my credit file from the police etc. So now that i have passed my AC (Hooray!) I have a nice big Security questionnaire to complete which asks pretty much the same questions about you/your parents that were on the original application form. My questions are... 1) Is background enquiries the same as vetting? 2) Have I been vetted along with my family members already ? 3) Although I know vetting is ongoing, I thought I had got…

    • 0 replies
    • 708 views
  5. cptcuddles1546620516
    Started by cptcuddles1546620516,

    Had a letter this morning to point out that currently they are only replacing PCSO's that leave but there are planned intakes for 4th January and 29th March.

    • 0 replies
    • 582 views
    cptcuddles1546620516
  6. Teddy Bing Bong
    Started by Teddy Bing Bong,

    As the title suggests does being a PCSO give you a leg up in terms of the application process having already passed the assessment centre stage or can it be a disadvantage as someone will have to be employed to backfill that position? A friend of mine is a PCSO, I am a civilian. We both applied in October 2008 but I've already received my acceptance letter and he is awaiting the results of his October 2009 assessment centre. Assuming he passes it and goes on to receive his acceptance letter following the fitness, medical, vetting stages etc would he be more likely to be called forward first having already been a PCSO? Any responses will be greatly appreciated as it's …

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
    sykes1545925530
  7. dacsurban

    Does anyone know if there is another stage which you could fail at after you have done the assessment and passed the fitness and medical? I read on the avon and somerset forum that some people fail the final interview after passing everything else. Does D+C have a final interview or is it basically all done once you have passed ac and fitness?

    • 1 reply
    • 741 views
  8. dacsurban
    Started by dacsurban,

    If you were at the assessment centre at exeter last sunday 11th, How do you think you did? I got 59% 4 years ago so I am really hoping Ive done better this time. I am so excited waiting for the results letter to come, I cant bear the wait. I have heard that the pass mark has been lowered a bit, Has anyone else heard that?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. cptcuddles
    Started by cptcuddles,

    Hi Can anyone advise what the lifesaving course entails and what happens if you fail. Passed medical and fitness for PCSO and now just waiting for vetting and a start date. Swimming is not my best thing so I am trying to get as much practice as possible at the moment.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. Teddy Bing Bong
    Started by Teddy Bing Bong,

    Hi Mercutio, Al Pachino, et al. Have there been any more developments in regards to when in October the intake will be taking place and the subsequent letters sent out? Any news will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Teddy Bing Bong
    Started by Teddy Bing Bong,

    I phoned the recruitment department today with a change of personal details and was told that the November intake WILL now be going ahead this year. Unfortunately for me I was also told that I'm not on it as I'm quite far down the waiting list. Does anyone know what this means in real terms as I applied in September 2008, had my assessment centre in March 2009 and had my fitness test, medical and uniform fitting in April 2009. I'm expecting to be out out of a job come June/July 2010 so should I be prepared not to have heard anything by then? The fact that there are people still waiting from the September 2007 campaign is very ominous as is the fact that there is anoth…

  12. Teddy Bing Bong
    Started by Teddy Bing Bong,

    As the title suggests is there a November intake this year as a poster on the previous topic has received a letter suggesting there may be one? Anyone currently training at Middlemoor heard anything concerning this, or when the next one following October is likely to be please?

  13. Teddy Bing Bong
    Started by Teddy Bing Bong,

    Just out of curiousity Mercutio, Sporticus et al. When you were going through your training were you with people who were posted to the same posting area e.g. Exeter and Plymouth only for example or was there quite a geographical mix?

  14. Teddy Bing Bong
    Started by Teddy Bing Bong,

    Has anyone heard whether they are on the October intake as I've heard from a friend today that a PCSO that they know is on it. I thought letters went out 8 weeks before the start date but if what I've been told is correct they have already been sent. Anyone else received a letter confirming an October 2009 start?

    sporticus1546620146
  15. andydalziel
    Started by andydalziel,

    Just looked on Devon and Cornwall's website to see if they are issuing application packs (for police officers), as they said possibly April, but they now say the next time it will be reviewed will be September. I kind of expected it, as people on here have said that they usually recruit in September or October. What I want to know is, come September are they likely to postpone for another 6 months or do they generally take on a new batch of recruits each year? Do many forces go more than a year without issuing application packs? :sad:

    • 7 replies
    • 949 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.