Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. Smeders
    Started by Smeders,

    Private wheel clamping to be banned Published: Tuesday, 10 July 2012 Wheel clamping without lawful authority will be banned in England and Wales from 1 October 2012, with anyone breaking the law facing criminal charges and a fine. Ban on wheel clamping without lawful authority Once the ban comes into force on 1 October 2012, it will be illegal to clamp, tow away or immobilise a vehicle without lawful authority to do so. Anyone who breaks the law will face criminal charges and a fine if convicted. In effect, this will ban most clamping and towing by anyone other than the police, local authorities, government agencies such as the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Aut…

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 3k views
    Onlyme20081546081114
  2. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...gland/cornwall/ Nice story in what the officers a doing and hope more join in .

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 572 views
    Member of public 1 +
  3. Crav83
    Started by Crav83,

    Hello, first time poster Can anyone advise or suggest any sites to visit re possible transfers/secondments to forces such as Bermuda/Gibraltar/Falklands/Caymans etc Im a serving officer with nearly 9 years service. Ive always had a interest in going to one of the forces mentioned, even if it was just for a few years for the experience Ive seen the odd advert for Caymans and St Helena on here in the past Can anyone advise? Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 6.9k views
  4. i-plod

    Tom Daley Twitter abuse: Police arrest boy in Weymouth Daley and Waterfield came fourth in the event A teenager has been arrested by police investigating abuse of Team GB diver Tom Daley on Twitter. After coming fourth in the men's synchronised 10m platform diving event on Monday, the 18-year-old received a message telling him he had let down his father. Daley's father Rob died in May 2011 from brain cancer. A 17-year-old boy was arrested at a guest house in the Weymouth area on suspicion of malicious communications. Daley responded to the tweet by posting: "After giving it my all...you get idiot's sending me this..." The user later posted a tweet apologising for…

      • Like
    • 77 replies
    • 4.5k views
  5. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Here we go again: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19138754

    • 12 replies
    • 818 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  6. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-19111720 Days never hope come back.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
    Member of public 1 +
  7. TROOPER85551546080995
    Started by TROOPER85551546080995,

    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/senator-mortified-after-car-seized-for-having-no-tax-3188765.html senator Fidelma Healy Eames has admitted she was "completely in the wrong" for failing to tax her car. The Galway senator apologised to gardai and to the public for the incident which happened in early July during the Volvo Ocean Race. Her comments followed revelations that the red Mercedes car was seized by gardai last month for failing to display a current tax disc. The Galway senator, who has hit the headlines for a number of issues including being fined for boarding a train without a ticket, said she had been hit by a "tsunami" of events in the past month. …

    • 4 replies
    • 582 views
  8. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Wonder if anyone can advise. In my day job I work on several security cleared projects for MOD, various Police Forces and other government agencies. I keep having to fill in very long security checks as every account seems to require a slightly different check.But the detail on all of them is more or less the same, so I end up repeating myself a lot... I was wondering if there was any sort of over-riding clearance I could get that satisfies all the others and I can just send them proof of that one? Or at least if someone in the know could explain the differences?

    • 2 replies
    • 481 views
  9. Sergey
    Started by Sergey,

    Hi all! I am leitenant police Kiev, Ukraine. I the first on you forum. Maybe somebody are russian or know russian?

    • 2 replies
    • 6k views
  10. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,

    Source: Personally I'm shocked this hasn't reached the BBC yet...

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Airflow
    Started by Airflow,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2179572/Night-shifts-raise-risk-heart-attacks-strokes-40-cent.html I know it's the daily fail, but i can see a lot of truth in it. How many retired bobbies last a long time after they retire? Not many that i know of. I personally think this is a huge problem, and very little is done to lessen the burden of shift work on the body. The sooner working nights becomes illegal, the better :lol: :lol:

    • 7 replies
    • 610 views
    Milankovitch +
  12. pottheed
    Started by pottheed,

    I have been riding bikes since I was 16 years old, so nearly 5 years and am full of confidence. I had recently got a new bike not brand new but new to me! A Suzuki gsx600f which is my pride and joy and my first over 125cc bike. Being young you have a feeling of invincibility like nothing could touch you, even though I have been to serious and fatal accidents through the police where the victims were young I still thought I was very unlikely or never going to happen to me. It was a day like any other; I left work at 5pm for the 10 mile commute. When I was about quarter of a mile from home I went round a corner. Dry conditions good visibility in a 30 limit in a residential…

    • 5 replies
    • 692 views
  13. Radman
    Started by Radman +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18889902 Words escape me...

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
    ChrisWork1546081343
  14. Milankovitch
    Started by Milankovitch +,

    I hope a bill is passed soon. I find it disappointing that some of my fellow Christians cannot see biblical comments about homosexuality for what they are: outdated relics of a time when people did not understand what homosexuality was.

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Global warming hey? Given that it's now July and it's rained every day since March, what do you say now?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.