Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9555 topics in this forum
-
Just type in anything http://www.britishpathe.com/index.php
-
Video: 01:22 - action etc Thought it was worth sharing - personally I did find myself thinking "what a waste of time" - but apparently it's due to escalate into a 'viral video' (who knows, I doubt it).
-
http://news.sky.com/story/999526/firefighters-kick-saves-two-year-old-child On my phone so I can't post the full story. Watch the video. It's certainly an unconventional solution to the problem...
-
http://www.telegraph...els-street.html Exclusive: Nicholas Mockford, a British executive for the oil company ExxonMobil has been shot dead in front of his wife in an assassination-style killing in Brussels. Belgian police have imposed a news blackout after Nicholas Mockford, 60, was shot as he left an Italian restaurant in Neder-over-Heembeek, a suburb of the capital. The executive was shot three times, once as he lay on the ground, after leaving the Da Marcello restaurant in Rue de Beyseghem at around 10pm on Oct 14. His wife, Mary, was left beaten and covered in blood. Mr Mockford died on the way to hospital. Witnesses said they saw the couple walk across the str…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20044862 So you spend 40-50 years working for your pension, and when you finally retire.... you have to go and work to get your pension or else lose some of it. Unless of course you're a Lord and so minted you don't need to worry about the State pension. This is absolutely disgusting.
-
I've had a bit of a chuckle reading through the following news story. I guess BTP must have a busy time catching these naughty sticker people :new_sneaky2: Link only: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19858746
-
Saw this on YouTube and thought the ideas put forward might be of interest to some of you
-
Is this a crime in E&W now with the squatting law even though the door was unlocked? I know it is a crime in Scotland. The video is on The Sun Website so click the above link P.s. it's on twitter as #sexgate if anyone wants a look...
-
Continued here. I'll be amazed if the defence don't win this.
-
This story is so bizarre, it defies belief: Link only: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/10/22/halloween-costume-girl-shot.html?cmp=rss
-
So on BBC2 there is program about the Trump development neear Aberdeen. Now I know there is bias here and that we're only seeing a very narrow view of one side of the story, however it does seem that the impartiality of the Police is being called into question. It's naive to think that someone like Donald Trump doesn't exert extensive influence, especially where the Scottish Government overrules local planning. The question comes up, how much influence does he have over the Police? For such a controversial development just being deployed has potential ramifications to how the Police are perceived but also on the impact that local residents over small issues can be pro…
-
"Well, I’m not sure about Scotland, where they’ve always done things differently. But at the time of my childish display, it certainly wasn’t an offence in England to show disrespect to the boys in blue. Indeed, even if I’d called my tormentor something seriously rude — a ‘f******’ pleb, to pluck a random example from the air (although I swear I’d never say anything as prattish as that) — I should have had nothing to fear." He's obviously never heard of....
-
http://www.itv.com/n...t-class-ticket/ Don't forget, "We're all in this together" LOL (In case George's boss reads this, that's Laugh Out Loud, not Lots Of Love)
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-20013244 aaand a picture of the happy couple....
-
BNP leader Nick Griffin posts address of B&B case gay couple online Griffin uses Twitter to say 'A British Justice team will come ... & give you a bit of drama ... Say No to heterophobia!' Police in Cambridgeshire have said they are investigating complaints made after the leader of the far-right British National Party, Nick Griffin, posted the address of a gay couple on the internet and appeared to urge his supporters to demonstrate outside their home. Michael Black, 64, and John Morgan, 59, a co-habiting couple from Brampton, Cambridgeshire, had found out earlier on Thursday that they had won their highly-publicised civil case against a Christian bed and break…