Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Hayley87
    Started by Hayley87,

    Hello, I'm at the very beginning of my application to Police Scotland and would like access to be able to discuss relevant topics & gain advice from those that have had the experience. Thank you Hayley

    • 1 reply
    • 355 views
  2. East1991
    Started by East1991,

    Hi everyone, I've just started so go easy on me. So I've had my day1 and day2 for the met police and I'm at the vetting stage, but I have a few questions if someone could help me. I'm a met police second language scheme applicant. So I've sent in my vetting form in, but made a few mistakes about previous addresses and forgot to declare family involvement with police. I emailed them as soon as I realised I made the mistake. I know what you're thinking, how did I forget such information. Well my wife's pregnant and it's our first baby and we have had some complications, so taking her here there and everywhere I did not find the time to complete the vetting form as thorough …

  3. Peteman73
    Started by Peteman73,

    Hi, new member her and believe i have to post in here before being able to access the board. A little introduction, i am 42 and from the north west area, male and awaiting certain elements to happen before being accepted for Merseyside Police. I am ex Royal Navy, Prison Officer at Wormwood Scrubs and currently work in a secure childrens home which i enjoy doing. Hopefully i will be formally accepted in to Merpol and starta career i have wanted to do since being a nipper, bar being a striker for Liverpool FC :)

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 507 views
  4. declanmc
    Started by declanmc * ,

    Hi, I'm Declan, 24 from Leicester, and I'm in the process of joining the Leicestershire specials.

    • 2 replies
    • 47 views
  5. Chief Rat

    Hello Matt On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 68 views
  6. Chief Rat

    Hello joaot1997 On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 67 views
  7. Buttons24
    Started by Buttons24,

    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but found you all answered a lot of my questions when filling out my application form for the police. I have one question which I can't seem to find the answer to, if someone can help? I know you have the probation period for 2 years & then after you can be accepted into other roles within police Scotland but my question is - is this actually possible? To do your 2 year probation "on the beat" & possibly be moved to CID or other departments quite quickly after your probation period? As much as I cannot wait to hopefully be a police officer one day, I also would like to progress within the police but have heard it can take years …

  8. MarkRunner
    Started by MarkRunner * ,

    Hi my names mark going to be re-applying soon got all the way to accessment centre last time round looking forward to getting to know you all Kind regards Mark

    • 1 reply
    • 106 views
  9. stu_1332
    Started by stu_1332 * ,

    Hi, registered after reading some interesting posts on the forum. looking to join a couple of the groups. I'm a serving officer in Scotland, 2 years service - any questions from probationers on the new course, more than welcome.

    • 1 reply
    • 34 views
  10. Chief Rat

    Hello ConStable On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 79 views
  11. Cb1882
    Started by Cb1882 +,

    Hi! I am currently going through the recruitment process to join police force Scotland in the East command region. Looking to get some advice on moving forward. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 160 views
  12. Chief Rat

    Hello Nuhral Gasant On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 380 views
  13. Chief Rat

    Hello Alfie On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 82 views
  14. Kent123456
    Started by Kent123456 * ,

    Hello Everyone, Just thought I would introduce myself very quickly, I am due to start my Special Constabulary training on the 18th June 2016 for Kent Police. I've been reading the police specials forums for some time now and have found some useful information, So I thought why not make an account as it may come in handy from time to time for me to post topics. Hope everyone's well and may speak to a few of you on the job in the future who knows. Regards

    • 7 replies
    • 72 views
  15. Chief Rat

    Hello Simmy On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 0 replies
    • 38 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.