UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21296 topics in this forum
-
Click I guess next down the pipeline is kids being barred from doing household chores
-
-
- 9 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17887153 Good wishes for a speedy recovery.
-
- 4 replies
- 977 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136983/British-Olympic-Association-loses-battle-ban-drug-cheats-Games-clearing-way-Dwain-Chambers-compete.html To me it seems unacceptable that athletes who have been proven to have used drugs are permitted to represent their country at the Olympics - or am I being unrealistic and unreasonable?
-
- 6 replies
- 866 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Assistant Chief Constable Mark Milsom, of West Yorkshire Police, said: "An off-duty officer travelling to work this morning saw a man fitting the description of James Allen on Crown Point Road in Leeds. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17885669 Well done to the off duty officer...
-
-
- 28 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Criminal+Justice/2012/Apr/27/Officer-Sacked-For-Deliberate-Neglect-Of-Duty_47782.html I have a suspicion that she would not have been the only one, and if everyone stopped doing this tomorrow crime would probably double. Hypothetically (obviously), if a geographic inspector told the town's supermarkets not to report any thefts under £10, what do you think that would do to the crime figures? Old Copper, this post is for you!
-
-
- 31 replies
- 3.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17869815 Sky are reporting that the bloke has an issue because he wasn't given an HGV licence.............if that's true then I can't see that this is going to help much.............
-
Just announced on the news. Good job this officer hadn't lost his warranted powers eh? Or will they be expecting PCSOs and G4S guards to start locking up for murder, come Winsor 2?
-
- 1 reply
- 639 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17843690 So the IPCC want more powers to investigate matters within their remit. Perhaps if police officers had confidence that the IPCC were truly independent then there wouldn't be an issue. Stafford Scott, who seems to be the liaison between the IPCC and the Duggan family, comes across as reasonable in the brief quotes attributed to him, but has also completely missed the point regarding this issue. He wants the police to be treated the same as the public and sems to think they are not. Well, Mr Scott, you are absolutely right they are not. Police officers can be required to make statements but not be interviewed, members of the publ…
-
I was interested to read in Inspector Gadget's excellent blog from Ruralshire (uncannily like my force area), that none of the police stations flew flags on St George's Day, despite flying the rainbow LGBT flag at HQ recently (makes me think even more it's my force.) There was criticism in the local press that one of our nicks failed to fly the flag on April 23rd. The official response? That said nick has been condemned by Health and Safety as unfit for purpose and it is not safe to go on the roof to raise the flag! These points happen to be true, though nobody has asked how the five response teams, NHPT and various police staff who still work in this building feel about…
-
- 1 reply
- 508 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was interested to read in Inspector Gadget's excellent blog from Ruralshire (uncannily like my force area), that none of the police stations flew flags on St George's Day, despite flying the rainbow LGBT flag at HQ recently (makes me think even more it's my force.) There was criticism in the local press that one of our nicks failed to fly the flag on April 23rd. The official response? That said nick has been condemned by Health and Safety as unfit for purpose and it is not safe to go on the roof to raise the flag! These points happen to be true, though nobody has asked how the five response teams, NHPT and various police staff who still work in this building feel about…
-
Tom Winsor’s controversial review of police pay and conditions is likely to be among the issues topping the agenda when the Home Secretary appears before MPs. It has been confirmed that Theresa May will provide an update on a raft of issues to the Home Affairs Select Committee on Tuesday April 24 as a critical time approaches for UK security. http://policeoracle.com/news/Crime/2012/Apr/23/Home-Sec-Faces-Grilling-On-Winsor_47562.html Do we get to see her squirm?
-
A uniform which combines the name of a police force with a private company logo is being worn by police staff for what is believed to be the first time. The beginning of the end I fear.
-
We have received the below on an email from one of our serving officers. Please read- we think that it's is a really well written and emotive reflection. Please let us know what you think. "I hold the office of constable. It was hard to get and has been difficult at times to keep, but I am as proud today to call myself a police officer as I was on the day I attested. Fortunately, I am much better at what I do now than I was then and those mistakes and that experience were hard-won. I have paid the price in sleepless nights, adrenaline and fear, as well as standing apart from my family and friends who did not and could not understand the changes in me. I do not compl…
-
Devon and Cornwall suffered one of the worst surges in crime in the country as the force slashed more than 100 police officers, latest official figures show. The Crime Survey for England and Wales – regarded as the most accurate indicator of crime levels – revealed that Devon and Cornwall was among only a handful of forces nationally to see crime rates rise. http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/Crime-rises-Devon-Cornwall-police-cuts-hit/story-15864528-detail/story.html This home secretary has a lot to answer for.
-
Anyone seen this in today's papers?!!