UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21296 topics in this forum
-
Still breaking... - BBC News - ITV News I will post up more as I find it - if anyone else has any further details, stick them up please.
-
Imagine a few officers will be feeling a bit red faced reading this. :lol:
-
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/05/16/port-of-liverpool-police-fear-job-losses-amid-restructuring-plans-100252-30978203/ I know a few people on here, in the past have asked about the Port of Liverpool Police. Its seems Peel Ports is seeking their own 'reforms'
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18091338# This woman is wrong to say what she has said.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/ali-dizaei-the-copper-who-refuses-to-go-quietly-7542332.html
-
With some of the puzzling decisions made to reject people for failing vetting, it seems strange that this one slipped through the net. I would have thought it would have red flagged as you have to explain on the initial application form any long periods outside the country
-
BBC News on 15/05/2012 - http://www.bbc.co.uk...dorset-18077704 ... see link for more
-
There goes the sections brand new ford focus..... :new_sorry: One thing to note was a quote from the driver stating But from another source and witness states Hopefuly the investigation brings to light nothing untoward and both officers are ok, I work from this section and the junction is open with good visability from the main road, and the side road, As usual though the van-man making presumptions of different parameters of the police vehicles behaviour... One thing for sure is that our new vehicles and the lightbars, and ghrilles are the brightest they have even been! along with the three tone sirens being the loudest yet! http://www.thecourie...gency-call.…
-
Members of the PCS union will take to streets of London to protest at government policy. http://policeoracle.com/news/Uniformed+Operations/2012/Apr/23/Met-Staff-To-Strike-On-Fed-Day-Of-Action_47535.html Will you be coming. I will be there, you can hunt me down by looking for a placard that says. 1 ) FULL CONFIDENCE IN @GMPBLACKLEY 2) #ANTI WINSOR NETWORK https://www.facebook.com/events/372640756092611/ It has been confirmed that the Police Federation of England & Wales will be holding a protest march in central London on Thursday 10th May 2012 - mustering from 10.30am at Millbank for 12.00noon start. The route will pass the Home Office, the Houses of Parliamen…
-
-
- 35 replies
- 2.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
From the Telegraph: An interesting history of the Public Order Acts from their inception in 1936 to stop Blackshirts screaming abuse at Jews to the 1986 update aimed at curbing football hooliganism. It manages to namecheck the recent (and I think mostly covered on here) better noirs - various Christians charged, the student who told a mounted officer their horse way gay. I'm slightly surprised at the 18,000 S5 charges in 2009. I would imagine it being higher - perhaps that doesn't include tickets? In my opinion it appears to be a little bit a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There are times when these kind of charges are needed, but at the same time …
-
One of the weakest endorsements I have ever read but an endorsement nonetheless.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-tees-18032806 (warning: contains disturbing video)
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-18019495 More bad press for the METofficers again.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17691669 Not good if hackers have done this and posted it on YouTube.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...tshire-12860235