UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/5698062/Burglar-left-bruised-and-bleeding-by-retired-boxer-72.html - Well done old chap, looks as if he got a good thrashing. I'm rather surprised the 72 year old didn't get arrested for excessive force, thats what usually happens in the uk, the Judge got it right, ''You got what you deserved''.
-
Oh dear, oh dear. Why did he have access to the keys of this vehicle? Why don't they issue volunteers with a very different uniform to that of firemen (the two are virtually identical)? Why don't GMFRS issue a totally different identity card to volunteers to make it clear that they're not firemen? He had smoke detectors at home, big deal. If they couldn't prove theft, that should be the end of the matter. Just another sad little individual who will now never get into the real fire service.
-
I remember posting the original story on this forum although I can't locate it. So it appears that the offender is mentally defective (as was suggested by a poster) and the brigade are looking at the issue of 'identical' uniform. Whilst some forum members agreed with the uniform it appears that this concern has been raised previously by those employed by GMFRS and the brigade have failed to act. Any identity cards issued to their volunteers need to be much clearer - perhaps even to the extent of saying "This is NOT a warrant card" or words to that effect ["This person is NOT a fire-fighter"]. Their vehicle monitoring protocol seems to be ineffective as well; why allow …
-
Groundbreaking Winsford police scheme to get county-wide roll out A PIONEERING police partnership in Winsford will be rolled out across Cheshire after proving successful in dealing with the root cause of emergency call-outs. Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) Inspector, Dave Snasdell teamed up with friend and police support volunteer, Brian Beswick, to make sure people in the community get the support they need. Now, when Winsford NPT officers respond to calls, they assess if the people involved would benefit from help and support from Dene Drive based mental health charity, Mid Cheshire Mind. Insp Snasdell explained: “The police are usually the first service that deals…
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2385085/Steward-trampled-police-horse-Preston-victory-Blackpool-Deepdale.html Don't know how to do all the fancy stuff.
-
Does ANYONE here believe that Cameron would give the people the EU IN/OUT referendum he promised for 2017? He reneged on the last promise he made: Of course, if he gets into power, he will do everything he can to wriggle out of it, unless he is supremely confident that the result will go the way he wants. He will lie about what he has "renegotiated" tp persuade the public, just as Heath lied in 1975 when he assured us that the EEC was simply "a free trade area" with additional benefits. If the worst happens and he has to hold the referendum, and he loses the vote, he is not bound by the result. A few days ago, he told the Spanish newspaper El Pais that h…
-
Tom Clarke’s 87th-minute winner for Preston against bitter rivals Blackpool sparked ugly scenes which ended with a steward being trampled by two police horses and taken to hospital. The Lancashire derby atmosphere boiled over when hundreds of home supporters flooded the Deepdale pitch at the final whistle. Simon Grayson’s side had booked their place into the Capital One Cup second round, but the significance of beating Blackpool in the first meeting for over three years became too much for some. A Preston spokesman said: ‘A steward was injured by a police horse. He suffered damage to his shoulder and has gone for an X-ray.’ Scroll down for video Ugly scene…
-
Police have arrested two teenagers in Gloucester on suspicion of stealing a swan after videos of the alleged theft appeared on social networking websites. Videos appearing to show a swan being dragged from a pond prompted a police investigation Credit: Barry Batchelor/PA Archive/Press Association Images Police began investigating after a local newspaper, the Gloucester Citizen, uncovered videos which appeared to show a "swan being dragged out of a lake by its neck". Other videos seemed to depict a "duck being left to writhe around in a sports bag", the newspaper reports. Two 16-year-old boys suspected of committing offences under the Wildlife Act have been bailed to a…
-
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-08-06/police-arrest-teenagers-suspected-to-stealing-a-swan/ Apparently this is part of a new craze known as 'duck nabbing'. I just can't believe people will do things like this. It seems to me that just when I think the pit of human stupidity has been reached, people start to dig.
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381897/Baroness-Doreen-Stephen-Lawrences-mother-gets-peerage-20-years-racist-murder-son.html As much as I feel sorry for the Lawrence family for the loss of their son and the turmoil that has surrounded the case for many years, I am somewhat at a loss to understand what justifies appointing Mrs Lawrence as a Baroness. I guess I am a cynic but I cannot help but think it is simply some form of politicking by Ed Milliband (who recommended the honour) as she will be a "working Labour peer" - whatever that might be?
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-20565692
-
Not sure if this is better in here of in Real World Source: Sky News
-
The Met Police has apologised to the family of Ian Tomlinson and reached an out-of-court settlement over his death at the G20 protests in London in 2009. The force apologised "unreservedly" for the "excessive and unlawful force" used by one of its officers. Mr Tomlinson had been walking home when he was struck with a baton and pushed to the ground by then-PC Simon Harwood. His widow, Julia, said the apology was "as close as we are going to get to justice". She also said the family could "finally start looking to the future again". Mr Tomlinson's widow and seven of his children and step-children had pursued the compensation claim. The amount will remain confidential. …
-
Evening all I have today received the devastating news that my appeal against a caution for Affray 13 years ago has been rejected by vetting at Scotland Yard. I'm currently a PCSO working for the met police. I entered the selection process at the paper sift stage closely followed by a day one assessment and finally the fitness and substance misuses test, to which I passed all with flying colours. Whilst this was all going on I also had to attended a law course on my days off at the price of £1000, of my own money, and work 10hour shifts at work. I then suddenly get an email thanking me for my interest in joining the met as a police constable but my application has been …
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2380142/My-shocking-illness-Home-Secretary-Theresa-May-reveals-Type-1-diabetes-needs-daily-injections--vows-continue-political-career.html - What is she after, a big pile of sympathy, or what. Being a cynical 'old git' I'm more inclined to think she is after more publicity in her bid to become the next PM when Cameron leaves the scene. There was no need to tell the world that she has an illness that thousands of other people also have, but they don't shout about it from the roof tops. I am genuinely sorry she has this illness because |I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even Ms Malfoy, but I see a hidden agenda behind the…