UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
The home secretary has said she will speak to Parliament soon about how police in England and Wales can improve the way they handle domestic violence. Theresa May has been in talks with Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC), which assesses the police, about possible improvements. In a BBC interview, she said there were still too many women being abused. Mrs May also said too many young men - and even some young women - thought violence in a relationship was normal. She told BBC Radio 4's the World at One she had been talking to HMIC "about them looking into this whole question of police response". "I would intend to be making a formal announcement on this…
-
Hi, I attended a meeting last night where I was informed that the much beloved fixed penalty tickets for traffic offences are being done away with as of the 1st of April - question is has anybody heard of this I really cannot believe that we are going to have to start spending precious days going to court. I accept that someone somewhere will be making a lot of money out of this, but was this what the government meant by reducing paperwork for police; if so I so look forward to all those files of reporting people for consideration of prosecution. Anyone with any knowledge please let me know as this would be an interesting turn of events cheers
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-23825696 More info on the 'scheme' from our favourite newspaper; DM. What I find disturbing about this scheme, is that these Response Investigators start on a higher salary than many new officers throughout the country.
-
source Wonderful, more soft sentencing.
-
Link to original article: http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2013-08-28/police-ridicule-phone-battery-charging-999-myth/ What kind of planks would think that and even put it in practice wasting emergency services time. I guess these are the same ones always looking after the latest model when clearly 2 tins and a string would suffice for them. Meh.
-
The PCC has told T/CC Hyde to retire or resign despite being cleared. Look at the comments from the general public, it's refreshing to see people actually supporting the police! http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/cumbria-s-chief-constable-to-be-asked-to-retire-or-resign-1.1080428
-
PUTTING your life on the line as member of the police force is not for the faint-hearted. But Greater Manchester Police’s longest ever serving special constable Linden Riley has enjoyed every minute of the 45 years he has given to his community. Mr Riley, aged 66, from Bolton, was inspired to work as a special constable after a fending off would-be attackers when he was walking home. He said: “I was about 18 or 19 and two men stopped me and asked for a light for a cigarette. I said I didn’t have one and they wanted a scrap. I thought this could happen to anyone and I thought joining the police might be helpful so I could assist people who might come across a similar th…
-
Not sure it has been posted before if it has apologies. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7451/Mobile-phone-guns-destined-Britain.html by ALLAN HALL, Daily Mail Gun: Found by police With its keypad and illuminated display, it looks like any mobile phone. But the only calls this model is likely to make are to the undertaker. It is a .22 pistol disguised as a mobile. The deadly weapon is one of ten intercepted by frontier police in Switzerland on their way to criminals in Britain, France and Germany. The gun - made in eastern Europe - works on a simple percussion system in which bullets are detonated by high-tension springs. On the bottom of the 'phone' i…
-
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/chief-constable-stuart-hyde-shocked-and-surprised-by-retire-or-resign-decision-1.1080432 Chief constable Stuart Hyde 'shocked and surprised' by retire or resign decisionLast updated at 15:29, Tuesday, 27 August 2013 Surprise and shock. That is Stuart Hyde's reaction to the decision by Cumbria's police and crime commissioner to ask him to retire or resign. Stuart Hyde Related: Cumbria's chief constable to be asked to retire or resign Earlier today, Richard Rhodes again blocked the temporary chief constable's return to work despite a police investigation into Mr Hyde's conduct clearing him of gross misconduct, misconduct and criminali…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-23824875 Wonder what the two donuts wanted with there demands :new_hmmm:
-
Teenager stranded at festival punched police officer to get lift home A stranded festival-goer punched a police officer in the face in a bid to get a lift home, a court heard. Peter Reilly has been ordered to write a letter of apology to PC Robert Forrester after he hit the officer at T in the Park in July. The "baffling" incident was recounted at Perth Sheriff Court as a sheriff ordered Reilly, 18, to say sorry formally to PC Forrester. Sheriff Brian Cameron said: "Was this really just a way to try and get a lift home? Punching a police officer in the face normally leads to a custodial sentence." Reilly, of Milnacre in Edinburgh, had his sentence deferred for good b…
-
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/notting-hill-carnival-police-dance-off-011919444.html#QN5clrx Now I have taken part in similar high jinx moments on the spur of the moment as I believe it shows that we are indeed human and have a sense of humour. I do hope that the gaffers take a positive view of this. Sadly I think the likes of TM and the DM will see it as "Police Have Too Much Time on Their Hands". Hats off to the lads.
-
A lawyer has been condemned for telling a court that an abused 13-year-old girl was "predatory" and "sexually experienced". Paedophile Neil Wilson, 41, walked free from court despite admitting he engaged in sexual activity with the girl at his home. He was given an eight-month suspended prison sentence after prosecutor Robert Colover reportedly told the hearing at London's Snaresbrook Crown Court yesterday: "The girl is predatory in all her actions and she is sexually experienced." Second barrister's explosive child sex abuse comments Judge Nigel Peters said he took into account that the girl looked and behaved older than she was when he decided Wilson's punishment. B…
-
- 3 replies
- 826 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23832601 This tells why PPC,S Should not run our police forces
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23823079