UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24047097 Now, I'm not anti-europe and I'm pro the HRA and the ECHR. I also usually reserve a view until I can actually read the judgement (people should do more of actually reading judgements before jumping on the outrage bus) but I've got to wonder. In what case is getting extradited to another country to face terrorism charges good for anyone's mental health?
-
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Row-promotion-racist-Bristol-policeman/story-19720047-detail/story.html?ito=email_newsletter_bristolpost - should he have got the job???
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2417274/High-streets-risk-taken-yobs-bit-money-aside-fines-Justice-Secretary-warns.html - is anyone surprised, HMG reduce the number of police officers by 16000, and wonders why more yobs are being cautioned than taken to court. Chris, they have so much paper work to deal with on other jobs,(which are generally more important than a few yobs in the High Street) that they just don't have time to take all yobs to court. Your Boss Malfoy says that 'Front line' jobs are not effected by the cuts, pull the other one, it has bells on it.
-
A police dog handler has been given a £500 penalty after he was found guilty of kicking a 15-year-old boy in the throat. Pc Kevin Peel received the sentence at Westminster Magistrates’ Court following the attack on the teenager, which happened after he had set a 45kg German Shepherd police dog on him. The incident occurred in a Sainsbury’s car park in Wandsworth Road, Vauxhall, south London last July. The victim, who cannot be legally named, told the court Pc Peel called him a “thieving c***” after kicking him twice. ‘He started kicking me on my waist. This is while the dog was biting me,’ the teenager said. ‘Then he kicked me in my throat the second time. ‘I …
-
Original article link: http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/12032 I believe it is an excellent idea.
-
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/porn-parliament-300-000-viewing-attempts-084304706.html#aps3sJT If they spent less time on this and more on getting the country back on its feet. I love the comment "Officials sought to play down the significance of the total, insisting it was inflated by pop-ups, auto-refresh and other web design features and did not reflect deliberate efforts to access sexual content." Perhaps it was all just research of course.
-
A news story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24005811 Apparently he is grateful for the apology from Police after being challenged in the grounds of Buckingham Palace. In light of the recent incident there, what exactly does he want? A colleague of mine who once served in the navy often recalls the time HRH was given a good boll**king by someone not frightened of titles, for being late on watch.
-
-
- 27 replies
- 2.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
A judge has allowed a critically ill cancer victim to sue police for wrongful arrest – even though he will probably be dead by the time the case gets to court. Keith Johnson has already given his evidence and undergone cross-examination so the trial can go ahead even after he passes away. The father-of-four, who was given two weeks to live by doctors, alleges he suffered a nightmare 14-hour ordeal after a caravan he bought turned out to be stolen. Legal first: Keith Johnson, with wife Elizabeth, suffered a 14-hour ordeal and could be set for compensation after he has passed away And in what is believed to be a legal first, District Judge Phillip Mackenzie granted…
-
- 3 replies
- 834 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-chief-60-crimes-not-investigated-023754545.html I am uncertain what Sir Peter Fahy's objective was with this admission - giving comfort to the enemy (the villains), justifying poor results or demoralising his officers? Whichever, it strikes me as speech designed to lower even further the satisfaction of the public and, consequently, make the job of Police Officers on-the-ground more difficult. I am not sure that was a good idea but, he's the CC; so he must know best!
-
-
- 23 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
source There are some strange people out there, and only 2 days after someone else was in court for similar activities... I don't even know where to begin on what might or might not be an appropriate punishment, did he get of light or not? I can't tell!
-
-
Seems like a sensible move. Plus as the article says some of the vehicles now have a screen in between the driver and the prisoner anyway (like the American vehicles). I don't know of any other force who routinely require all prisoners to be caged.
-
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/shameful-police-wages-criticised-officer-5832659
-
Is there really any difference? Or is it just the same measure of aptitude/ability etc under a new name? I can see a fair bit of cross over and i would assume respect for race and diversity underpins all of the strands, rather than in its own right as before.
-
- 0 replies
- 648 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23967547 Thing that has always got me ( and putting to one side my issues this week! ) people need to know that driving is not a right it is a privilege and thus should the respected.