UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23984386
-
I am finding it really hard to find out much about the apparent merger of all blue light services to come under the control of PCCs. There is an article in The Times but I don't subscribe so only some of it is displayed. The only other article I can find is this one and I think that this is an important issue worth posting and I'm really surprised at the almost complete lack of media coverage of this. http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/s-merger-threat-blue-light-services/story-19316574-detail/story.html#axzz2WZvS0e3B
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-23967098 Fahy makes a good comparison with the NHS I think. Forces can't be expected to be able to do everything in these days of cuts and redundancy. Especially if an officer was forced to scrape together a case file just to get NFA'd by the CPS just for a statistic.
-
Nothing grips me more than to see pushy parents mouthing off on the sidelines at their child's football match/dancing competition etc etc Surely though this bloke takes the biscuit: http://www.itv.com/news/2013-09-06/tough-eagle-dad-trains-five-year-old-son-to-become-youngest-person-to-fly-an-airplane/ Pushy parent or child cruelty? You decide!
-
The police face pressure to maintain and even improve the service they provide while working under increasing financial constraint. How should they make the most of limited funds? Sir Peter Fahy, chief constable of Greater Manchester Police (GMP), said on Wednesday that his officers were only able to concentrate on about 40% of reported crime, although he stressed this was standard practice for investigations with no line of inquiry. Nevertheless, the GMP has faced cuts of £145.5m in the four years to 2015, with officers falling by 19%. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23969321 Some interesting view points. Mostly boiling down to better technology, more work by other agen…
-
As is customary with missing people appeals when the person has been found, the SYP link in the post is now deleted and all personal information including picture has been removed from the SYP website so I am doing the same here.
-
They could do with 10 of these, not just one.
-
source I personally think they should just auto-ban at 12 points. "not enforce a driving ban if doing so would cause exceptional hardship", well maybe the person should have thought about that before totting up the points?
-
More than half of all crimes reported to Greater Manchester Police are not investigated, the chief constable has admitted. Sir Peter Fahy said officers are only able to concentrate on about 40% of reported crime. Britain's second largest force has faced cuts of £145.5m in the four years to 2015, with officer numbers reducing by 19%. However, recent figures show most recorded crime has fallen by 19%. 'Intelligent policing' Sir Peter said: "In the same way that the health service concentrates on the most serious illnesses and the treatments likely to have most effect, the police have to concentrate on the most serious crimes and those where there are lines of investiga…
-
This is what happens when an organisations funding is cut to below sustainable levels - Coming to a Police Fore near you
-
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/crime-courts/emphasis-for-police-shifting-to-control-says-chief.22053873 I cant seem to find any other sources for this lecture, (it was only last night) but I'd like to hear more.
-
Greater Manchester Police has paid out "five-figure sums" to demonstrators who claimed they were ill-treated by officers at a rally. Dozens of arrests were made at the anti-English Defence League rally in Bolton in 2010. The Justice4Bolton group claimed members were wrongfully arrested and officers were heavy-handed. The force said it has settled a small number of civil claims out of court without admitting liability. Justice4Bolton said three of its members received five-figure payouts from GMP. 'Extreme violence' Solicitor Michael Oswald, acting on their behalf, said: "It is a reflection of the bravery and tenacity of our clients that, more than three years after …
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23795088 The BBC news last night was some of the most upsetting I've ever seen. Watching a child in the last throes of life, by all reports, the victim of a chemical weapon attack moved me to tears. The BBC reported that the only people in the area who are capable of delivering those sorts of weapons in the way they were apparently delivered, is the Syrian government. Last year Obama said that the use of chemical weapons would change things. So, today, have things changed? Do they look like changing? No. In a word, they don't. Well. They have for innocent Syrians.........their neighbourhoods are no…
-
-
- 92 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
I'm on my phone at the moment so I cant copy the full text across. Story breaking on BBC News that a PCSO at London Gatwick Airport has been charged with stealing a combined total of £15, 000 from passengers whilst on duty 7 charges of theft and one of misconduct in a public office http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23946916