UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21296 topics in this forum
-
Private police force' of 100 security guards to patrol shopping streets of Manchester city centre Read more at: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1581278_private-police-force-of-100-security-guards-to-patrol-shopping-streets-of-manchester-city-centre One can see a time in the not to distant future, Police will sit in stations doing their paper work, private security firms will do Police work. "Although they will not have police powers of arrest, talks are under way to eventually give the officers limited powers to hand out on-the-spot fines for minor offences such as littering." The powers start with littering will move on to, "Police Officers please…
-
-
- 9 replies
- 662 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
A 27-year-old man has been convicted of firearms possession after police officers were shot at during last summer's riots in Birmingham. Jermaine Lewis, of Summerton Road in Oldbury in the West Midlands, was also found guilty of reckless arson and riot at Birmingham Crown Court. Five others have already been convicted of the same charges after 12 shots were fired at police in August. The West Midlands force helicopter was also shot at. Tyrone Laidley, 20, Nicholas Francis, 26, of Thetford Road, Great Barr in Birmingham, Renardo Farrell, 20, of The Terrace, Finchfield in Wolverhampton and Wayne Collins, 25, from Ouseley Close in Luton, Bedfordshire, were all convicted …
-
SOURCE:- http://www.people.co...02039-23825713/ Hmmmm certainly doesn't resemble the Force I know. Sensationalism to earn a quick pound?
-
http://policeoracle.com/news/Criminal+Justice/2012/Jun/15/Tweets-From-Custody-Suites_49899.html West Midlands Police is publishing running updates on Twitter on booking in, interviewing and charging or releasing suspects in one of its custody suites - in what is believed to the first day-long event of its kind. And very good reading it is to :)
-
ladies and gentlemen; "'But I'm really a decent girl - I drive a BMW and I work hard, it really wasn't me." since when did driving a BMW make you a "decent" person?! :new_doh2: also no charge for assaulting the cop, despite admitting it i see...
-
Concern mounts that roads policing officers could face prosecution under dangerous driving legislation. http://policeoracle.com/news/Criminal+Justice/2012/May/29/Police-Pursuits-No-Defence-In-Law_49267.html In order to escape Police, drive down one way street wrong way. After the above story I see no reason any Officer will wish to do 31 in a 30 MPH zone. I placed the story here, as I can foresee a time when Police carrying CS spray, or a stick, will be prosecuted for carrying dangerous weapons. Two or more Officers walking down a street might be done for looking to menacing to the public. Police Officers seeing a burglary in progress, done for trespassing as they …
-
-
- 18 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Not much info at the moment
-
-
I was reading earlier about the arrest of a City of London Police Superintendent, yesterday by the IPCC in relation to suspicion of misconduct in public office. The arrest is the result of information passed to the IPCC by the Metropolitan Police Service team investigating Operation Elveden. It relates to the alleged passing of unauthorised information to a journalist. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/14/police-officer-arrested-leak-journalist?newsfeed=true However I never knew they actually had powers of a police constable during an investigation. The below legislation covers this : A member of the Commission’s staff who— (a)is designated under sub-paragrap…
-
A police officer had to be cut out of his London Metropolitan patrol car following a collision with a kerb in Oxford Street, London last night. Whilst on duty in the city, the car hit the kerb and ended up on the crossroads between Regent Street and Oxford Street. Accident: The car hit a kerb and ended up on the crossing between Regents Street and Oxford Street A rickshaw is also thought to have been hit, although no-one was injured from the third-party. The three police officers in the car remained in the vehicle until paramedics arrived, and then the decision was taken by firemen to cut out the officer who was seated in the back of the vehicle. He was taken stra…
-
-
Is tagging just a cheap and ineffective alternative to prison? I have lost count of the number of times I have searched someone in custody and discovered the oversized watch on their ankle. Most of them just laugh off the fact that they are breaking their tag, with comments like 'I do it all the time, they only check now and then and if I get caught the court don't do anything about it' common
-
Well done to all http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/9761215.__80_000_worth_of_class_A_drugs_seized_in_Selhurst/
-
Feel a bit sorry for the bloke.... still found it amusing though I have to admit, especially the harsh parking ticket lol