UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21296 topics in this forum
-
This article caught my eye just now (the mail online - I do apologise ) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2148732/PCSO-arresting-sight-stripped-underwear-racy-car-modelling-photographs--bosses-say.html Wondered what people's thoughts were on this subject. Mods - Sorry if this is in the wrong place!
-
Greater availability of the less-lethal weapon could mean the difference between life and death, says staff association. More officers should be issued with Taser to bolster their safety as budget cuts bite and there are less boots on the ground, the Police Federation has said. According to Paul Davies, the staff association’s Lead on Safety and Firearms, greater availability of the less-lethal weapons “could mean the difference between life and death” as officers continue put themselves in harm’s way. He pointed out that more than 5,000 warranted officers had already disappeared from the ranks – and with thousands more vanishing in the months ahead, he said those at t…
-
-
Bank robbers ‘earn’ less money than the average honest worker, according to an unprecedented study of their illegal trade. A team of experts discovered the average raider escapes with is a modest £12,706 – a little less than six month’s average salary. And unlike TV portrayals of bad guys escaping with suitcases stuffed with cash, robbers flee from one in three banks empty handed. Meanwhile the risks remain high, with police employing an array of high-tech technology to catch their quarry and judges handing down long jail terms. In fact, if a ‘struggling’ robber carries out a series of raids to boost his income, statistics show he will be caught after four raids and impr…
-
A man who was prevented from joining the police because of his height has stood down as a special constable after 51 years of service. Alan Melville, who is about 5ft 8in, had his application to become a full-time officer declined under 1960s rules. He went on to join Inverness-shire Constabulary in 1961 as a special. Mr Melville retired at 65 in 2005, before returning to serve for another seven years. He has left Northern Constabulary - a successor of the Inverness-shire force following mergers and restructuring - as a special superintendent. The Inverness shoe shop owner said: "I have enjoyed every minute of my special career and I would do it all over again. "…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...cester-18392074 Cant be that secure if you can walk out with two laptops.
-
Bank robbers ‘earn’ less money than the average honest worker, according to an unprecedented study of their illegal trade. A team of experts discovered the average raider escapes with is a modest £12,706 – a little less than six month’s average salary. Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1xaAS8jvC Pushing drugs seems to pay quite well, I cannot see enough other ways that so many can afford such expensive vehicles. There is not that many highly paid jobs out there.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18411547
-
A Hucknall teenager is “lucky to be alive” thanks to the swift action of Hucknall’s Street Pastors. Police and ambulance were called to the car park of Tesco Extra, in Ashgate Road, Hucknall at about 8.30pm on Friday 17 February 2012 following reports of an injured 15-year-old boy. http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/newsandevents/news/2012/march/02/drunk_teen_saved_by_street_pastors/ A story in the news of Street Pastors.. What are your experiences of them? The media shows them in a good light, from all I have seen and heard I would agree, do you go along with my thoughts? Do these people come under attack by those they try helping? Are they viewed by the drunks or …
-
In what is believed to be a nationwide first, an entire shift in a specialist Metropolitan Police unit has been staffed by special constables. http://www.itv.com/news/london/2012-04-06/first-for-met-as-special-constables-take-over/ I am sure this will go down well. Do specials have the immense knowledge of Traffic cops?
-
-
- 7 replies
- 816 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Staffordshire Police have started recruiting volunteers to help the force with jobs including washing cars, giving out leaflets and translating.Sgt Jason Nadin from the force said a car maintenance volunteer would save them 5,500 man hours a year.He said: "It's also an opportunity for the police to help people increase their CVs."The force wants to save £22m by 2013. Last May it announced that more than 250 officers would lose their jobs.'More transparent'Sgt Nadin the scheme was not designed to save money.He said: "It's an opportunity for us to be more transparent and give people a chance to see where their money goes."The force is looking for people who can help with t…
-
Folks Have a look at the attached, looks like lancashire are getting pretty creative around making more people aware of the PCC election with viral videos, I wonder if others will follow http://www.policecrimecommissioner.co.uk/Lancashire
-
- 0 replies
- 604 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Your government wants a 20% or greater cut in police services. I think your Federation is a great organization but your morale is abysmal and I have no idea how to cure the situation. I am not a cop. I am a 55 year old American lawyer who lives and works in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan. I have no clue what it means to be a beat cop. But what I see from my side of the pond, is that your crime rate is increasing because your society is changing, and for reasons that I do not understand, your politicians seem to ignore the obvious and think that they will be able to do more with less. On this web site there is a cartoon that predicts the death of the "Beat Bobby." I believe …
-
- 0 replies
- 339 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk...ashire-18341410 Acting Chief Constable of Lancashire saying that the situation now is exactly what people have been trying to warn about since the cuts were announced
-
If DC and his good lady are so careless and neglectful that they lose/forget about their child after a visit to the pub shouldn't the child be placed on some kind if `at risk' register these days?
-
- 1 reply
- 628 views
- 1 follower
-