UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21297 topics in this forum
-
-
'Tonight I have seen grown men crying in cells with remorse (or self-pity)': The tweeting policeman's New Year dispatch from UK's drunken streets of shame As drunken men and women took to the streets in a disgraceful display of violence and degradation, police chief James Tozer was watching. And yesterday his chronicle from the New Year front line was revealed. Superintendent Tozer catalogued events on Twitter during a 14-hour overnight shift in and around the historic market town of Shrewsbury. Scroll down for the entire Twitter log You naughty girl: Police lead off a Newcastle reveller who looks a little worse for wear In it, the West Mercia Constabulary officer des…
-
-
- 15 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Uniformed+Operations/2012/Dec/24/Stab-Vests-Unfit-For-Policing-Purpose-_59305.html
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255710/Tweeting-policeman-documents-New-Years-Eve-drunken-night-shame-UK-streets.html What's interesting about this story is not what he witnessed. No. What I find interesting is that the majority of those DM readers who decided to comment, don't want to know what goes on, but do have an opinion that a Superintendent shouldn't be taking his time twittering when he should be 'policing'. It's a funny world.
-
-
- 14 replies
- 949 views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255617/The-phone-line-Two-officers-caught-Google-Street-View-car-squeezing-village-phone-box.html I promised myself Id stop reading this garbage.
-
I've just read this on MSN. I've signed because i despise them. http://epetitions.di...petitions/33327
-
-
- 5 replies
- 814 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Norman Tebbitt certainly got this right about VAZ. Why other MP's put up with this crook is amazing, but then most are probably just as bad. http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/normantebbit/100196176/who-would-you-trust-a-police-officer-or-keith-vaz-mp/
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-20888666 If they are the boys who done this mindless act there parents can hold there head in shame for not knowing what there boys get up to.
-
Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-20888353
-
Is this the same Justice Butler-Sloss, or should it be Slosh, who investigated the Middlesborough Child abuse, and gave the doctor responsible for many children being taken into care a 'pat on the back' with a 'don't worry Doc, carry on', instead of recommending the sack. Dr Marietta Higgs, the scourge of Middlesborough , who continues to practice in Sussex, or down that end of the woods. I don't think too many people will be worried about Sloss and her thoughts. http://www.telegraph...ned-police.html ']Dr Higgs qualified in 1974 at the University of Adelaide, moved to the UK in 1977 and worked at Newcastle Medical School from 1979 to 1986. In 1983 she had attende…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-20858035
-
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-20873831 I can almost imagine the initial descriptions from this coming across the radio!
-
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9771532/Keith-Vaz-calls-for-Royal-Commission-into-policing.html = I very rarely agree with Slippery Vaz, but he has got a lot correct in this article. Ms May making radical changes without consultation. Too deeper cuts and too fast, agree entirely. The fact that 25 out of 43 forces do not have permanant Chief Constables, that is the fault of the Home Office who would not allow Police Authorities to appoint Chiefs for over a year, until PCC's were in place. The whole aspect of Winsor 1 & 2 was a desperate mistake by HMG who in the end will come to regret upsetting nearly 135,000 thousand officers, I don't include an…
-
-
- 13 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Like I have enough time to have one but plenty of reports today slamming officers for working during their rest days. The other day I was told by an unemployed alcoholic that she earned more than I did on benefits, rather than get wound up I laughed it off until she then goes and gets the paperwork from the benefits office and its there in black and white...£200 a month more than me with free rent on top. Sick
-
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-