UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21297 topics in this forum
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-20828157
-
I've moved your post into the main CT Shooting thread (link below) Croby and closed this one. http://www.policeora...ng/#entry497971
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20852637
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/9740252/Key-David-Cameron-aide-Craig-Oliver-threatens-Telegraph-over-Leveson.html - You do tend to find that when people threaten newspapers, they have something to hide. The problem is these MP's don't seem to learn from the previous scandal. Carry on Telegraph, expose as many as you can, it's our money they are stealing.
-
-
- 21 replies
- 2.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
And my thoughts on that video! 1) Police! NEVER rely on the public, unless it is film footage you are looking for! Lutonites you should be ashamed of yourselves, that officer is someone's brother,son,father. 2) Why did Officer seem so reluctant to put the boot in? Has the fear of public backlash now taken forefront in Police thoughts? I would have beaten the rubbish out of this fellow, sod the consequences! 3) Cameraman, another useless cretin who stood by and watch this instead of getting involved, rather film a officer dying then put camera down! 4) With the many ways the Police are currently attempting to interact with the public, it seems to have failed on …
-
- 13 replies
- 1.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
The Great Expectations project set up by PCSO Claire Nutland is aimed at 12 to 16-year-olds at risk of committing serious crime. Ms Nutland said one of the key activities in the project has been meeting inmates at HMP Leyhill. She said: "It's somebody they can talk to who really knows exactly how it is to live that life." Another key activity has been workshops that encourage team-working and communication skills. Ben, 13 who has taken part in the project, said he used to "fight a lot and people used to wind me up". But since taking part in the course, he said: "I treat people with a bit more respect and I just think before I do anything. "What's the point in going …
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20828148
-
-
Britain's police must reform or lose respect and trust As the Andrew Mitchell affair and Hillsborough report illustrate, Britain's law enforcers must be held to account Nick Herbert The Observer, Saturday 22 December 2012 21.00 GMT Police on the beat in Brixton, south London. Photograph: Martin Godwin During the two-and-a-half years I served as police minister, I was privileged to meet many fine police officers. From the brilliant detectives who solve the worst crimes, to the committed neighbourhood teams who work hard to build confidence in their communities, to the stoic response officers who deal with drunks every weekend, I never lost my a…
-
http://www.standard....=internalSearch My colleagues at work pointed out this article. My night out with the Specials saving bankers from themselves No one parties harder than a City worker at Christmas bonus time. As their festive cheer spills out on to the Square Mile, a crack team of special Christmas constables is on hand to save them from themselves Six police officers have pinned the man to the ground but he keeps struggling anyway. In his back pocket, they find what looks like a wrap of cocaine. He is swiftly cuffed, put in the back of their van and taken to Bishopsgate police station. As he is carted away, his smartly dressed colleague leans over to …
-
http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Crime/2012/Dec/19/Police-Pursuits-Legal-Questions-Remain_59236.html
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...nshire-20801573 Well I bet the officers had a good time with this one.
-
Chief constable will look at matters that led to counterpart being suspended.South Wales Police Chief Constable Peter Vaughan has been appointed to investigate the allegations against the suspended Chief Constable of Cumbria Constabulary Stuart Hyde. Cumbria Police Authority, which has kept CC Hyde off work despite the IPCC saying the allegations did not constitute serious misconduct, said the suspension was “a neutral act” that helped facilitate the investigation. But the watchdog also said “some matters” may require further investigation and the police authority picked CC Vaughan to carry out the probe. The authority said it was reviewing CC Hyde’s suspension every f…
-
- 3 replies
- 478 views
- 1 follower
-
-
This one happened to catch my eye: I'm not quite sure why a speed camera at 35mph would be judged enough to go through the process, but I confess I cannot understand the person's unwillingness to accept the concequences of not taking SAC. I'm also not sure if the CC of Cheshire is actually responsible for this directly, or if it is more a speed camera partnership which uses police services as appropriate.