Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Policing News

News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.

  1. Pavarotti1980
    Started by Pavarotti1980,

    http://news.sky.com/story/1175697/helicopter-crashes-into-glasgow-pub-roof

      • Like
    • 137 replies
    • 15.8k views
  2. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-25941662 The way I read it the officers did a good job and good no one was badly hurt.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-26093193

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 2.2k views
  4. keithboy37
    Started by keithboy37,

    I've just seen this on Sky news. Respect. I wonder what would have happened in this country. I bet we would be criticised for being aggressive, heavy handed and racist. http://news.sky.com/story/1209691/cops-diving-tackle-catches-break-in-suspect

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. OldAfricaHand
    Started by OldAfricaHand,

    Call me paranoid but I have just discovered that Cindy Butts, one of the IPCC Commissioners who I commented on in the Orgreave thread, has viewed my LinkedIn profile. That cannot be a coincidence - so clearly they can establish identities of Forum users and, indeed, are actively doing so. I assume, therefore, that they will read this - I just wonder what part of their remit allows them to "fish" on the internet - they should be responding to & investigating complaints not trolling for intelligence on MOPs or Police officers who are not the subject of complaints. I am travelling to UK next week; it will be interesting to see if I get questioned at the border on…

      • Like
    • 47 replies
    • 5.4k views
  6. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-policeman-court-accused-taking-girlfriend/story-20564710-detail/story.html

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
  7. almostthere
    Started by almostthere,

    And still the stories come in, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-26115440

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Forlorn Hope
    Started by Forlorn Hope,

    FRESH CONCERNS have been raised after revelations that an official report failed to mention that armed police were called in to quell a disturbance at a NHS mental health ward. This has prompted campaigners to demand greater transparency from the Met and hospital bosses. The independent report, commissioned by the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLAM), examined two separate but related incidents at River House medium secure unit – where 23-year-old Olaseni Lewis died in 2010 after being restrained by 11 police officers – on the night of October 1, 2012. According to the report, 10 patients were involved in the incident in which the nurse’s station was b…

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 3.5k views
  9. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26063628

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. almostthere
    Started by almostthere,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25859701 I love the comment by a Tory MP below - they will be saying it drew in tourists:- A Conservative spokesman said neither his party or any of the others pay for policing. He said: "We contribute a significant amount of economic benefit to the cities where our conferences are held. "The contribution to Manchester in 2013 was £24.6m, and our conference in 2012 contributed £16.5m to Birmingham." And a Labour Party Spokesperson said: "The Labour Party does not pay for conference security. "It is a decision made by the Home Office in conjunction with the local police force and we are very happy to co-operate with them…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 877 views
  11. Drich
    Started by Drich,

    I know its not big news, But being part of this team feel pretty proud (Even thought I was there and didn't get my feet wet last night) http://www.twickenhampeople.co.uk/Police-wade-save-day-Eel-Pie-Island/story-20575441-detail/story.html Also made it to the MPS Facebook http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=666429970080645&set=a.260071987383114.63748.260012884055691&type=1&stream_ref=10

    • 11 replies
    • 948 views
  12. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-26055832 Downright stupid what this officer done now the both face perverting the course of justice if found guilty.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. beez28

    Link - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/kirkcaldy-officers-perform-cpr-to-save-woman-s-life-1.209581 Short but sweet. Well done those officers!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 504 views
    Administrative Account
  14. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent_messenger/news/corruption-sackings-12468/ = ...and I wonder who pressured them into fiddling the figures.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Reasonable Man +
  15. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-26115070 Just go,s to show what can happens when you run from police

    • 2 replies
    • 483 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.