UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2563391/Loyal-wife-turned-detective-clear-man-divorcing-rape.html
-
http://www.hertsad.co.uk/news/update_naked_man_arrested_in_st_albans_after_driving_erratically_on_m1_1_3344191 You certainly don't get a police pursuit of a naked white van man every day...
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561467/Firearms-officer-wins-sex-discrimination-case-against-police-chiefs-gun-big-small-hands.html
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26254639 Very poor recording that had to be subtitled. Allegedly from the police.
-
-
From left AFC Masters players Slater Rodmell and Dharmendra Khinji with Sgt Martin Lally POLICE joined in a football training session with AFC Masters players to break down barriers. Officers joined the team, which consists of adults with disabilities, to raise awareness about hate crime. Last month the force marked National Hate Crime Awareness Week with a catalogue of activities throughout the borough. Bolton North Neighbourhood Policing Team’s Sgt Martin Lally, PC Dave Heald, PC Danny Worthington, PCSO Kevin Blakemore and special PC Richard Hill went to the team’s training session at St Joseph High School’s sports dome in Chorley New Road, Horwich, on Saturday…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26205961 Once again a well known, well liked Police Twitter user has fallen under investigation and suspension. Will be interesting to see what happens with this one.
-
Hundreds of police officers have failed a new compulsory fitness test, figures have shown. Figures provided by 27 forces under the Freedom of Information Act revealed nearly 70% of the 363 officers who failed were women. No punitive measures will be taken against those who have not passed, but from September, action could be taken against anyone failing three times. Compulsory testing was introduced in England and Wales last year. In total, nearly 3% of the 13,024 officers tested failed. Devon and Cornwall, Dorset and North Wales were the only three forces with a 100% pass rate 'Room for improvement' The constabularies with the highest percentage of failures were S…
-
-
- 18 replies
- 3.8k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Finally our courts are standing up to the ECHR - about time too
-
I have just travelled from Manchester to London on Virgin trains who seem to have an interesting business model for advance-booked travel. I travelled First Class for GBP53 - good service - light breakfast of bacon & sausage barm-cakes (baps) + coffee and juice etc. I did this preference to travelling "Standard" class because that fare was GBP 27 dearer (GBP 70 and you buy your own refreshments & have less roomy seats!). I am not sure how such pricing makes sense - a better-quality service for a much cheaper price than a lower-quality service but I enjoyed it. I believe it's half term; so maybe families are benefitting but as 1st class was empty and Standard very …
-
Britain's most notorious killers were told today that life in prison must mean life after senior judges dismissed their claims that their indefinite sentences were 'inhuman and degrading'. In a victory against the Human Rights Act, the country's leading judges gave their crucial ruling on whole-life sentences today and decided they were legal in 'heinous' cases. The decision came on the back of legal appeals, funded by the taxpayer, by a small group of sadistic killers whose crimes were deemed so appalling they were told they must spend the rest of their lives behind bars. Murderers Jeremy Bamber, Douglas Vinter and Peter Moore managed to argue their sentences were 'cr…
-
Stories like this really annoy me, I hope he's found guilty and hit hard at sentencing. Utter scumbag.
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9904541/Police-officer-who-smashed-into-pensioners-car-in-line-for-six-figure-sum-after-suing-force.html Tried posting the story in full but I'm having problems with copy and paste, I'm sure you'll remember the incident.
-
I hope whoever is responsible is quickly caught. Edit: Thanks to TheJazzPolice for the link - here.