UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
Saw this article in the Belfast Telegraph tonight, thought some of you would like to read it. Briefing time again. It takes me two hours every day to get there. It would be handy to live within 10 miles of the station, but that doesn't happen for police based in border areas. Before I leave for work I shower, shave, check my kit, have a cuppa, check kit again and put my gun on. We carry a firearm 24/7. Well, we're supposed to. Some officers choose not to, but I do. Maybe it's my paranoia. I go out to my car but I don't climb straight in. I get down on my hands and knees, in all weathers, to have a good look at the underside of my car for any explosive devices. I drive…
-
Imagine being a firearms licensing officer somewhere in Wales when this bloke submits his shotgun certificate renewal. History of mental illness and a mugshot like that. Pardon the pun, but we do shoot ourselves in the foot sometimes.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-28261224
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2677611/Black-firearms-officer-subjected-year-bullying-police-deleted-records-discrimination-report-cover-bid.html - Why wasn't Acting Inspector Kelly disciplined, inexperience cannot be used as an excuse.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohj3wJnNDc
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-28086085 Not good news at all for the people of Manchester.
-
BBC story which relates to crime and policing http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28237111 Emergency powers to ensure police and security services can continue to access phone and internet records are being rushed through Parliament. Prime Minister David Cameron has secured the backing of all three main parties for the highly unusual move. He said urgent action was needed to protect the public from "criminals and terrorists" after the European Court of Justice struck down existing powers. But civil liberties campaigners have warned it will invade people's privacy. Mr Cameron defended the move in a joint news conference with Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, saying…
-
A sad, and unfortunately, all too familiar tale. (In general I mean, not necessarily police dogs) Source: BBC
-
-
So, will the strikes achieve anything? Do you agree with them? How else would the workers get their message across? Personally I think that strikes are the final step if dialogue fails. Strikes, or the threat thereof, got the tube drivers what they wanted, re pay at least.
-
I've just seen an interview with the woman who designed the 'uniform' for the games in Glasgow. Apparently, there has been criticism from some quarters, and i'm not surprised. She (the designer) said, among other things, that she wanted the athletes to enter the arena on the opening ceremony, appearing dressed in a striking way. Well, as a very firm admirer of the traditional Scottish attire, in my view only, one cannot get much more striking, as she puts it, than the traditional dress. I realise of course that the kilt would have needed to be changed.Is there a neutral tartan that could have been used I wonder, I don't know if one exists, but maybe a Scot knows (tommo) ?…
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2681506/The-shocking-moment-drunk-teenager-seriously-injured-police-officer-vicious-late-night-attack-going-aid-female-colleague.html
-
We have recently moved to a house about 15 miles from the centre of town - almost in the bush. Last night whilst I was away from home in SA, a gang of thieves raided our house - they stabbed the security guard (not too serious I'm happy to say). My wife heard the commotion and pressed our panic alarm - the first G4S Response team arrived in less than 5 minutes with a second one a few minutes later. They gave the guard first-aid and got him to hospital. The first response team searched the area for possible suspects. Sadly, the Police response was that my wife should visit the station and give them the details as they had no vehicles available. The static guard did a good …
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-28210023 Comments like this makes me wonder who is right Mr Duckenfield was "not a pleasant man" and told officers how it was "going to be his way", Mr West said. Officers were told their division was a "disgrace" and "had been badly run".?
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28204727