UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2347766/Britains-black-woman-judge-Constance-Briscoe-court-connection-Chris-Huhne-trial.html More fallout from the Huhne, Pryce saga.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28579429 Police were obviously just the guinea pigs. Looks like parachuting candidates with no previous experience into inspection roles is the new vogue.
-
Starting a new topic on this as even though the ban on new recruits who do not live in London is mentioned I feel this needs discussing separately. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/met-police-to-hire-recruits-with-minor-convictions-9604807.html
-
A salutary lesson for all those who ask the "should I or should't I?" question when it comes to applications and disclosing past history ..... Source Teletext
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11006019/Immigration-watchdog-quits-as-Theresa-May-accused-of-trying-to-silence-him.html = No doubt Ms May trying to avoid embarrassment to the Home Office because of her failed immigration policy, by covering up, and trying to alter Mr Vines reports.
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2712369/Elite-black-police-officer-Scotland-Yards-poster-girl-claims-bullied-winning-racism-case.html
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2703436/Betrayal-murdered-police-heroes-Fury-two-ex-Yard-chiefs-oppose-life-sentences-police-killers.html I think Lords Condon & Blair should hang their heads in shame! They have betrayed the men and women whose calling gave them fame & fortune. My belief is unequivocal - all killers of Police officers should be executed - just thinking of the cost of keeping Harry Roberts in prison makes me feel angry - I don't imagine the families of crew of Foxtrot One-One ever received compensation equal to the cost of their killer's incarceration.
-
Source. The MPS has since said:
-
It is hoped that new technology, such as body worn cameras and tablet computers, will help police officers spend less time on paperwork and more time on the beat. A force in Hampshire says it has saved the equivalent of 40 working days since April 2013 after using tablets instead of hand-writing witness statements. Alex Forsyth reports. Looks a good bit of kit! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23776839
-
-
- 26 replies
- 3.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Source: http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-28581181 Such a shame really, a really gifted footballer who's prepared to throw it all away after another incident. I'm surprised to see him remanded, especially for a common assault charge, but it's interesting to see more virtual court links being used.
-
So he should. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28451998 Now I wonder what actions will be taken. He is an elected representative so not sackable as such as he has not been sent to jail (for a year or more). If he remains - what message does this send out re domestic violence? If it was a police officer - what would be the usual end result? I await the result of their decision of course.
-
Source.